Unification wars? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-11, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

steelrudi's Flag is: USA

Unification wars?

I've been out of the 40k loop for some time, and haven't been buying or reading the HH books either. (I know it's akin to cussing in church.) I am wanting to know more about the above mentioned topic. Who was allied agaionst the Emporer, what were the various factions on Terra, and when did it start? I am wanting to do an original Terran Dark angels army from this period, so am needing to know as much as possible from print or the web. Thanks gents!!

The earth would be a great place to live if it wasn't for all the people.

Mans only redeeming quality was to invent plastic. We've done that, now we can leave!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-11, 11:11 PM

Harriticus's Flag is: Israel

Very little is known about the period, the Emperor fought against a lot of "super mutants" and warlords who had carved the earth into small empires during the Age of Strife.

Factions that opposed the Emperor and the earliest Space Marines are mentioned to be Hy Brasil, located in South America and was the last place on Terra to fall to the Emperor. There was also the Yndonesic Bloc, Panpacific Empire (which apparently was very modern and flourished during the Age of Strife), and Ursh which was located in modern Russia/Central Asia and was run by some Tyrant.

All this info comes from lexicanum, you can check the sources yourself.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-11, 11:41 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelrudi View Post
I've been out of the 40k loop for some time, and haven't been buying or reading the HH books either. (I know it's akin to cussing in church.) I am wanting to know more about the above mentioned topic. Who was allied agaionst the Emporer, what were the various factions on Terra, and when did it start? I am wanting to do an original Terran Dark angels army from this period, so am needing to know as much as possible from print or the web. Thanks gents!!
There wouldn't really have been an Astartes Legion during the unification (certainly not one called the Dark Angels) as the 'true' Space Marines weren't created till the Unification Wars were essentially won.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-19-11, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

steelrudi's Flag is: USA

I realize they were not yet known as the Dark Angels per se, but as the 1st
Regiment they did form the basis for the DA legion. "The Age of Strife" culminated in the Unification Wars, this much I do know, and found a site with the various factions/warlords/nations, but not alot about where they began, and how long they lasted. Could make for a cool project, writting fan fiction, or fluff in the future.

The earth would be a great place to live if it wasn't for all the people.

Mans only redeeming quality was to invent plastic. We've done that, now we can leave!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-19-11, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelrudi View Post
I realize they were not yet known as the Dark Angels per se, but as the 1st
Regiment they did form the basis for the DA legion. "The Age of Strife" culminated in the Unification Wars, this much I do know, and found a site with the various factions/warlords/nations, but not alot about where they began, and how long they lasted. Could make for a cool project, writting fan fiction, or fluff in the future.
Yes they were known as The First Legion but the Emperor didn't 'unify' (read conquer) Terra with the Astartes Legions, he used his Thunder Warriors, the creation of the Space Marines came well after when he planned to set out on his Great Crusade.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-19-11, 02:56 AM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

What about Garro or Qruze (I think that's the right one?) one of them claims to have fought on Terra in the unification wars.
Or maybe I imagined it, it is getting late....

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-19-11, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
What about Garro or Qruze (I think that's the right one?) one of them claims to have fought on Terra in the unification wars.
Or maybe I imagined it, it is getting late....
I don't think it would have been the true unification wars, or at least not the wars the Emperor fought to initially conquer most of Terra. More likely that the last few holdouts on Terra were pacified by the new Legio Astartes, skirmishes in comparison to what the proto-Astartes did beforehand.

Last edited by Baron Spikey; 03-19-11 at 12:08 PM.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-19-11, 03:24 AM

Commissar Schultz's Flag is: USA

It was Qruze. I assumed the same thing, that he was a Thunder Warrior. But then he was Cthonic..or was he earth born and assigned to Luna Wolves? *shrugs*

Wonder what this does
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-19-11, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar Schultz View Post
It was Qruze. I assumed the same thing, that he was a Thunder Warrior. But then he was Cthonic..or was he earth born and assigned to Luna Wolves? *shrugs*
If he had been a Thunder Warrior then he wouldn't have been a Luna Wolf, or at least he wouldn't have been one genetically linked to Horus- as I said the Thunder Warriors predate the Astartes and the Primarchs by a fair bit.

Order of Creation:
Thunder Warriors->Primarchs->Astartes
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-19-11, 04:43 AM

cragnes417's Flag is: USA

arn't the astarts from terra decendent from the thunder warriors becouse I thought i heard it some were in one of my books

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode