What's next after HH? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-08-11, 09:18 AM

Just publish The Chronicles of Ursh already!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-08-11, 10:00 AM

The whole of the Gothic War, or an even earlier Black Crusade. BL/GW don't need to go into M42; with 10-12000 years of Imperial History basically unexplored, going beyond the 40k 'present' would be something to do just for the sake of doing. Besides, any ideas and themes such a progression might bring up could always be fitted to an earlyer event. The Astronomicon failing? Write up the events of a world on the fringes of the galaxy where the Emperor's light has disappeared. The Emperor dying? Just show us a system, set at almost any point after The Scouring, were such a belief has come to the fore, and the Imperial leadership is struggling to keep order and the leaders are struggling with just what the hell it means for the God-Emperor to be dead.
The past hides many treasures; and even more terrors!

GFP
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-08-11, 11:50 AM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

I just feel its time to do something that doesn't involve the imperium. We know just about all there is to know about the imperium. Tell the story of when the necrons becaame the necrons, like i said before do the fall of the eldar or even explore further into chaos. Tell a story based within the great game on daemons. I just feel there that maybe its time another race took on the limelight instead of marines.

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-09-11, 02:01 AM

Sanguine Rain's Flag is: USA

I strongly agree with TheSpore, and others regarding the need for some more xenos/not-imperium stuff. Not that the stories are bad, quite the opposite in regards to HH, but damn, i would not mind something to do with the necrontyr or fall of the eldar, just for something refreshing.

Life is good, most of the time...
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-09-11, 07:36 AM

MuSigma's Flag is: England

How about the Emperors life story.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-09-11, 12:16 PM

Abomination's Flag is: United Kingdom

I would like to see something on that 'Reign Of Blood' that involved that Vanidvare guy (or whatever his name is). And some books about the xeno's races wouldn't go amiss either.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-09-11, 12:37 PM

Another thing i wanted to point out is Im so tired of marines vs orks it seems like there are too many of these plot lines

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-09-11, 01:40 PM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

There's still so much past to explore, too many stories to be told to ever need to go beyond 40k as a setting.
Just since the HH there is 10,000 years worth of history to cover. 10,000 years!
Think of everything that's gone on in human history on earth in the last 2000 years, how many books could and have been written, forgotten, re written, re imagined etc.
The fall of Rome, the dark ages, the renaissance, the number of civil wars fought all across the world.
The rise and fall of the Vikings, the Saxons, the Normans, the Crusades, the industrial revolution, the rise of communism and facism and democracy.
That's just scratching the surface of 2k yeras of the history of one world, now times the time scale by five and the number of worlds by millions, add in the history and influence of other races and cultures and the proof that Gods in 40K do exist.

Honestly, why would you need to progress beyond 40K?

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-09-11, 02:27 PM

I just wanna see some fresh work not so much moving forward in time just say what was goin on with the tau while the HH was happening or say tell me the story of the legon of the damned through there eyes. I dont think ive ever seen anything written about them besides the basic fluff from the codices

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-09-11, 03:26 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

OOh I'd really like to see the events surrounding Nova Terra and the 'true' Imperium splitting off and creating it's own Empire.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode