Earth in Warhammer40K - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-18-10, 11:16 PM

Hooobit's Flag is: England

Royal family would be in Pegasus along with the PM and Cabinet.

I've only ever seen 1 reference to nuclear weapons in 40k, how would the shields on a imperial cruiser fare against them?

Everyone has a purpose, just so happens mine is more of an example to others of what NOT to do.

I know it's time to go to bed when the last post in every thread has been written by me.

Hooobit, nothing more nothing less.
XBL: Hooobit
PSN: Hooobit

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-18-10, 11:18 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Idk. One? Probably do ok. 10? Guess is that it wouldn't do all that well against them.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
post #23 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 12:34 AM

turel2's Flag is: Great Britain

It would be cool to watch the drop pods fall lol

post #24 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 05:50 AM

Well, there would be resistance at first. We might do pretty well nuking them at he start, but when the SM come down, they'd probably decimate a major country or something. In the worst-case scenario, either we go all up against them and they declare us heretics and spawn of Chaos and Exterminatus us, or just denounce us as heretics straight away and Exterminatus us. Assuming this doesn't happen or they don't Exterminatus us, (they'd probably recognise the galactic coordinates of Holy Terra, and therefore want to preserve it) then any long wars would be doomed to failure. The Imperium has 1,000,000 Space Marines and hundreds of thousands of millions of billions of trillions of Imperial Guard. This wouldn't be a war we'd get out of easily, and the situation here would be like on Cadia in the sense of these two quotes:
"The birthrate and recruitment rate on Cadia are synonymous..."
"Any child on Cadia who can't strip, reassemble and fire a lasgun before he can read was born on the wrong planet."
Even with this, we might end up barely coming out, not just because of the Imperium's far superior numbers but also because of CREEEEEEEEED! (Though it is possible we could match Creed, since modern tactics are far superior to 41st Millennium tactics and our tacticians would be tactical geniuses by 40K standards.) However, most of the IG will be up in their ships for most of the time so a few nukes and missiles into the Imperial Navy could tip the balance in our favour.
Eventually, we would probably still end up losing (damn you Space Marines and your overpowered statlines and special rules!) and we would have to accept the God-Emperor as our rightful saviour and protector before he's even saved us. Life as usual, 40K style, and we both contribute something to the other. The Imperium gives us Warp travel and the opportunity to ply the stars, we give the Imperium better tactics and some scientific innovation. A couple of revolutions will spring up, and I know for a fact that one will end up being quite large and then execute Robin Cruddace and Mat Ward for making IG and SM so amazingly overpowered. Others will probably have someone come in and say they're actually the Emperor, since for all the Imperium knows they could be as this is the distant past and the Emperor is probably among us somewhere. These rebellions would fail whenever they sprung up.
In a few millennia we would get up to the Dark Age of Technology, as our top scientists and the Adeptus Mechanicum finally manage to reverse engineer the weapons and technology of the Imperium and use this knowledge to pioneer the things that were left behind and not yet found in the 41st Millennium. Thus, we enter the Dark Age of Technology and we encounter the races that also exist in 40K. We reign supreme for another few millennia, then become like the Eloi from H.G. Wells' novel The Time Machine, or possibly more like the humans from Wall-E as our great technologies drive us into decadence and laziness. We fail to notice the encroaching threat of the xenos and Chaos, and then we are dealt a great blow. We enter the Age of Strife, and there would have been rebellions going on for all this time. At the end of the Age of Strife, one man is successful in his claims that he is the God-Emperor. By this time, many have forgotten that he existed, and the rest is history.
Thinking realistically, we see no threat in the large armies of 30cm tall metal and plastic miniatures, and after some petitions to the governments of the world by wargamers and hippies, we allow the Imperium to live, and we get one of the High Lords or Tigurius to tell us where they came from and how they got here. We then manage to get all the other armies out of the 40K universe, and after some persuasion (e.g. capturing major gods and leaders and keeping them in underground facilities) we get the armies to submit themselves to the service of wargamers, dividing them out between us. A rewrite of 40K is then put in place, a cloning system based on Dark Eldar technology is developed to make sure miniatures which get slain in your battles can come back, and also so that armies where there are not many warriors to go around can be given out to everyone. And 40K is now a lot more awesome.
If the Imperium is at real scale, and they're accepting diplomacy from us, then after a few weeks, maybe a month or two to give our answer to the Imperium's ultimatum the governments of the world send wargamers who play Imperium armies to go up and send our message and to swear oaths of fealty to the God-Emperor on behalf of the human race. In these few months, every wargamer has wisely switched to an Imperial army and we become the world leaders and generals in a new Golden Age of Humanity. 40K is reinvented as a means to test out tactics for battles and campaigns against xenos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
This is a warhammer forum. Everything is a military operation.

I have spent the last 25 minutes doing reconnaissance on my kitchen for operation: Cup of tea.
post #25 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 01:25 PM

In all fairness, if it was a case of fighting on the ground only (no orbital stuff) we would win. the Imperial guard wouldn't be to happy when they see that our tanks (Challenger mk.2, Abrams m1a1 and the leopard II for example) can hit their tanks from outside their own range, are less of a target due to their smaller build and have stronger armour.

The guard would win battle due to massive numbers, but they would take some pretty damn heavy casualties due to the weapons we use combined with out tactics. And seeings that our planes would easily beat the imperial flyer, we would own the skies, so with the support of planes and helicopters ground battles might actually swing our way.

As far as space marines go, If a lasgun can has been seen to penetrate a suit of power armour, a normal 5.56mm round might strungle, but any of the bigger calibre ammunition wound probably get through, so 12.7/ .50 cal, 40mm grenades, 20mm & 30mm cannon etc. would probably do the damage. Besides, we have neutron bombs specifically designed to kill the people inside the armour.

The elite troops we have would be better than the elite troops that the guard have, sostrikes from them would be pretty effective against any groud based targets that the imperials would have, that combined with our arial support, naval capabilities and extreme long range smart weapons their supply routes and command structure wouldn't last to long once it has been located.

It would be most likely similair to the Halo universe in which mankind can win almost every ground engagement but almost always loses in the space battles.

Everyone has a purpose, just so happens mine is more of an example to others of what NOT to do.

I know it's time to go to bed when the last post in every thread has been written by me.

post #26 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 02:25 PM

BlackGuard's Flag is: USA

Ah, about time I saw one of these.

I'm in complete agreement with Hoobit. Except that when the tides of war turned against us irrevocably -- we'd, the stubborn little bastards we are, would sooner send our world into nuclear holocaust rather than submit to non-democratic government. So the Imperium would win and inherit a radioactive wasteland and the millions upon millions, and thousands upon thousands, of Guard and Space Marine corpses.

On that note -- this is actually my 2012 Conspiracy theory, a long shot I know, but its unique. I do not believe the Imperium will find us -- but rather some other Human Empire with him we lost contact with hundreds of thousands of years ago.

Now ... how that particular exchange goes, it anyways guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
The chaos gods abandoned Horus most likely because they saw the can of whoop ass coming their way and wanted out of the way so as not to get fucked up!
post #27 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 02:39 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Whatever happens, we (the 40k fluff fans) are all fucked, we have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much information the inner working of chaos, xenos and the Imperium in general, including events they would rather us not know or have forgotten ^^

We are all doomed to spend our lives in some Inquisition cell, giving them all our info. Sucks to be us
post #28 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 03:11 PM

Arkeoptrix's Flag is: USA

"You say the Emperor is real? I don't get to be a Servitor do I? No? Cool, sign me up."
post #29 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 03:16 PM

Brother Emund's Flag is: United Kingdom

Space Marines teleport into the bedrooms of every major leader on Earth... the spinless, corrupt tramps immediately capitulate. The world’s armies gear themselves up for a big scrap... see ten Legion's of Titans striding across the battlefield surrounded by 1000,000 IG, 100,000 tanks, the skies full of Imperial battle cruisers... crap pants, lay down weapons. All Hail the God Emperor!

"Death occurs when a lethal projectile comes together in time and space with a suitable target, in the absence of appropriate armour or protection”

Check out my 40K 'Epic' about the Hunted verses the Inquisition: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...98#post2184698

post #30 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 03:37 PM

Space marine teleporters arn't that accurate. #And the world leaders owuld already be in their bunkers.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode