War Gear - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-11, 04:27 AM Thread Starter

Default War Gear

So I was sitting back, and I started thinking about some epic fights between the current top dogs, since I love to dream about one day the story progressing somewhere, but then it hit me. I dont know what half the guys fight with.

I thought I knew most or could look it up, but then I saw too many discrepancies, like Guilleman. He has the gauntlets that were passed down to Calgar, but in some of the models he has a big ass sword, and it is said that Sang, uses a sword too, but in the Blood Angels omnibus they have a sacred spear.

If you know of a certain main character, such as an elite chaos champion, a primarch, chapter master, or even some of the various kick ass alien main cast. Post what the weapon they wield is, and since everyone likes pictures, some form of visual image of them with said weapon is always appreciated.

Last edited by CJay; 02-14-11 at 04:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-11, 02:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJay View Post
I thought I knew most or could look it up, but then I saw too many discrepancies, like Guilleman. He has the gauntlets that were passed down to Calgar, but in some of the models he has a big ass sword, and it is said that Sang, uses a sword too, but in the Blood Angels omnibus they have a sacred spear.
Do keep in mind that when it comes to primarchs, a number of them were known to have more than one weapon in their respective arsenals. Its possible that Guilliman wielded the gauntlets at one point, but favoured a blade more.

It can also come down to different writers or artists and what some consider canon vs not canon. Some do not consider the Spear of Telosto wielded by Sanginius to be canon though some, like myself*, believe otherwise. The same can hold true for the Soulspear of Rogal Dorn, a weapon sacrewd to the Soul Drinkers.

*I work under the belief that it is all or nothing, either all of the material produced in black library novels is canon or none of it is. If things are retconned, then so be it, but overall its all or nothing.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-11, 03:02 AM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

The Guilliman 'problem' is easily solved- he didn't acquire the Gauntlets till post-Heresy.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-11, 04:59 AM Thread Starter

Oh that makes sense then. I like him with the sword myself, what was his martial status compared to the others?

Since no one seems to want to participate in the task, I will go first.

Maugan Ra, dudes the Pheonix King for the Dark Reapers. His weapon is kind of well known, but to those that don't know Eldar well, he wields a shuri cannon, not the usual missile launcher of the DR, that has a scythe attachment.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-11, 08:27 AM
Innovative Forge-Lord

Cypher871's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJay View Post
Since no one seems to want to participate in the task, I will go first.

Maugan Ra, dudes the Pheonix King for the Dark Reapers. His weapon is kind of well known, but to those that don't know Eldar well, he wields a shuri cannon, not the usual missile launcher of the DR, that has a scythe attachment.

Ahh, that brings back memories. Eldar were my first ever 40K army way back in 1991 (and responsible for leading me away from Warhammer Fantasy forever ).

Though Maugan Ra didn't appear till the 1994 Codex I believe he was the only other unit in the entire Eldar army to wield a Shuriken Cannon besides the Harlequin Death Jesters and it was called the 'Maugetar'.

I haven't looked at the Eldar in a long while so I couldn't say whether that still holds true.

I actually used Maugan Ra as the basis for a Chaos Sorcerer conversion called 'Rardain', I entered into Golden Demon in 94'.

Didn't do too badly as I recall, though by today's standards it's pretty naf!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode