Picking sides - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-11, 04:12 PM

i have always thought of kurze as batman with absolutley no moral restaint upon his actions.......actually come to think of it the personality of rorschach!
add in the self-loathing of himself and his legion as shown in soul hunter and i truly believe he would either go it alone or top himself and his legion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-11, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Oops thanks for that. I added them to my list accordingly.

I do not think though they would be distinguished between Imperial and non Imperial armies. Without chaos, it seems that fighting would just be between angry brothers, not an entire schism.

I can see Lorgar finally getting fed up, and challenging Guilli to combat, those 2 being the largest legions. So they go at it, and I am assuming based on Guillimans tactical genius he would start to win.
I can see then Lorgar petitioning to some of his other brothers that hate Guillimans smuginess and the likes of Russ, and Alphy would join (Russ is anti authority, and Alphy detests Guilli). This would however have a backlash as some of the more brutal primarchs (not having chaos to fight) would join in on the side of Guilli either by petition, or agreement on principles, this being Angron, Lion, and Fulgrim.
This would also have a repercusions, as some of the more self-righteous Primarchs would step in, because Guilli, angron, Fulgrim and the Lion...that would be one brutal ass team that would most likely bully the other team. However at this point, this is no longer a brothers squabble, this is an all out fight. So alliances and lines would be drawn until all 18 brothers would be split.

Thats how I see it.

Edit: Another thought though, since you all said certain primarchs wouldn't fight with others because of ideals. There could be many sides. Like I can see Curze, being by himself, or having an ally in someone he could tolerate. You could have the likes of Horus and Sang, and throw in Vulkan and Khan too, that would be their own fraction trying to forcefully bring the brothers back together.

Last edited by CJay; 03-22-11 at 04:31 PM.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-11, 06:37 PM

Without chaos the primarchs would never have left the Luna labs and been scatterd. Civil war would be very difficult to set off because it would be extremeley difficult for any one brother to get the others on side then you have peace brokers like Horus and Sanguinis who would try to intercede diplomaticly to prevent the destruction of the imperium. The only way civil war could start is if the Emperor did succeed in conquering the galaxy then the primarchs become obselete except as a peacekeeping force or as govenors. When you have so many warriors each under the command of immortal war lords you will get war I gaurentee it.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-23-11, 02:21 AM

Androxine Vortex's Flag is: USA

One things for sure: Magnus and Russ have each other's back

What if it happened this way?

Horus, Lion, Alpharius, Perturabo, Ferrus, Corax, Vulkan, Khan, Dorn, Guiliman, Lorgar, Russ, Magnus, Sanguinus, Fulgrim, Angron, Mortarion

vs

Emperor

I think it would be awesome if the Emperor became traitor. How would that work out? How much of teh Imperium would follow? Regardless, its fun to think about.

+MAY THE DARK GODS BLESS YOU WITH MANY TENTACLES+
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-23-11, 02:27 AM
Craw-Daddy

I don't think the Emperor could be a traitor. Afterall it is his Imperium. The question is, after peace, and not knowing the return of the C'tan or the advance of the Tyranids, in those 10,000 years, what would the fate of the Primarchs be after the Great Crusade?

I believe they would all have been driven mad by the peace. Rogal Dorn sounded quite bitter to return to Terra as the Emperor's Pretorian. But how about 10,000 years of that bullshit?
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-23-11, 02:34 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcrawford View Post
I don't think the Emperor could be a traitor. Afterall it is his Imperium. The question is, after peace, and not knowing the return of the C'tan or the advance of the Tyranids, in those 10,000 years, what would the fate of the Primarchs be after the Great Crusade?

I believe they would all have been driven mad by the peace. Rogal Dorn sounded quite bitter to return to Terra as the Emperor's Pretorian. But how about 10,000 years of that bullshit?
What peace? Even if the Empire stretched from one end of the galaxy to the other unchallenged, there would NEVER be peace.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-23-11, 02:43 AM
Craw-Daddy

Well if you figure chaos was the big problem, most of the galaxy would have been in a peace of some sort right after.

Chaos created that problem that let the ork empire and alien races grow while the Imperium pushed chaos to the eye.

Thats what I meant by peace.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-23-11, 02:48 PM

i take it we're assuming that chaos merely didnt get involved rather than not existing? i ask as if the latter then the necrons won trillions of years ago lol

in dealing with peace though post crusade; i think that apart from the almighty shitkicking the necrons would get waking up looking at 20 full legions and the emperor plus of course the little matter of the nids; that the best option for the imperium is to send the more mentally unbalanced primarchs (lookin str8 at angron here) towards the halo stars and to just keep pushing outwards; keeps them occupied and the saner primarchs can keep a few ork worlds around to kick the crap out of every few years?
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-23-11, 03:34 PM

High_Seraph's Flag is: USA

I'm sure Russ would side with Lion after all they are close Primarchs. Besides Russ is skilled in tactics.

"Loyalty is its own reward."
Lion El'Jonson.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode