Kasrkrin, do they have balls the size of grape fruits? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-11, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Kasrkrin, do they have balls the size of grape fruits?

Are the Kasrkrin the best foot soldiers the ig have to offer? I mean do they have any better then these guys? Because they are like machines in that book with Eisenhorn when they were fighting those demons, o man did they go crazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-11, 08:24 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Kasrkin are the best of the best, trained to the same level as Imperial Stormtroopers- in fact they're the Cadian equivalent.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-11, 09:27 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

They are the elite of a planet thats entire focus is war. A planet sat smack bang in the middle of the most active gateway out of the Eye of Terror. Everyon fights, everyones trained to fight, very well, they spend their lives training to fight and they do it very well. And the amongst this planet of die hard resolute fighters, you have their version of the SAS only better. Yep, they are indeed the definition of kick-ass

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-11, 09:27 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

I believe that Kasrkin may well indeed be the difference between Stormtroopers and Kasrkin, in that the latter are experienced, but have less "training" in the sense that they won't have the constant massive physical fitness that someone perennially training for would have.

Kasrkin will probably have bad habits gained from "well it worked then", and less fitness due to the amount of fighting that being attached to the Guard Regiments gives (i.e difference in codex between Grenadier Veterans and Storm Troopers).

If I'm honest, they're fairly superhuman, but comparatively, the equivalent of perhaps US Army Rangers or Marine Force Recon (British Pathfinders or Brigade Recce Force are our equivalents), while Storm Troopers are the SAS/SBS, SEALs and Delta Force.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-11, 10:07 PM

NiceGuyEddy's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Kasrkin will probably have bad habits gained from "well it worked then", and less fitness due to the amount of fighting that being attached to the Guard Regiments gives (i.e difference in codex between Grenadier Veterans and Storm Troopers).

If I'm honest, they're fairly superhuman, but comparatively, the equivalent of perhaps US Army Rangers or Marine Force Recon (British Pathfinders or Brigade Recce Force are our equivalents), while Storm Troopers are the SAS/SBS, SEALs and Delta Force.
I agree. Cadian Blood portrayed the Kasrkin as well equipped, tough, experienced and well trained in combat though a little inflexible. They don't run or retreat so I definitely wouldn't call them SAS/SEAL material. They are used to plug gaps in defences and spearhead assaults but I wouldn't imagine them doing any infiltrating or too much demolition.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-11, 10:11 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Very well equipped troops used in extremely high risk combat missions. Really, they are just very well trained assault troops.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-11, 10:12 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

I can't see the Kasrkin being less fit. They do nothing but train, they along with Cadians in general are probably amongst the fittest soldiers the guard has to offer. From reading about them in Eisenhorn alone i still think they are easily the equivalent of stormtroopers, they seemed to be even better than the Volpone stormtroopers seen in the Gaunts Ghost series.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-11, 10:17 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

The way I see it all the Regimental Storm Troopers are the equal of Imperial Storm Troopers in the environs in which they are stationed the majority of the time, but none of them can equal the vast breadth of experience of a true Schola Progenium Stormie.

They've been attached to nearly every regiment, in every warzone imaginable- if the Imperial Guard has fought a significant war then at some point the Imperial Storm Troopers will have been involved, no other IG body of men can claim the same veteran status.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-11, 10:30 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
I can't see the Kasrkin being less fit. They do nothing but train, they along with Cadians in general are probably amongst the fittest soldiers the guard has to offer. From reading about them in Eisenhorn alone i still think they are easily the equivalent of stormtroopers, they seemed to be even better than the Volpone stormtroopers seen in the Gaunts Ghost series.
Oh I see where you're coming from, sorry matey. merely meant that considering they're on pretty much constant ops (being in Cadia), they're fitness will be slightly lower thanks to DOMF and Stress, while a Schola Prog trooper will be at pretty much predeployment fitness constantly.

Christ, 6 months in the GAFA is enough to make anyone bone tired in the QRF with "minutes to mount", yet when there's something of that scale against foes like Daemons, the Gribblies in the Nids, and the Orcish Hordes against which there seems to be pretty much constant fighting that even WW2 didn't encompass (fighting seems to be more like WW1).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-11, 10:49 PM

Bayonet's Flag is: United Kingdom

I always saw them more as Paras or Muhreens, as in well trained shock troops.

Probably don't dress up like chicks and consider snogging eachother as a forfeit though so they're nowhere near the level of pure lean Man that your average Bootneck is though. And they more than likely can spell their own name so they have one up on their max-factor pink lid wearing counterparts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode