Konrad Curze / Night Haunter - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-17-11, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Malferion's Flag is: USA

Default Konrad Curze / Night Haunter

Hey, i recently read about Night Haunter's supposed demise, and I was just interested in what theories or thoughts you guys may have on the subject.
Thanks,
Malferion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-17-11, 10:52 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Night Haunter is dead. This is a confirmed fact. The recent novels Soul Hunter and Blood Reaver, who's main character Talos was one of Curze's inner circle, was present when he was beheaded by a callidus assassin. Some of the other characters also mention that they were there when it happened.

Unless you're a follower of Lux, one of our more... radical... members, this fact is now indisputable.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-17-11, 10:59 PM

Weapon's Flag is: Ireland

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there's no "supposed" about it.

He was beheaded, there was even a flashback in a book about it.

But rather than think about how it sucks for a chaos legion to lose their Primarch when another legion can actually field theirs, think of it as a testament to how awesome he was, and how he has influenced his son's to perfect their craft of fear.

In my opinion, other legions may have awesomely powerful Daemon Primarchs that are still alive, but they'll never be as awesome or cool as the Night Haunter. In my opinion, he was as close to a noble hero that the Chaos Legions have, a man of split personality, who chose to die to make his point. He sacrificed his life to vindicate himself from his accused crimes...

And he also taught me what an act of vindication is.

So yeah, my words don't do him justice, and I'm pretty much rambling on over here, butchering grammar and not really giving you a valid point.

So I'll stop now.

Edit: I have been ninja'd...

Fair play Fist!

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-17-11, 11:17 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

He had a papier mache head damnit!!

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-17-11, 11:34 PM

The video feed may have cut out but we have an eye witness account of the deed in Lord of the Night (possibly Soul Hunter too but I can't remember if Talos was actually there for the deed or just the vengeance).

Ultimately Night Haunter made the ultimate sacrifice, first his humanity and then his life.

My question though is whether that final sacrifice was on behalf of his sons (showing them how dedicated they must be) or the Imperium (fracturing one of the greatest threats remaining to it after the Heresy) or both?

"Look into my eyes, and see your death."
"Let them hate, so long as they fear."
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 02:17 AM

BlackGuard's Flag is: USA

!!!!SPOILERS!!!!

Konrad Cruze did not love his Legion, he did not love his sons. To him they were corrupted, they were thieves and murderers, they were men he would have killed as he been on his homeworld. The final chapter of Soul Hunter is quite clear about this:

"Many will claim to lead our Legion in the years after
I am gone.
Many will claim that they - and they alone - are my
appointed successor.
I hate this Legion, Talos.
I destroyed its world to stem the flow of poison.
I will be vindicated soon, and the truest lesson of the
Night Lords will be taught.
Do you truly believe I care what happens to any of you after my death?"

- The Primarch Konrad Cruze
Soul Hunter, pg. 395

Of all the Primarchs -- he was the only one, in my honest opinion, to be true in his convictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
The chaos gods abandoned Horus most likely because they saw the can of whoop ass coming their way and wanted out of the way so as not to get fucked up!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 02:24 PM

Preysight's Flag is: USA

Howdy Malferion,

pretty much what everyone else said above, Curze is dead. I'm not sure what you've read, but I would point you in the direction of 3 books that I have myself- Lord of the Night by Simon Spurrier, Soul Hunter by the great ADB, and the most recently published Blood Reaver also by ADB. Thats all the books I have on this Legion I'm sure there are audio drama (I don't do those- I really hope they make these available in written format soon) and Index astares II (which I don't have myself).
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 02:49 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yep, he's a goner. the Callidus assassin had his head in her hands as she legged it, along with several other trinkets.

What was said about him not loving his legion is partly true, in so much that the majority ended up being exactly being the thieves he thought them to be, apart from Talos (maybe others) who still honours the way Night Haunter attempted to create.

Last edited by Words_of_Truth; 05-18-11 at 02:51 PM.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapon View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there's no "supposed" about it.

He was beheaded, there was even a flashback in a book about it.

But rather than think about how it sucks for a chaos legion to lose their Primarch when another legion can actually field theirs, think of it as a testament to how awesome he was, and how he has influenced his son's to perfect their craft of fear.

In my opinion, other legions may have awesomely powerful Daemon Primarchs that are still alive, but they'll never be as awesome or cool as the Night Haunter. In my opinion, he was as close to a noble hero that the Chaos Legions have, a man of split personality, who chose to die to make his point. He sacrificed his life to vindicate himself from his accused crimes...

And he also taught me what an act of vindication is.

So yeah, my words don't do him justice, and I'm pretty much rambling on over here, butchering grammar and not really giving you a valid point.

So I'll stop now.

Edit: I have been ninja'd...

Fair play Fist!
To be honest most of the Deamon Primarchs probably don't care about the legions they left behind. The Chaos legions worship their primarchs like gods and occasionally the primarch will use them to achieve an objective. Such as Angron with the world eaters on Armageddon. Magnus probably cares a little, but he really isn't to fussed about sacrificing hundreds of his warriors to achieve an objective.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 04:29 PM

Warlock in Training's Flag is: USA

Magnus liked his Legion thru and thru, even after ascension. Same with Logar. Logar was willing to die by Corax hand to save his Sons. Magnus although wanted to remain loyal to the end couldnt allow his Sons to perish at the very end. Then he was Genuily upset when Ahrimon reduced more than half the survivores to Armore Husks.

I havent Read Lord of the Night, but I read both ADBs Books, and I know in LotN the DP (i belive) quated something about the Split Personality Konrad had. One was the Konrad Cruze, sone of the Emperor, Fair and rightous, and he loved his sons. The other was Night Haunter, blood thirsty, Vindictaion, feed off fear, and he despise what he was and his Legion. Blood Reaver showed this aswell. Talos remember before the end how Konrad was confused and lost one second, and perfectly clear and understanding the next. ne side was caring, and the other was cruel.

Hes dead now... no doubt about that thanks to Soul Hunter.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode