Necron Reanimation Protocols and Kill Teams - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-12, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

aberson126's Flag is: USA

Default Necron Reanimation Protocols and Kill Teams

So my question is pretty simple. since in kill teams each model acts like its own unit how do you handle reanimation protocols if a 1 man unit of necrons dies?

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-12, 07:13 AM

Archon Dan's Flag is: USA

Unless there was some special consideration or house rules, Necron Reanimation Protocals would not work in Kill Teams. They are treated as seperate units and only those with Ever-living would be able to reanimate. As those are all HQ models, you'll not see them in Kill Teams. As I write this however, I recall that they are still bought as a whole unit before becoming seperate. So if you bought 10 Immortals as one Troop choice, you could argue that any going down would reanimate so long as one lived. Hmm. Perhaps you could play that they only reanimate if within X" of another Immortal or treat them all as Ever-living. It is a very specialized kind of mission that not all rules were designed for.

"Fetch me another plaything. This one seems to have broken." -Urien Rakarth

Space Marine- "This planet is ours, witch."
Eldar- "No ... This planet is theirs ..."

Last edited by Archon Dan; 04-20-12 at 07:17 AM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-12, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

yeah thats the issue i see. If they dont have reanimation they take a significant hit because the rule/ability is incorporated into their point cost

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-12, 03:28 PM

but on the upside, taking 10 deathmarks lets you mark 10 different units as each deathmark is a unit (do remember to go second though). Someone tried this at my local GW store and pretty much blew away his opponent :D

Last edited by emmonno; 04-20-12 at 06:30 PM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-12, 05:19 PM

Archon Dan's Flag is: USA

Yeah. Deathmarks would be nasty in that situation. Each one deep striking and taking out a marked target. Make sure those AP 3 or better weapons go away and you're solid.

"Fetch me another plaything. This one seems to have broken." -Urien Rakarth

Space Marine- "This planet is ours, witch."
Eldar- "No ... This planet is theirs ..."
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-12, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon Dan View Post
Yeah. Deathmarks would be nasty in that situation. Each one deep striking and taking out a marked target. Make sure those AP 3 or better weapons go away and you're solid.
As far as I know (I don't have the battle missions book) it's not allowed to deep strike in kill team. And it indeed is nasty (remember that you also wound on 2+ in close combat :D)

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-12, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

so far i've been playing vs my friend's IG as we prepare for a kill team tournament. been running RP for every unit regardless of distance to another necron. so far its came up victory to me 3/3 times. but every time i have 2-3 immortals left. He has also only ever played 3 times so i think without RP i'd be toast. Plus with only 5+ i maybe WBB twice a game on fallen models. Ill try a game without any RP rolls to see how it goes.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-12, 11:50 AM

you would probably play it like the old we'll be back rules (except they can still get up if killed by power weapons or instant-killed) - you can reanimate as long as there is another model within 6''

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-12, 11:53 AM

You would probably play it that u have to be within 6'' of another model. However they are technically still one unit because say u choose deathmarks, u still have to have at least 5 deathmarks which kind of implies that they still count as one squad but move separately. If you did play it like that though it probably wouldn't make a difference to hunters from hyperspace mark because your opponent would probably only have one squad too

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode