Captain Titus? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-11, 04:18 AM Thread Starter

Default Captain Titus?

So the new 40k game that is coming to consoles looks awesome, but who the hell is Captain Titus? As far as I can tell, on lexicanum, all the captains of the Ultramarines are accounted for, especially all of the battle companies.

Is this just relic messing up the fluff? Like they did with Force Commanders? (seriously I was blown when I realized force comander was not a real command unit in space marine ranks.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-11, 07:09 AM

Cowlicker16's Flag is: USA

If you are on lexicanum then scroll all the way down to bottom and click on Titus, basically he's a captain they made specifically for this game. I personally do not see him really getting fleshed out any more by GW

I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.-Albert Einstein
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-11, 10:05 AM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Well it all depends on when the game takes place. Just look at Ultramarines the movie. They have Captain Severus for Second Company and then Portus (cant remember the name) taking over after him. Well in the recent timeline its Captain Sicarus whose the captain of Second, but it doesnt have to mean he's for the past 10,000 years. ;) What I mean is that if it takes place before the msot recent timeline, it doesnt screw with the fluff.

And Force Commander is an inofficial rank that the highest ranking officer gets if there is two of him. Imagine two companies of 2 different Chapters would meet on the same planet. Then there would be two company captains, the one with most experience would normally get the higher honour of leading, thus becoming Force Commander. However I have no idea what rank he might have in DOW2 and how he would outmanuerver Captain Thule in leadership.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-11, 10:39 AM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

If your worrying about how canon he is, then I can ensure you that he (and everything Relic has done) is entirely canon.

And who he is?

Quote:
CAPTAIN TITUS

Captain Titus of the Ultramarines has fought for the Imperium for more than 150 years. Although considered a relatively young Space Marine, he is a decorated veteran of major campaigns waged across the galaxy – his exploits have earned him a reputation as one of the mightiest Ultramarines.

Over his long service, Titus has overcome countless opponents and suffered many wounds, both physical and psychological. In his earliest days, he struggled to overcome his own temper. Later, he survived the death of his entire squad at the hands of a Chaos Sorcerer; Titus killed the fiend, but suffered terrible wounds -- and some questioned how he survived.

Titus became company commander when his predecessor died in battle. He was by his mentor's side when he fell, and still feels the weight of taking over his mantle.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-11, 11:04 AM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJay View Post
Is this just relic messing up the fluff? Like they did with Force Commanders? (seriously I was blown when I realized force comander was not a real command unit in space marine ranks.)
In all fairness, Force Commander was a rank in the previous Marine codex, which would have been out when Relic first made DoW
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-11, 12:05 PM

Rems's Flag is: Australia

+1 for what forkmaster said. There is 10,000 years of history to play.

Also Force Commander did actually used to be a rank 3rd edition and earlier. It was a sort of interim commander appointed for a specific campaign or battle. Usually a veteran brother. This could be done when you needed to subdivide the company or if you were training another marine in the arts of command.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-11, 12:11 PM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Wasnt Titus the ultramarines captain cameoing in Fire Warrior?

Also I thought the full name of the first captain was Titus Agemman.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode