*SPOILERS* New fluff on the Grey Knights - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 159 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 03:01 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
That will be in the next SM dex.
"Out manned and out gunned by two Ratling Snipers, the Grey knights called upon the might super dooper, mega hard, invincible totally bad ass Ultramarines for help. After the battle the Ultramarines taught the Grey Knights how to be better warriors and said they could take some Ultramarine scouts as mentors to keep them safe in times of need.
The Grey Knights were so pleased they instantly elevated these scouts to the rank of Grand Master for their sheer awesomeness!!!!!"
let us pray matt ward does not read forums and uses this as an idea...oh wait he doesn't, otherwise he would know what a cock he is.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 159 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 03:59 PM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
let us pray matt ward does not read forums and uses this as an idea...oh wait he doesn't, otherwise he would know what a cock he is.
Oooh, Matt Ward hate. Can I join in?

In all seriousness I really do hope this 'spoiler' is wrong. I'm not the biggest fan of the grey knights, but they deserve better than this shit.

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...
post #53 of 159 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 04:45 PM

Wait...so they killed off Mortarion? or does having a name carved into your heart not mean death in the Warp?

post #54 of 159 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 05:00 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosRedCorsairLord View Post
Oooh, Matt Ward hate. Can I join in?
you don't need permission to join, he has done enough bollocks for everyone to share

post #55 of 159 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 07:19 PM
piemelke's Flag is: Belgium

so this grey knight has the chance to crush the hart of a heretic primarch, devour its sould, yet he comes in a poetic mood and doodles a name in the hart, pretty strange,
this being said I do not think this differs much from the sanguinator or the 13th SW,
I have no problem with a very powerfull empirium ally compared to all the super powerfull, uber mighty demons and gods affiliated to chaos, it is now 1000000-4 for chaos
post #56 of 159 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 10:01 PM

*facepalm* Dear lord what is Ward going to do next? Start writing about Black Templars going into a crusade into the EoT, strangling Khorne with his own genitals and doing purple nurples on Slaanesh?!?

My advice to you is to get married, if you have a good wife you'll be happy; if you get a bad one you'll become a philosopher.

In the grim darkness of the future the economy has even hit daemons, The Changeling is working at White Castle and Skarbrand is giving head in the alley next to Fateweaver's.You ever receive fellatio from a rhyming demon? It's a bad scene man.

Sticking your junk into a fang-filled mouth that breathes fire doesn't strike me as particularly smart.
Which is why that option should be available to any willing to take it.

In fact, there should be fang-faced, firebreathing demons on every streetcorner offering to pay 100 dollars to give BJ's. The gene pool would be vastly better off without anyone incapable of thinking it through.
post #57 of 159 (permalink) Old 02-21-11, 12:17 AM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

So, I understand that people are upset by Draigo moving through the warp without damage, but no one has mentioned the curse that M'Kar (this guy gets around doesn't he):

"If you set foot on this world again you shall walk with damnation for 10,000 years."

So M'Kar pulls him into the warp after putting that curse on him during their first meeting. Sounds to me like he's walking around due to the good graces of M'Kar.

As for what he did by himself in the warp, thats a stretch, but how he got there is (somewhat) understandable.

And GrimSkul Slaanesh would LOVE people to show up and give him purple nurples on a regular basis.
post #58 of 159 (permalink) Old 02-21-11, 12:47 AM
Craw-Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engindeer View Post
Am I the only one worrying about the way fluff is developing?
Same. They ruined my favorite codex and destroyed the adversity of it so that kids could get into the game or some shit... Now, so that they don't scare the shit out of the little children, there has to be some good thats just as power as Jesus Christ or else it doesn't sit well with them and their parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
That will be in the next SM dex.
"Out manned and out gunned by two Ratling Snipers, the Grey knights called upon the might super dooper, mega hard, invincible totally bad ass Ultramarines for help. After the battle the Ultramarines taught the Grey Knights how to be better warriors and said they could take some Ultramarine scouts as mentors to keep them safe in times of need.
The Grey Knights were so pleased they instantly elevated these scouts to the rank of Grand Master for their sheer awesomeness!!!!!"
Graham McNeill is good at this. All it takes is the poke from the "shard of Erebus" or some other random ass shit and Chaos shall be defeated.
post #59 of 159 (permalink) Old 02-21-11, 01:11 AM

There are a lot of different 'facts' about the Warp, from a lot of different sources. When ships move through the Warp, they have the Gellar Field or they get torn apart. Right, ok, got it. But an Ork fleet can plunge into the Eye of Terror, disembark, and just start running around wrecking shit. And even though it's this writhing sea of insanity, with colors you can't describe and gibbering monsters and all kinds of other Lovecraftian nastiness, there are still planets there. Planets where gravity is reversed and blood rains from the sky and even MORE nastiness, to be sure, but planets nonetheless. There is STILL order and form in the Warp, despite what everyone says.

When it comes to the Warp, you really gotta throw out all the rules. Isn't that the whole point of Chaos? Maybe that's why Supreme Grandmaster or whoever can walk around without getting messed up. Or maybe it IS the Emperor, protecting a favored soul or something suitably inspirational. Regardless, the idea doesn't bother me that much, and I don't feel like it contradicts that fluff in a significant way.

What DOES horribly contradict the rest of the storyline, is the whole 'carved a name in the heart of a primarch' part. While I suppose it is possible that the greatest Grey Knight of all time, imbued with some kind of special-awesome Will of the Emperor-ness might be able to rival a Primarch, that character would be way too overpowered to be a part of the 40k tabletop game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always operated under the assumption that the Primarchs would be way too overpowered to ever place in the game (even if GW wanted to)

"In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war, an eternity of slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods. I'm telling you man, this is a really shitty time to be alive." -Primarch Stan Wolkowski, Sons of Stan
post #60 of 159 (permalink) Old 02-21-11, 01:15 AM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfStan View Post
What DOES horribly contradict the rest of the storyline, is the whole 'carved a name in the heart of a primarch' part. While I suppose it is possible that the greatest Grey Knight of all time, imbued with some kind of special-awesome Will of the Emperor-ness might be able to rival a Primarch, that character would be way too overpowered to be a part of the 40k tabletop game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always operated under the assumption that the Primarchs would be way too overpowered to ever place in the game (even if GW wanted to)
Again it doesn't say that Draigo took Mortarion down on his own, for all we know he had hundreds of GK with him, it merely states that he carved his predecessor's name into the Daemon Primarch's heart (because Mortarion was his predecessor's killer). We know the corporeal form of a daemon remains in the real space once the daemon itself has been banished, one example being the severed head of Voldorius, so really it's not that ridiculous.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode