Mind in the Machine - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-11, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

capnmoe's Flag is: USA

Default Mind in the Machine

This is one of Anrakyr the Traveller's new abilities. I just want to make sure I'm reading this correctly. The vehicle cannot alter its facing, and fires as if it had not moved. Am I to assume that this means I can fire all of its weapons now since it will be treated as not having moved? Or can I only fire 1? And also would I be able to shoot Anrakyrs Tachyon Arrow or Command Barge gun regularly after using this ability? If so I'm putting this guy in a command barge and boosting>doing Sweep Attacks>Doing Mind in the Machine Attacks>Disembarking>Command Barge gun attacks>Tachyon Arrow attack> and then possibly assaulting all in the same turn? Also would all these attacks have to be against the same unit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-11, 11:00 PM

lokis222's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnmoe View Post
This is one of Anrakyr the Traveller's new abilities. I just want to make sure I'm reading this correctly. The vehicle cannot alter its facing, and fires as if it had not moved. Am I to assume that this means I can fire all of its weapons now since it will be treated as not having moved? Or can I only fire 1? And also would I be able to shoot Anrakyrs Tachyon Arrow or Command Barge gun regularly after using this ability? If so I'm putting this guy in a command barge and boosting>doing Sweep Attacks>Doing Mind in the Machine Attacks>Disembarking>Command Barge gun attacks>Tachyon Arrow attack> and then possibly assaulting all in the same turn? Also would all these attacks have to be against the same unit?
As far as I can tell, you shoot all guns (not moving) and it is not a shooting attack, so you still get your shooting phase. From reading, you don't even get to choose to do it, it just happens.

Edit: The command barge guns are not linked to the characters guns. And the order would be: command barge and boosting>doing Sweep Attacks>Disembarking>Doing Mind in the Machine Attacks>Command Barge gun attacks>Tachyon Arrow attack> and then possibly assaulting all in the same turn, but I am not sure you can boost and disembark. Also, you always have to assault the unit you shot at.

Last edited by lokis222; 11-15-11 at 11:04 PM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-11, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

capnmoe's Flag is: USA

You're correct about boosting and disembarking. I had forgotten about that. However, I could still do this at cruising speed.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-11, 11:39 PM

lokis222's Flag is: Canada

As I read it, yes. The issue with the tacheyon arrow is that you would have to assault the same target. Other than that you should be fine.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-11, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokis222 View Post
As I read it, yes. The issue with the tacheyon arrow is that you would have to assault the same target. Other than that you should be fine.
Simplest solution is to kill the vehicle you just took over so it can't retaliate. Between the tachion arrow, furious charge, and a warsythe, he is one of the best tank busters the necrons have. Basicaly a living meltabomb in CC if he gets the charge.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-11, 12:16 PM

Ravner298's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaivex View Post
Simplest solution is to kill the vehicle you just took over so it can't retaliate. Between the tachion arrow, furious charge, and a warsythe, he is one of the best tank busters the necrons have. Basicaly a living meltabomb in CC if he gets the charge.
not to mention his potential in apocalypse games.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-11, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravner298 View Post
not to mention his potential in apocalypse games.
He is hilarious in Apoc but going to get blown away first chance someone gets before their Titan goes rogue.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-11, 12:44 PM

Ravner298's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramoro View Post
He is hilarious in Apoc but going to get blown away first chance someone gets before their Titan goes rogue.
Yeah. People need to play him in apoc while the codex is still new and most don't know what exactly he is capable of.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-11, 12:56 PM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

I can just see a Reaver Titan blasting away at him frantically like a woman on a chair afraid of a mouse!

"EEEEEECK!! It's Anrakyr!"

Strange, but not a Stranger.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-11, 01:37 PM

Anrakyr natrual prey is clearly the Titan or Deathstrike Launcher, I mean yes it's hard to fire the Deathstrike but worth it if you succeed.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode