The Imperium without Heretics - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

Androxine Vortex's Flag is: USA

Default The Imperium without Heretics

Even though this is very similar to ckcrawford's post
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...=heresy+happen
I was wondering the same thing. What if there wasn't a heresy?
Now I AM sure this has been asked before so bare with me.

What do you think would happen to the Imperium? Would it continue to rise and dominate or would it slip into destruction caused by Chaos or someother force. Main thing to keep in mind, the Emperor is still alive too.

+MAY THE DARK GODS BLESS YOU WITH MANY TENTACLES+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 03:51 AM

Chapter: Limp Bizkit's Flag is: New Zealand

if there's no heresy, then there's no csm.... chaos will win out, the same as what happened to the eldar i think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Spikey View Post
And the more you egg him on with outrageous claims the more he incorporates those whimsical theories into his own trough of troll spew- every now and then he returns to Heresy, shits all over the Fluff section before being chased off.

He's the 40k Fluff equivalent of Wasps at Summer time.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-11, 06:00 AM

BrotherArcadius's Flag is: USA

I have to disagree with Limp Bizkit. According to the Horus Heresey series, when Omegron and Alpharius were in contact wit the Kabal, they were told to join Chaos in order to save the universe. The way I see it, Chaos, like most evils, will eventually turn upon itself and die out.

But as for their never having been a Heresey... Then the Imperium would be VERY different. No God-Emperor, only Imperial Truth. No SM Chapters, just legions, and no IG, CSM, or psykers.

"Cowards Die in Shame"

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-11, 08:51 PM

Without the heresy, the Emperor would have been able to implement the Imperial Webway properly and assuming Magnus didn't do another retard psychic message, revolutionized travel within the Imperium as they would have been able to significantly decrease reliance on Warp travel. With this and the Imperial truth still strong Chaos would have weakened over time, and the Imperium would have been able to consolidate their gains. Overall humanity would have had supreme dominance over their territory and likely sent out another crusade or expedition into different areas like into the Halo Zone as it is known in the 40th millenium due to having the Imperial Webway.

The only real threats could be from waking Necron tombworlds, or if this goes further into the future, the Tyranids.

My advice to you is to get married, if you have a good wife you'll be happy; if you get a bad one you'll become a philosopher.

In the grim darkness of the future the economy has even hit daemons, The Changeling is working at White Castle and Skarbrand is giving head in the alley next to Fateweaver's.You ever receive fellatio from a rhyming demon? It's a bad scene man.

Sticking your junk into a fang-filled mouth that breathes fire doesn't strike me as particularly smart.
Which is why that option should be available to any willing to take it.

In fact, there should be fang-faced, firebreathing demons on every streetcorner offering to pay 100 dollars to give BJ's. The gene pool would be vastly better off without anyone incapable of thinking it through.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-11, 09:01 AM

Karak The Unfaithful's Flag is: Great Britain

I think it would be kinda boring with no CSM, because most people would just sit down twiddleing their thumbs watching day time TV.

*The emperor is sitting on the golden throne thinking about the good old days, Horus walks in*
Horus: my lord, there are some xenos around. should we attack?
Emperor: are they worth fighting?
Horus: not really they are kinda pathetic.
Emperor: dammit, we need some action around here! what about the Orks?
Horus: killed most of them, can't find the rest.
Emperor: Eldar?
Horus: they died off last week.
Emperor: Necrons?
Horus: pretty much defeated
Emperor: Dark Eldar
Horus: not enough of them.
*emperor sighs*
Emperor: I think I'll just go and give angron another arm-wrestle or something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klomster View Post
Ok, doing good gentlemen.
(Except Karak, you are not really a gentleman, but more brutal.... a brutalman )

Last edited by Karak The Unfaithful; 03-05-11 at 11:10 AM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-11, 09:33 AM

Grimskul25 said it perfectly.

If the betrayal of the traitor legions could be avoided, the Imperium would not face much resistance untill the awakening of the necrons or the apperance of the Tyranids.

I'm sure, in the meantime, that the World Eaters would eventually get prosecuted for their numerous warcrimes.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-11, 07:30 PM

the Autarch's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherArcadius View Post
But as for their never having been a Heresey... Then the Imperium would be VERY different. No God-Emperor, only Imperial Truth. No SM Chapters, just legions, and no IG, CSM, or psykers.
i do believe there was an imperial army during the crusades, not the guard but still something like it

"That's Colonel Crazy Bastard to you,pal"
Col. Colm Corbec, Tanith First-and-Only
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-11, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Androxine Vortex's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak The Unfaithful View Post
I think it would be kinda boring with no CSM, because most people would just sit down twiddleing their thumbs watching day time TV.

*The emperor is sitting on the golden throne thinking about the good old days, Horus walks in*
Horus: my lord, there are some xenos around. should we attack?
Emperor: are they worth fighting?
Horus: not really they are kinda pathetic.
Emperor: dammit, we need some action around here! what about the Orks?
Horus: killed most of them, can't find the rest.
Emperor: Eldar?
Horus: they died off last week.
Emperor: Necrons?
Horus: pretty much defeated
Emperor: Dark Eldar
Horus: not enough of them.
*emperor sighs*
Emperor: I think I'll just go and give angron another arm-wrestle or something...
Hahahaha that was pretty funny

+MAY THE DARK GODS BLESS YOU WITH MANY TENTACLES+
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-11, 11:35 PM

Brother Emund's Flag is: United Kingdom

NO HERESY... OMG, THAT WOULD MEAN NO HERESY ONLINE... what the hell would I do with my evenings???

"Death occurs when a lethal projectile comes together in time and space with a suitable target, in the absence of appropriate armour or protection”

Check out my 40K 'Epic' about the Hunted verses the Inquisition: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...98#post2184698

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-11, 05:57 AM

Epidemius's Flag is: USA

The Imperium without Heresy? UNTHINKABLE!

I would think that it would continue to expand for a while, but may end up getting too big to manage. it may weaken due to things like attacks by other powerful races, uprisings (chaos or not), and the slight possibility that part of the Imperium might have the slight chance of maybe seceding and fighting with the Imperium...maybe. An example would be the Roman Empire, which eventually fell from being to hard to manage and other things.

"In the embrace of great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death."
-Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode