Earth in Warhammer40K - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 05:44 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Seriously? Seriously?

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 05:48 PM

Imperial Valor's Flag is: United Kingdom

No way, he scares the crap out of me, at beginners 40k today we were all asking him questions (newbie stuff) and he shouted so loud in rage that I was deaf for at-least 1minute, gets worse, he has this warahammer fantasy metal templaty thingy or something, and when he got annoyed he started waking the table, and very nearly broke my terminator squad :S
post #43 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 05:52 PM

Hooobit's Flag is: England

Fair enough, If i was working in a shop and wassurrounded by people who haden't read the rules i'd be pretty pissed.

Everyone has a purpose, just so happens mine is more of an example to others of what NOT to do.

I know it's time to go to bed when the last post in every thread has been written by me.

Hooobit, nothing more nothing less.
XBL: Hooobit
PSN: Hooobit

post #44 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 05:54 PM

In all fairness the people hadn't really played before....
post #45 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 06:06 PM

StalkerZero's Flag is: USA

Eh. We may not be squashed too badly if the Emperor's finest showed up.

We've already made a Land Raider (check the youtube video) so we can do what a good SM would do and hide in it until it's blown up and then come out weapons a blazing (and we can probably even move/shoot/assault in the same turn unlike them!).
post #46 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 06:17 PM

Hooobit's Flag is: England

You got a link there Stalkerzero?

Everyone has a purpose, just so happens mine is more of an example to others of what NOT to do.

I know it's time to go to bed when the last post in every thread has been written by me.

Hooobit, nothing more nothing less.
XBL: Hooobit
PSN: Hooobit

post #47 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 06:18 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

In all fairness he sounds like a collossal tool, one which probably got bullied whilst he was in school so has now decided to take years of repressed anger and torment out on new gamers. I would simply tell him to fuck off.
post #48 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 06:38 PM

^^Best tip of the year award there.
post #49 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooobit View Post
In all fairness, if it was a case of fighting on the ground only (no orbital stuff) we would win.
Which is why it's unfortunate that the Imperium would be coming from orbit.

Quote:
the Imperial guard wouldn't be to happy when they see that our tanks (Challenger mk.2, Abrams m1a1 and the leopard II for example) can hit their tanks from outside their own range, are less of a target due to their smaller build and have stronger armour.
What do they care? They have more tanks than we have people. And really why are they deploying so far away from us? Drop it on their heads I say.

Quote:
The guard would win battle due to massive numbers, but they would take some pretty damn heavy casualties due to the weapons we use combined with out tactics. And seeings that our planes would easily beat the imperial flyer, we would own the skies, so with the support of planes and helicopters ground battles might actually swing our way.
Again, what do they care? The guard would be willing to blanket this world with their corpses if that was what it would take. They are perfectly willing to take these kinds of casualties. We are not. As soon as casualty reports start reaching civilians (which they will) you can expect massive backlash and a crumbling political will. They can and will sustain damages that we will and can not.

Quote:
As far as space marines go, If a lasgun can has been seen to penetrate a suit of power armour, a normal 5.56mm round might strungle, but any of the bigger calibre ammunition wound probably get through, so 12.7/ .50 cal, 40mm grenades, 20mm & 30mm cannon etc. would probably do the damage. Besides, we have neutron bombs specifically designed to kill the people inside the armour.
Lasguns cannot penetrate power armour. Boltguns cannot penetrate power armour. Nothing shy of a hellgun (that word is better) can penetrate power armour. Guardsmen can occasionally kill marines by hitting them in the joints enough, unfortunately we don't have the numbers to just keep shooting at them while they butcher us.

Quote:
The elite troops we have would be better than the elite troops that the guard have, sostrikes from them would be pretty effective against any groud based targets that the imperials would have, that combined with our arial support, naval capabilities and extreme long range smart weapons their supply routes and command structure wouldn't last to long once it has been located.
Why do you assume our special forces are better? No offense but how many of them have been raised from birth to kill? My money's on not very many. The Imperium breeds psyco-killers and super humans. People living on Catachan, Kreig or Cadia would all be superior (physically) to modern-humans. Thousands of years of selective breeding will do that.

Tactically we may be better but reading some BL stuff (Gaunt's Ghosts in particular) I get the impression that tactics aren't always that simple in 40k. Not to mention the fact that they have more tactical options than us, including another theater of war (orbit) that we can't even enter.

And as far as shooting nukes into orbit goes, good luck with that. We do not have the capability to launch nukes beyond our atmosphere. We do not even have the capability to go to the moon anymore. All the Imperium has to do is sit out there and occasionally shoot at us. Plus, I'm pretty certain that nukes are the standard in ship-to-ship combat in 40k (not certain on this) and so void-shields are perfectly capable of holding off at least a few. And if nukes aren't the standard than that means there less effective, because it means the Imperium rejected them as a weapon.

In conclusion. We'd be pooched. We wouldn't stand a chance.

"Look into my eyes, and see your death."
"Let them hate, so long as they fear."
post #50 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 07:45 PM

shas'o Thraka's Flag is: England

Sadly, the world would be destroyed, because they would see the warring nations and different religions and declare us 'lost' even if some people wanted to embrace Imperial rule.

Click now....and you may join the greater good!

8th Edition Lizardmen:
Wins-Draws-Loses: 4-0-1

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode