What Legion's Traits Closely Represent Yours? - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-11-11, 11:41 PM

In weekdays I'm a glorious Iron Hand, doing my duty (Job), paying my tithes (Taxes) and expunging weakness wherever I find it.

But in the weekends I'm a hedonistic Emperor's Children, getting kicks out of doing all things pleasurable, nasty and borderline illegal, that I really shouldn't do.

It's either on or off for me, there's no golden middle road, so I guess my choices are apt enough.

Quote:
But ultimately, that would be what I`m doing now. Pretending I`m happy. I couldn`t live a life like that, I`ve done it for close to a decade now ever since my childhood ended and I am at breaking point.

Truth is, so much in this world just pisses me off in the extreme and I would love nothing more than to watch it burn, to
Man, Serpion5, that's some heavy stuff right there...

Last edited by Engindeer; 02-11-11 at 11:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-12-11, 12:52 AM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

mtfu.......
post #33 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-12-11, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
mtfu.......
Easy for you to say.

@ Serpion5: It must be a horrible to have so much loathing in your body. Start appreciating the things you DO like and just ignore the things that you are so concerned with - That is, if you can't do anything about them anyway. Cheer up!

post #34 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-12-11, 01:27 AM

BlackGuard's Flag is: USA

Alright, I will be serious now. The Night Lords are probably not my most closely aligned of Legions.

Were the Emperor to run this device over me, he would find my in the favor of the Death Guard -- assuming this is Pre-Heresy. The Death Guard fight the foot-slogging fight, a fight of endurance. No matter what happens they will endure and they will continue until their objective is complete.

That is my in a nutshell. My family was never rich, and so I had to work for everything I've ever had. College was never an option so I went into construction. Everyday I endure the long hours and little appreciation so that I can carve out a life for my family. I've always admired the foot-slogging of any army and the ability to push equipment through hell and back and maintain and repair it to keep it in operation order.

I've also never been one for ornamention -- neither was the Death Guard. Simply getting the job done, enduring every challenge, every problem, and continuing. No matter how hard it gets -- I will ultimately endure, I will live on.

The Emperor would give me charge of the Death Guard.

My reponse?

"Can I have Mortarion as a pet?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
The chaos gods abandoned Horus most likely because they saw the can of whoop ass coming their way and wanted out of the way so as not to get fucked up!
post #35 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-12-11, 03:32 AM

If I had to go by pure personality It would be the Thousand Sons. I value knowlege and history. i want to know things and understand them.

If I had to choose however I would pick the Ultramarines. They are one of the most normal of the Legions and I feel I would fit in well. I'm a rather reserved practical person and I admire the Ultramarine mindset.
post #36 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-12-11, 06:55 AM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
mtfu.......
Does this mean something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engindeer View Post
Easy for you to say.

@ Serpion5: It must be a horrible to have so much loathing in your body. Start appreciating the things you DO like and just ignore the things that you are so concerned with - That is, if you can't do anything about them anyway. Cheer up!
I don`t think this is possible. For one, the things that anger me are my home and work life, essentially the two things that I spend the most time involved with.

I can move out, and change carrers (planning already underway for both ) but it won`t change anything. I pretend I`m happy at home and at work, but I do make sure to vent appropriately. I practise martial art kata now and then which is a good release and I like to draw some very ragey hatey things (none of which will make it online) which always makes me feel better.

On top of this, I`ve come to draw strength and focus from anger. I have found that I do my best work when I`m pissed off at something.

For instance, I was stewing in rage when I built this.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #37 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-14-11, 09:45 PM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

Aww, and here I thought I found someone who genuinely shared my dystopian view of human nature, and in their darkest days realized the temporal nature of all human existence including the fictional soul. Also sharing in my distaste for the horrifying trend of humanity to glorify weakness and disease as progress.

Oh well your reasons for feeling of desperation are hate are just as valid, just a tad to restricted to human existence for my tastes.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come
post #38 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-14-11, 11:26 PM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

Iron warriors. I am generally a hard working by the book person, follow the rules and do whats right. Heavily into engineering. Big fan of the concept of bionics.(I would become robocop tomorrow) However as life progresses i find myself becomming more cynical, angry and bitter. Took me a while to figure this out but there it is.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #39 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-15-11, 06:33 AM
Feed

Oh, LukeValantine, truly you and I are alike!

You`ve just described me perfectly except for your last sentence. I don`t like human nature any more than you seem to, but despite my wishes I am human, and I see no point in denying that. Stuff pisses me off, and I accept that. It feels good, and I feel better for it.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #40 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-15-11, 06:47 AM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Hmm, I can be funny, sometimes, I'm stubborn, imaginative and creative, and like finding out new things (Only if they are intresting new things though).

So I guess it's the Thousand Sons for me.

Bane of Kings

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode