Losing a combat - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-08, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Default Losing a combat

Allright gang, this situation almost exploded me and my mate's heads yesterday whiile playing (which means there's probably a very simple answer).

3 Orks (one was a Nob with powerklaw) were fighting two Dreadnoughts (I know - it looks bad for da boyz). Dreads kill two orks and nob kills one dreadnought. We couldn't work out who wins combat for purposes of a morale check. Dreads count as 10 models for outnumbering purposes; we didn't technically "wound" the dread; do any hits (glance or pen) count as a wound when calculating total wounds to a walker; does no one leave a fight with a walker (the walker doesn't and if we can't "wound" it ...).

Headache once again just thinking about it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-08, 12:16 AM

mgtymouze's Flag is: USA

Dude on page 72, states that each roll on the vehicle damage chart counts as a single wound. 10 is just for the morale check for the other side. Vehicles never have to make the morale check at the end of combat (pg 73).

Hope this helps you man.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-08, 12:23 AM

Revelations's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblai6 View Post
Allright gang, this situation almost exploded me and my mate's heads yesterday whiile playing (which means there's probably a very simple answer).

3 Orks (one was a Nob with powerklaw) were fighting two Dreadnoughts (I know - it looks bad for da boyz). Dreads kill two orks and nob kills one dreadnought. We couldn't work out who wins combat for purposes of a morale check. Dreads count as 10 models for outnumbering purposes; we didn't technically "wound" the dread; do any hits (glance or pen) count as a wound when calculating total wounds to a walker; does no one leave a fight with a walker (the walker doesn't and if we can't "wound" it ...).

Headache once again just thinking about it!
Walkers don't take moral checks. The only draw back they suffer is by losing combat and taking more hits VIA being outnumbered. Did you do more hits?

In this case, one unit was destroyed while you suffered two wounds and you're still in combat against the 2nd walker. And you're down to the last man anyway. I'd say you'd have to check (at an heinous negative modifier) and then start making your last man standing checks if you manage to survive.

Pondering...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-08, 10:27 PM

don_mondo's Flag is: USA

As mgtymouze said, each damage result against the dread counts as a 'wound' for combat resolution. So if the Nob actually caused two or more rolls on the damage charts, it's a tie or an Ork win.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-08, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Knew it was an easy answer! Thanks very much guys - the way it worked out we pretty much accidentally followed the rules anyway!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode