Story Advancement to 41k - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

View Poll Results: How would you like to see the main plot handled?
A Global Campaign is the best way; let the players decide. 11 19.64%
Updated Big Rule Book and Codexes are enough to advance plot. 6 10.71%
Black Library can handle the depth needed for plot advancement. 1 1.79%
A combination of the above options. 23 41.07%
Who needs to advance anything? Warhammer 40k is just fine as it is. 15 26.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-15-11, 08:13 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

I would personally like to see some sort of advancement, but then all i care about is the fluff and of course advancing the plot in any significant way would no doubt require alot of changes on the table aswell, but obviously you can't change all the armies in one go, so its difficult to impliment. But sure, i would definely love to see some advancement, its half the reason i love LordLucans 50/60k fanfic series.

The background can still be easily fleshed out at the same time aswell, Star Wars has done it just find, as has WoW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-15-11, 08:34 PM

Malus Darkblade's Flag is: Kuwait

I used to be for advancement but then I realized there is possibly an infinite number of things they can do with the 40k timeline.

Introducing a new xenos threat like the Slaughth for example or shedding some light on the halo/ghoul stars would be something fresh I think.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-15-11, 09:34 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

I am not sure about advancement but I am always going to advocate the revival of world wide campaigns with results that stem from it.

Maybe not as large as the 13th black crusade was but definitely bigger than Medusa 5.

These sort of campaigns can fill in the gaps between the heresy years and the current timeline.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-17-11, 04:45 PM

Big Mek LugNutz's Flag is: Canada

I really want some elements of the plot wrapped up, like the discovery of the long lost Primarchs (especially Leman Russ. I want him to beat the crap out of that red Thousand Sons bloke.) Or the "could be" return of El Jackson fella from the Dark Angles as well as the hunts for the Unforgiven. Or the recovery of Jaghtai Khan, from the Dark Eldar Webway...

And what about the Emperor, will they scower the filing cabinets for the "ancient knowledge" needed to fix the Golden Thrown, or attempt to build a new one?

Theres so much stuff to wrap up! and I wish GW would continue these stories, instead of making up new ones every codex! I really think they should start something like a Hammer Wiki, or Lexacanum that updates all the time so we can all know What Happens Next!

-LugNutz

Da Mek Shop: In Revision

Space Marine Progress Log: (Unstarted)

Tyranid Bio Lab: In Revision

--------------------------------

Препровождайте, для императора..!

Last edited by Big Mek LugNutz; 10-17-11 at 04:53 PM.
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-17-11, 09:39 PM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mek LugNutz View Post
I really want some elements of the plot wrapped up, like the discovery of the long lost Primarchs (especially Leman Russ. I want him to beat the crap out of that red Thousand Sons bloke.) Or the "could be" return of El Jackson fella from the Dark Angles as well as the hunts for the Unforgiven. Or the recovery of Jaghtai Khan, from the Dark Eldar Webway...

And what about the Emperor, will they scower the filing cabinets for the "ancient knowledge" needed to fix the Golden Thrown, or attempt to build a new one?

Theres so much stuff to wrap up! and I wish GW would continue these stories, instead of making up new ones every codex! I really think they should start something like a Hammer Wiki, or Lexacanum that updates all the time so we can all know What Happens Next!

-LugNutz
Because of this

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
The whole point is that YOU the player advances the story with the actions of your army with your club with your friends on your terms, GW help with that by adding new models and codexs to keep things fresh, but ultimately its your game and you can do with it what you like, you dont need to be spoon fed anything from GW HQ,Its up to you what part of the time line your on or if you want to follow the fluff as its set out or if you want to be in a different time stream altogether.

Anyway GW will never progress the "setting" fluff and battles and campaigns will happen but in the end it will always be nearly the year 40000 give or take, the imperium of man will always be in decline, the eldar will be dying out,the Orks will be everywhere but never organised enough,Nids will eat everything but get stopped by an impossible alliance,chaos will do chaosy things,but apart from the possibility of a new race at some point the story will stay the same as it has for 25 years,because for every successive generation that joins the hobby the story is current and new
And this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
Wahammer 40,000 is a setting, not an advancing story line... Thus it is good as it is...

If you really want the story to advance then I'm sorry but you're playing the wrong game.

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-18-11, 12:12 AM

Lubacca's Flag is: USA

If you are a child of anything but the 2000s you will remember the 'Build your own adventure' books.

40k is like that, but with figures.

The End.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode