So....the Emperor wakes up tomorrow and.... - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-07-11, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Diatribe1974's Flag is: USA

So....the Emperor wakes up tomorrow and....

....and outside of a much needed bathroom break, what would honestly happen if the Emperor of Mankind woke up tomorrow? From what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) in the Emperor's time of things, I guess the entire Imperium was essentially an atheistic society, would he "clean house" so to speak to return it to how it once was, or would he go with the flow? What else would be the immediate (and semi-short/medium timeframe) effects would transpire?

I ask this, because well....let's be honest: GW will probably never do anything with the current day time line of events, thus reducing folks like me to saying "Hmmm...what if?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-07-11, 09:35 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

[The Emperor fanboy opens his mouth]

He would cleanse the stars from the filth known as "Xenos", and the Eye of Terror would get fucked up by Imperial Guardsmen, just cause they get that +10 on all morale rolls, while Chaos gets a -10 modifier!

GO EMPEROR, GO!

[The Emperor fanboy leaves]

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-07-11, 09:40 PM

He would destory the Imperial Church.

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-07-11, 09:54 PM
Deathwing Commissar

Phoebus's Flag is: USA

Nah, he'd roll with it.

The whole point of the atheistic Imperial Truth was to prevent humans from fueling Chaos. It's too late now. Rather, he'd go the opposite route... and we'd probably see a hell of a lot of armies with "Sisters of Battle"-style faith-based powers, saints arriving on battlefields, etc.

In all honesty, if the Imperium is so frothing with religious zeal over a corpse that hasn't walked in ten millennia, if the Emperor took to the stars again Humanity would go on a frenzy of epic proportions.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-07-11, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebus View Post
Nah, he'd roll with it.

The whole point of the atheistic Imperial Truth was to prevent humans from fueling Chaos. It's too late now. Rather, he'd go the opposite route... and we'd probably see a hell of a lot of armies with "Sisters of Battle"-style faith-based powers, saints arriving on battlefields, etc.

In all honesty, if the Imperium is so frothing with religious zeal over a corpse that hasn't walked in ten millennia, if the Emperor took to the stars again Humanity would go on a frenzy of epic proportions.

That's what I've been thinking lately as he'd look at things and know that in his "death" he inspired a level of devotion that sustained the Imperium for the next 10,000 years, thus locking him into the status quo.

With the Imperium in such horrible shape (technology wise), would the Emperor be able to to push forward like he once did, or is he (intelligence wise) able to help recreate the Golden Age again, so they'd have the means in which to go at it again?
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-07-11, 10:12 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebus View Post
[Arms every single imperial citizen with huuuuuge chainsaws.] Bring it on...

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-07-11, 10:23 PM
Village Idiot

Kalshinko's Flag is: USA

Well if he did wake up, countless vessels would be lost. Basically the Imperium uses the Emperor as a beacon to travel the warp, no emperor makes for no warp travel. Basically the Imperium would be screwed.

I should change my name to Number 1. Not because I am conceited but because thats what I always roll at inopportune moments.

post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-07-11, 10:23 PM

C'Tan Chimera's Flag is: USA

When the Emperor wakes up...Boy, he is going to be pissed and not because of that seriously needed bathroom break.

Yes, I went there. I apologize.

But no, really. If anything, the Emperor returning would dick the Imperium over just as hard as his 'death' . I can tell you then the only human I'd want to be is one in the Tau Empire, and for reasons more obvious then usual. Sure I might get stomped by some reclamation crusades fueled by his return, but better that then being caught up in whatever "Cloudy With a Chance of Exterminatus" forecast going on in the Imperium worlds.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-07-11, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Tan Chimera View Post
When the Emperor wakes up...Boy, he is going to be pissed and not because of that seriously needed bathroom break.

Yes, I went there. I apologize.

But no, really. If anything, the Emperor returning would dick the Imperium over just as hard as his 'death' . I can tell you then the only human I'd want to be is one in the Tau Empire, and for reasons more obvious then usual. Sure I might get stomped by some reclamation crusades fueled by his return, but better that then being caught up in whatever "Cloudy With a Chance of Exterminatus" forecast going on in the Imperium worlds.
The stories of several new Imperial Crusades (lead by the Emperor of course!) would honestly make the HH look like chump change IMHO. First he'd settle the crap happening in the Eye of Terror, then he'd refocus his attention back out towards the rest of the galaxy. Man, that'd be epic on levels unknown before as I'm sure the man would be a bit pissed.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-07-11, 11:00 PM
Deathwing Commissar

Phoebus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalshinko View Post
Well if he did wake up, countless vessels would be lost. Basically the Imperium uses the Emperor as a beacon to travel the warp, no emperor makes for no warp travel. Basically the Imperium would be screwed.
Warp travel worked fine while the Emperor was up and about.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode