Multiple Mindshackle Scarabs question - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-04-12, 08:45 AM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

Well in that case the whole thing is obvious as their is no cap on hits. Especially when its not stacking, but being generated at the same time by separate pieces of wargear. If I shoot a random 1D3 weapon from say a orc unit is it impossible to hit more then once as the hits are generate at the same time?

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-04-12, 12:44 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

The question is whether or not multiple scarabs cause multiple effects, not if multiple effects stack (which they obviously would).

My view is that the MSS makes you take the test, and that you can be made to take multiple tests each turn... but that once you've failed, you've failed and that the effects only happen once.

post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-04-12, 03:03 PM

the cabbage's Flag is: Scotland

You pay five times for MSS you should get the benefits five times.

Unless you can show differently. Treat each MSS individually and stack the results. May be OP against IC or MC but then again I find power fists to be OP against my Grey Hunters.

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-04-12, 07:36 PM
WFB Moderator

Quote:
Instead of attacking normally, he inflicts D3 hits on his own unit when it is his turn to attack
I take 5 MSS tests, fail 3 and then when it is my time to attack I do D3 hits on my unit.
I've followed every rule word for word and not done multiple sets of D3 hits on my unit. You can fail many tests and the result is that "he inflicts D3 hits on his own unit when it is his turn to attack". Nothing says that multiple fails cause you to do multiple sets of hits, so fulfilling the requesits for 1 fail will fulfill them all.

post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-04-12, 09:44 PM

reasnd's Flag is: Australia

I've recently played aganist a Necron army with Mind shackle scarabs and have to admit that for 15 pts, they are nasty.
My big question is how do you counter them?
A unit of Genstealers with broodlord was riped apart by a unit of 20 warriors with a MSS Cryptek. Mostly because the Broodlord turned on its mates. Is there a way to counter the leadership test? or do I have to avoid runing anything but rank and file? Personally I can't play a game where I hold anything back. By this I mean tactically moving and placing a model to make sure they can't get into base to base contact with a MSS equiped Cryptek.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-04-12, 10:15 PM
WFB Moderator

The model chosen by MSS is random, and only those in base contact are effected... so you either hide the 'effective' models from base contact with the lords/overlords (crypteks don't have MSS), mob chaff into base contact as well to minimise the chance of MSS targeting your good model or just stay at range and shoot the hell out of the enemy.

I had my D-lord charged by typhus and 3 plaguemarines... I got lucky and my 1in4 picked Typhus, so I smashed the enemy. Had my MSS picked out one of the others or if he had passed his Ld then I would have been utterly trounced (it was not a combat I wanted to fight... but I didn't consolidate far enough from a prior combat). Typhus alone would have been a much lesser threat then Typhus +3 random nothings.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode