Chaos, in my Tau? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-25-11, 02:23 AM Thread Starter

Chaos, in my Tau?

Alright, so lately I've been thinking about starting a new army after not playing for a while. I stopped about a year ago due to some very complicated reasons. namely, ultramarines. I didn't mind smurfs at first but they get pretty boring when you realize everyone @ your club plays them or something like them. Recently i was hobby hunting when i fell in love with 40k again, and am looking to start a new army. at first I liked tau, but i wanted to do something very original, like chaos tau. I've done some research, and everyone seems to think they're the dumbest think since the snuggie because "Tau don't have a large enough warp presence". I (a fluff lover) was disappointed at first, but after some more research I found out that the Tau had a civil war. This made me think "What if the tau weren't possessed at all, but some backwater planet in the Tau empire rejected the greater good, and took off for some back water planet were they accepted the chaos gods in exchange for help defending their new home. I don't mean to say they would mutate or anything, just modify their guns and armor to show their new allegiance. I would play this army using the normal Tau codex, but with no Kroot or Vespids (for obvious reasons). I would also play a kind of guerrilla style game to represent them as a small force where casualties are unacceptable.

but now come the whole point of this post. Is this plausible (fluff wise)? if not ill just do rogue tau.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-25-11, 02:37 AM Thread Starter

come on, its an interesting idea. I see you there, not replying.
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-25-11, 02:39 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Rogue Tau--a la the Farsight Enclaves--are your best bet. Tau have souls that are very, very hard to access from the warp, almost like they're hidden. It may have something to do with the fact that

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-25-11, 02:44 AM Thread Starter

i dont think you get my point (or maybe im missing something). they aren't physically or mentally any different from normal tau, they just serve chaos as more for the sake of survival. thanks for the response though.
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-25-11, 02:55 AM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

You could easily justify a Tau force corrupted by Chaos. But most realistically it would be unwittingly, rather than willingly turning to Chaos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-25-11, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

thanks, i really appreciate the input. since i never really wanted to do tau that were full on chaos, just allies with them, i think ill do rogue tau. not evil, but definitely not good.
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-25-11, 03:24 AM

Tzeen Qhayshek's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJMcC View Post
thanks, i really appreciate the input. since i never really wanted to do tau that were full on chaos, just allies with them, i think ill do rogue tau. not evil, but definitely not good.
...that serve for their own good, instead of the greater good. I like it!
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-25-11, 12:00 PM

Samir_Duran's Flag is: Poland

Man! Xenology, for starters, IS NOT CANON! And secondly, EVERYTHING except for the biological parts is JUST a guess! Tau weren't created by Eldar. The statement in the Eldar Codex says so, when they say that Tau are totally alien to them, but the hero which the quote is, said that he feels a sort of paternal feelings towards their race.

And going further, I think the thing with Tau Worshipping Chaos is really good, and maybe, as they are unfit for real sacrifices or any mutations, they would capture their enemies in order to sacrifice them in rituals to bring their masters into this universe? Why not.

"Incompetence breeds even more incompetence..."
- Megatron
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-25-11, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir_Duran View Post
Man! Xenology, for starters, IS NOT CANON! And secondly, EVERYTHING except for the biological parts is JUST a guess! Tau weren't created by Eldar. The statement in the Eldar Codex says so, when they say that Tau are totally alien to them, but the hero which the quote is, said that he feels a sort of paternal feelings towards their race.

And going further, I think the thing with Tau Worshipping Chaos is really good, and maybe, as they are unfit for real sacrifices or any mutations, they would capture their enemies in order to sacrifice them in rituals to bring their masters into this universe? Why not.
1st thank you for saying it so I don't have to. Just because 2 things happen close to eachother doesn't mean their related i.e. The day I was born an airline company went out of buissness...does that mean I caused it to close HELL NO!

The only problem I have is that the tau are supposed to be incorruptable....but I say go with it it's your army not mine.
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-25-11, 12:29 PM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by locustgate View Post
The only problem I have is that the tau are supposed to be incorruptable....but I say go with it it's your army not mine.
Incorruptible maybe. Immune to becoming disillusioned (i.e. Farsight)? No, I'd say not. Chaos Tau could work as they've maybe been deluded by an agent of tzeentch etc. Just not Khorne. Bloodthirsty Tau just doesn't work. Renegae Tau would be fine, just you couldn't have any ethereals.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

Last edited by spanner94ezekiel; 05-25-11 at 12:34 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode