Earth in Warhammer40K - Page 12 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-21-10, 09:14 PM

Imperial Valor's Flag is: United Kingdom

We'd introduce Subway to them and they'd leave us be

Jokes aside though, We'd "Officially" accept the Imperium, however, there obviously would still be the hassle of religion, skitsofrenics going mad about an alien invasion, and most likely rioting on the streets.

The response from the governments would be, look what they have to offer, blah blah blah, greater good. TBH, they'd just be pressured into joining from the threat of rebellion, or annihilation, or both.

If it came to the Imperium saying, "Look, you're kind of tainted, so we'll take the non-tainted civilians along with us, and blow you up." Then all hell would break loose, people would be queuing to be taint checked by Librarians, those who are successful get to go with them. Everyone else doesn't. There'd be riots, looting, everything imaginable, and a strike at the invaders, which would mean they leave quicker.

My other scenario is similar, the Imperium gives the planet the choice of joining. If it says no then all of those who want to go with the Imperium board their ships and go along with the, the planet again goes into riot before being blown up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-21-10, 09:31 PM

Brother Emund's Flag is: United Kingdom

I don't think the Imperium would even bother to give the non-tainted citizens the option to join them. They would just leave them with the others and Annihilate them all from space. However, I think that the people of Earth, after a wee period of defiance, would bow to their new masters and live in relative harmony. There would be some resistance, as there always is. But can you imagine the Taliban being hunted down by the IG, or even worse, totally sense-of-humour-free Astarte’s!

"Death occurs when a lethal projectile comes together in time and space with a suitable target, in the absence of appropriate armour or protection”

Check out my 40K 'Epic' about the Hunted verses the Inquisition: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...98#post2184698

post #113 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-21-10, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Androxine Vortex's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooobit View Post
I think that genetically speaking, we would all be classed as mutant or genetically deffective. A good 38K years of slow evolution and exposure to radiation and new chemicals would have changed them so whilst they may look the same as us, they robably would have those subtle differences in gentic code so that we seem almost mutated from them.

As far as becoming a chaos spawn, IF you were successfull, you wouldn't live very long cos I can't really see the Imperium going "ah well it's only one little chaos spawn, we'll let him go for now.... Run along little guy" Be more like "Shit me!!, blast that bloody thing!!!"
Ah! Why did you make the font blue? I fried my brain trying to read this! All I got out of this was IF

+MAY THE DARK GODS BLESS YOU WITH MANY TENTACLES+

post #114 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-22-10, 04:45 AM

For those that think we'd put up a decent fight, it really all depends on who the Imperium sends. IG sure, we'd probably be able to take out a fair few of them before we are defeated. The problem there is, that's what they're there for. If the Imperium bothers to send a full company of terminators plus all their regular support ie predator tanks, thunderhawks etc. we'd be fucked pretty quickly.

And for those who think that the Orks are a benchmark to compare our own tech with, newsflash, Ork tech is actually superior to Imperial tech in many aspects. Also, they have the psychic waaagh field which gives them a big advantage. Just because they believe it's possible, Orks can increase the speed of their vehicles simply by giving it a new red paint job. Not something to take lighly. In fact, I'd be willing to say that if a fairly decent sized Waaagh landed on Earth that we'd also be wiped out pretty quickly. But that's a debate for another thread.
post #115 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-22-10, 06:03 AM

If we're trying to be honest, all the IN fleet would have to do is choose one, or a couple of cities and blow it off the globe. Allow that to sink in for a bit and then make the ultimatum. If we lost, say, London, Beijing, New York, Moscow and, say, Paris, then who would ever say yes to fighting? There might be a few nutters, but you'd not get a proper military to go into a warzone against such a foe. Even if the government gave the order, you're looking at mass mutinies as the soldiers decide an uncertainfate is better than certain death.

GFP
post #116 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-22-10, 06:41 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Let me give you a basic summery of what would happen.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.

Last edited by gen.ahab; 12-22-10 at 06:43 AM.
post #117 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-22-10, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Fossil Penguin View Post
If we're trying to be honest, all the IN fleet would have to do is choose one, or a couple of cities and blow it off the globe. Allow that to sink in for a bit and then make the ultimatum. If we lost, say, London, Beijing, New York, Moscow and, say, Paris, then who would ever say yes to fighting? There might be a few nutters, but you'd not get a proper military to go into a warzone against such a foe. Even if the government gave the order, you're looking at mass mutinies as the soldiers decide an uncertainfate is better than certain death.

GFP
Not to mention that anyone who'd still be willing to fight after getting a few cities blown up would probably piss themselves if they saw a titan coming at them. Or even just a couple of squads of space marines for that matter.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode