Kharn & stormcalling - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-08, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Default Kharn & stormcalling

I understand that Kharn's Blessing of the Blood God neutralizes psychic powers directed at him, and that he ignores the effects of passive psychic powers.

But now, if a SW squad with stormcalling cast on them charges a squad that contains Kharn, what happens?

A) SW strike first bc they count as striking form cover
B) Kharn neutralizes stormcalling and everyone strikes in initiative order
C) Kharn strikes in initiative order, the rest of Kharn's squad strikes last
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-08, 01:34 AM

i would think that 3 takes effect.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-08, 01:36 AM

Revelations's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute035 View Post
I understand that Kharn's Blessing of the Blood God neutralizes psychic powers directed at him, and that he ignores the effects of passive psychic powers.

But now, if a SW squad with stormcalling cast on them charges a squad that contains Kharn, what happens?

A) SW strike first bc they count as striking form cover
B) Kharn neutralizes stormcalling and everyone strikes in initiative order
C) Kharn strikes in initiative order, the rest of Kharn's squad strikes last
I'm going with 3. You have to remember that Kharn becomes his own squads during the Assault phase since he's an IC. At that moment, the squad loses all benefits of having Kharn with them...

...one also wonders who's scuicidal enough to join Kharn anyway...

Pondering...

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-08, 01:57 AM
Inquisitor

Bishop120's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
I'm going with 3. You have to remember that Kharn becomes his own squads during the Assault phase since he's an IC. At that moment, the squad loses all benefits of having Kharn with them...

...one also wonders who's scuicidal enough to join Kharn anyway...
I agree with this as well. Your just asking for trouble if you join Kharne (also on the rules point I agree).

Anyway come 5th Edition that will be the only way to run Kharne unless you just want him shot out from underneath you.

"The warrior who acts out of honor cannot fail. His honour is duty itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear."

- Roboute Guilliman
Primarch of the Ultramarines
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-08, 04:22 AM

Lemartes's Flag is: Germany

As Storm Caller isn't directed on Kharn the Betrayer, but on the SW unit itself, the Wolves will strike first and kick the nerdy 'Zerker dudes ass, as "Blessing of the Blood Good" doesn't effect the Storm that's brewing at the dark horizon.

Wasn't that epic ? :D

Lemartes
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-08, 05:03 AM

Revelations's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemartes View Post
As Storm Caller isn't directed on Kharn the Betrayer, but on the SW unit itself, the Wolves will strike first and kick the nerdy 'Zerker dudes ass, as "Blessing of the Blood Good" doesn't effect the Storm that's brewing at the dark horizon.

Wasn't that epic ? :D

Lemartes
Not exactly my good man; "...immune to the effects of psychic powers..." that does not neccessitate that said powers affect him... even though they technically do affect him directly by attempting to lower his initative value in melee.

Same ruling that allows him to ignore the Harlequins 'Veil of Tears'.

Ergo, if the Psychic Power has any effect whatsoever, Kharn ignores it.

Pondering...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-08, 03:02 PM
Inquisitor

Bishop120's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
Not exactly my good man; "...immune to the effects of psychic powers..." that does not neccessitate that said powers affect him... even though they technically do affect him directly by attempting to lower his initative value in melee.

Same ruling that allows him to ignore the Harlequins 'Veil of Tears'.

Ergo, if the Psychic Power has any effect whatsoever, Kharn ignores it.
Its pretty much as Revelations says here. Per the FAQ Kharn just ignores any and all psychic powers and their effects. Personally I think he would be more likely to hit his own team mates at this point to encourage them to not slow down.. lol..

"The warrior who acts out of honor cannot fail. His honour is duty itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear."

- Roboute Guilliman
Primarch of the Ultramarines
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-08, 11:40 PM
The Hammer of Olympia

BlackApostleVilhelm's Flag is: USA

i used to play with a world eaters army with kharn and came across this problem once. ht effect of the storm call is negated and kharn still has his same intiative. that's what i had to go off of from the gw people, besides why would kharn give a damn about a storm he would still kill them. bit of advice though, dont attach him to any squads or have him anywhere near one that he can attack. ive learned the hard way that he'll attack anyone and anything near him if the dice srews you over.

Here is the beginning of my fluff for my Iron Warriors Eighth Grand Company https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=51842

"A fortress is a living thing: the commander its brain, the walls its bones, the sensors its eyes and ears, the troops its blood, their weapons its fists. This tells us two things: If one organ fails, the whole dies. And if the whole dies, no single organ can survive alone."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode