Chaos Rhino. - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-08, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royemunson View Post
I think your wrong on that one i'm afraid, yes you can buy a razorback for a ten man squad but that squad has the option to split in to two units so one of them can use the transport. you cant do that with the chaos one.
I didn't say you could. I said you could by a transport (a Razorback) for a unit (a tactical squad) that's too big to fit in it. You don't have to combat squad your unit. You could field a 10-man tac squad and a Razorback. Ergo, what I said was correct.

And what you said, "... in every other codex there is a max. unit size to be allowed a transport..." is wrong, isn't it?

"Well it's Forty-one Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty-nine OK -
Gotta war across the Milky Way - "
Iggius Popiscus and the Stoogii, "41,969"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-08, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

royemunson's Flag is: England

ok, ok did want to start a row, just thought it was a bit odd buying a transport for a unit that it cant transport..

Well, the Chaos Space Marines have the chaos gods on their side, while the Space Marines have Games Workshop on their's.
So one has the most corrupt, twisted and souless entities in existance helping them while the other gets the chaos gods.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-08, 10:03 PM

Syko515's Flag is: USA

royemunson,

let me spell this one out for you, stock a rhino for us is only 35 points to take, and really has no other roll then to be a moving wall. now had he put extra armor onto it then its a different story. but i am assuming he didn't, meaning that the umpteen-million lascannons your gaurd can feild in a 1500 point game should have absolutly no problem popping his moving walls. from a chaos perspective, that what is expected of the rhino, it might move once...might, but more then likely it's going to become terrain turn one.
really, i wouldn't give it a second thought if i where you, because honestly, who cares how man rhinos any one fields, its often enough gun fire fodder.

Ave Dominae Nox

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-08, 10:50 PM

There is nothing wrong with what he did, tactically or fluff wise but what i like to know is can a dedicated transprt have to be in unit coherency any time during the game? during deployment, movement, anything??

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-08, 10:53 PM

Revelations's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Reevan View Post
There is nothing wrong with what he did, tactically or fluff wise but what i like to know is can a dedicated transprt have to be in unit coherency any time during the game? during deployment, movement, anything??
Negative on the Coherency good buddy. The only thing is that a dedicated transport is deployed at the same time the unit is, nothing more. So if you really wanted to, you could deploy the vehicle on the other side of the table. (Hmm... new mission idea!)

Pondering...
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-08, 10:56 PM

thought so thanks my good man... they can be deployed anywhere but even if the unit they were deployed with is destroyed they cannot transport another squad no?

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-08, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Reevan View Post
thought so thanks my good man... they can be deployed anywhere but even if the unit they were deployed with is destroyed they cannot transport another squad no?
Er... if I think you're asking what I think your asking, the transport may carry any troops it wants to. It doesn't matter if it's the owning unit or not.

Here are the only two benefits of dedicated transports...

1. The owning unit may begin deployed within the transport.
2. The transport does not take up a FoC spot.

Pondering...
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-08, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
... the transport may carry any troops it wants to. It doesn't matter if it's the owning unit or not...
I don't think this is right, in fact I think its dead wrong. A transport must be taken as a transport for a unit and can only transport that unit, is my understanding.

:concerned cyclops:

"Well it's Forty-one Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty-nine OK -
Gotta war across the Milky Way - "
Iggius Popiscus and the Stoogii, "41,969"

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-14-08, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Orc View Post
I don't think this is right, in fact I think its dead wrong. A transport must be taken as a transport for a unit and can only transport that unit, is my understanding.

:concerned cyclops:
Erk! Pg 62 MRB, totally my bad, you're right.

Pondering...
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-14-08, 02:23 AM
Inquisitor

Bishop120's Flag is: USA

Yep.. dedicated transports may only be used to transport their owning unit. The preliminary 5th edition rulebook removes this little problem but thats only if they dont change that little bit which I think they wont as not to many people are purchasing transports due to that little rule.

There are lots of occasions when a unit is to big for its dedicated transport (chaos, tau FW with drones, Inquisitors with to many henchmen...) so theres no biggie here. And there is no requirement to deploy the tank anywhere near its squad. I was talking with someone else here on the forums about IG and their mobility doctrine where everything has to take a Chimera to ride in. A neato idea would be to deploy all the Chimeras on one side of your deployment zone and the Guard on the other side and use the ol'e hammer and anvil tactic.. use the Chimera to push the enemy into your IG gunlines and chew them apart piecemeal.

"The warrior who acts out of honor cannot fail. His honour is duty itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear."

- Roboute Guilliman
Primarch of the Ultramarines

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode