Can invulnerable saves prevent wounds from dangerous terrain? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-08, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

Culler's Flag is: USA

Default Can invulnerable saves prevent wounds from dangerous terrain?

Heya. My nob bikers have 5+ invulnerable saves, but if they move through dangerous terrain and fail their check (taking a wound), do they get an invulnerable save? The reason I ask is that in the book it says no saves are allowed, but the rules haven't differentiated between types of saves by that point, and normally when invulnerable saves aren't allowed the rule in question specifically points says they aren't. Also, invulnerable saves are for when you don't get your normal saves.

Just wondering what the consensus was. (I know they get feel no pain, which isn't a save, vs. wounds from dangerous terrain. People may try to fight over that but that one's pretty clear.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-08, 01:45 AM

Tanrel's Flag is: USA

Definately not. It specifically says 'No saves allowed.' Invuln saves are allowed when the normal saves or cover saves are not, for example when a squad of space marines gets hit by, say, a plasma cannon. Their normal saves are not allowed, but invulns are. So basically, if it specifically says, 'No saves allowed,' that means 'No saves allowed.'

USMC, Oorah!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-08, 02:34 AM
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

Yep. If it says no saves then you get no saves. You've still got FNP, so it's not that bad. I'd go for it. 1 in 6 chance of getting a wound, 50/50 chance of ignoring it, and all the models are multi-wound so yeah...plough through that ruined building.

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-08, 06:12 AM

wait, nobs have feel no pain and are multi-wound? Thats awesome!!

USMC, Oorah!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-08, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
You've still got FNP, so it's not that bad. I'd go for it. 1 in 6 chance of getting a wound, 50/50 chance of ignoring it, .
I thought you can't take the feel no pain roll if no saves are allowed?? I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure its right....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-08, 12:46 PM
Executive Nitpicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanrel View Post
wait, nobs have feel no pain and are multi-wound? Thats awesome!!
Nobz are W2, and they can have a Painboy as an upgrade, which grants the whole unit FNP (Culler mentioned that he took that option)

Reevan: Only *Close Combat Attacks* that deny saves (or hits from anything that causes Instant Death) prevent Feel No Pain. A dangerous terrain test is not a close combat attack (neither is a failed perils of the warp check, in case you've got Mephiston ;-) ) therefore it does not deny you a Feel No Pain roll.

FNP is not a save.

"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-08, 01:04 PM

I know its not a save just coz in the rule it states that any save ignoring weapon also ignores fnp.... So any non attack wound( perils of the warp, terrain etc.) can be ignored by FNP??

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-08, 01:16 PM
Executive Nitpicker

Any wound so long as it is not from a source that causes instant death (str double your toughness), or from a Close Combat Attack that ignores saves, can be ignored with Feel No Pain. This means Dangerous Terrain, Perils of the Warp, exploding transports, etc can all be ignored by FNP if your check succeeds

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-08, 03:30 PM
Inquisitor

Bishop120's Flag is: USA

Dont forget plasma guns overheating.

And an important to remember for Death Guard marines getting shot by Tzentch AP3 Bolter shells and Plasma guns... lotta people dont think about those for some reason..

"The warrior who acts out of honor cannot fail. His honour is duty itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear."

- Roboute Guilliman
Primarch of the Ultramarines
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-08, 03:56 PM

plasma guns ignore FNP? It doesn't one shot kill any orks or marines...

USMC, Oorah!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode