Death Ray and Fliers - Page 12 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-23-12, 10:36 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Not every shadow, but any shadow
Posts: 7,889
Reputation: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Awww poor baby, you are playing such a difficult army! Heaven forbid you don't get an all amazing death beam that fucks everything and is a flyer too!

That said, the rules do state draw a line, kill everything in it...RAW it totally just rapes everything. Should it be that way? Certainly not, it's a straight line, much like a laser beam, that Should only hit things it actually passes through, so it could go at an angle and hit ground targets that way as the beam hits the ground...however that's not how the jackass Ward in his infinite wisdom decided to write it. This thread should not be this long, RAW it works, end thread.
Before you go calling people Jackasses you should maybe have a think about it. One of the prime objectives of the rules is SIMPLICITY and so therefore some particular situations will not be modelled, this is one of them.

How do you know what the exact nature of the weapon is?

The weapon obviously attacks things at all levels so is more of a vertical plane than a beam because it isn't restricted in height it doesn't contour the ground and it isn't stopped by walls, hill, etc.

As you say however the rule is clear. It hits all things along the line. End of.
Magpie_Oz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #112 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-23-12, 10:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Taggerung's Avatar
Taggerung's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Washington
Posts: 870
Reputation: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post
Before you go calling people Jackasses you should maybe have a think about it. One of the prime objectives of the rules is SIMPLICITY and so therefore some particular situations will not be modelled, this is one of them.

How do you know what the exact nature of the weapon is?

The weapon obviously attacks things at all levels so is more of a vertical plane than a beam because it isn't restricted in height it doesn't contour the ground and it isn't stopped by walls, hill, etc.

As you say however the rule is clear. It hits all things along the line. End of.
Eh...He is and he is hands down the worst writer for rules and fluff employed by GW.



Check out my DKOK Project Log!

Armies : Raven Lords Chapter, 219th Siege Regiment and Da Grotteef Waaaaghhhh

Currently Painting : 219th Siege Regiment, about 25% done! Last updated 3/7/2013
Taggerung is offline  
post #113 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-23-12, 11:01 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Not every shadow, but any shadow
Posts: 7,889
Reputation: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Eh...He is and he is hands down the worst writer for rules and fluff employed by GW.
Just because you say that doesn't actually make it so.
Magpie_Oz is offline  
 
post #114 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-23-12, 11:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Aramoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,314
Reputation: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Eh...He is and he is hands down the worst writer for rules and fluff employed by GW.
Erm no you're flat wrong on that Matt Ward is the best rules guy GW have hands down, everyone knows that unless they're retarded......so......I guess....

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
Aramoro is offline  
post #115 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-23-12, 11:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Taggerung's Avatar
Taggerung's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Washington
Posts: 870
Reputation: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post
Just because you say that doesn't actually make it so.
Quite true, but it's actually a widely held belief. Just Google "Fire Matt Ward petition" then do that with all the other writers, He has several search results, and when you do it with the other writers google tries to correct you and replace Phil Kelly with Matthew Ward...no one else conjures as much loathe and hatred for their work than Matt Ward, except maybe Stephanie Meyer

Quote:
Erm no you're flat wrong on that Matt Ward is the best rules guy GW have hands down, everyone knows that unless they're retarded......so......I guess....



Check out my DKOK Project Log!

Armies : Raven Lords Chapter, 219th Siege Regiment and Da Grotteef Waaaaghhhh

Currently Painting : 219th Siege Regiment, about 25% done! Last updated 3/7/2013

Last edited by Taggerung; 07-23-12 at 11:07 PM.
Taggerung is offline  
post #116 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-23-12, 11:08 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Not every shadow, but any shadow
Posts: 7,889
Reputation: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Quite true, but it's actually a widely held belief. Just Google "Fire Matt Ward petition" then do that with all the other writers, He has several search results, and when you do it with the other writers google tries to correct you and replace Phil Kelly with Matthew Ward...no one else conjures as much loathe and hatred for their work than Matt Ward, except maybe Stephanie Meyer
Mate you are in some serious trouble if your going to take the noisiest subjects on the Internet as you benchmark for your opinion on someone or thing.

Using that logic 9/11 was a conspiracy, Elvis and Jacko are still alive and Junior Prom is a porn site.

Edit: When I Goggle I get a link to a wiki article, one to a thread here asking why people hate him and some rant on 1d4 then a whole heap of Matt Wards on linkedin and other personal web pages.

Last edited by Magpie_Oz; 07-23-12 at 11:11 PM.
Magpie_Oz is offline  
post #117 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-23-12, 11:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Taggerung's Avatar
Taggerung's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Washington
Posts: 870
Reputation: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post
Mate you are in some serious trouble if your going to take the noisiest subjects on the Internet as you benchmark for your opinion on someone or thing.

Using that logic 9/11 was a conspiracy, Elvis and Jacko are still alive and Junior Prom is a porn site.
Not a benchmark or why my opinion is that way, he just writes poor rules and even worse fluff. He is especially bad when it comes to special characters. The point of the google search was to show my opinion of him is not an isolated case. He has lots of hate, and for good reason.

Either way it doesn't matter, this is not a thread about Matt Ward.



Check out my DKOK Project Log!

Armies : Raven Lords Chapter, 219th Siege Regiment and Da Grotteef Waaaaghhhh

Currently Painting : 219th Siege Regiment, about 25% done! Last updated 3/7/2013
Taggerung is offline  
post #118 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-23-12, 11:12 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Not every shadow, but any shadow
Posts: 7,889
Reputation: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Not a benchmark or why my opinion is that way, he just writes poor rules and even worse fluff. He is especially bad when it comes to special characters. The point of the google search was to show my opinion of him is not an isolated case. He has lots of hate, and for good reason.
Disagreeing with your view is not good reason.

If it isn't a thread about Matt Ward why did you bother mentioning it?
Magpie_Oz is offline  
post #119 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-23-12, 11:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Aramoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,314
Reputation: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Not a benchmark or why my opinion is that way, he just writes poor rules and even worse fluff. He is especially bad when it comes to special characters. The point of the google search was to show my opinion of him is not an isolated case. He has lots of hate, and for good reason.

Either way it doesn't matter, this is not a thread about Matt Ward.
It seems to have become a thread about why you are categorically wrong. I presume you havn't read any of the new codex's then or checked them for internal balance, or are just an awful player. Those are the only reasons i can think of.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
Aramoro is offline  
post #120 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-23-12, 11:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Taggerung's Avatar
Taggerung's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Washington
Posts: 870
Reputation: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramoro View Post
It seems to have become a thread about why you are categorically wrong. I presume you havn't read any of the new codex's then or checked them for internal balance, or are just an awful player. Those are the only reasons i can think of.
Lol, are you actually saying Grey Knights is a balanced codex when compared to say, orks?



Check out my DKOK Project Log!

Armies : Raven Lords Chapter, 219th Siege Regiment and Da Grotteef Waaaaghhhh

Currently Painting : 219th Siege Regiment, about 25% done! Last updated 3/7/2013
Taggerung is offline  
Closed Thread

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome