Least liked faction/race - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-18-10, 01:33 PM
Well That Was Unexpected

I'm suprised the Necrons haven't been mentioned.

They seem pretty cool with the whole Eygptian angle, but their fluff is incredibly under-developed.

Also if you are talking of overpowered, drop Space Marines from the conversation and vote for the Necrons. When they wake up, the fluff basically says ... "Your all screwed!". Which is incredibly one dimensional.

I'm also suprised people hate the Eldar, they have for my mind, one of the best pieces of fluff ever written, 'The Fall'.

Basically take a long look at the Dark Eldar, thats what the Eldar had become by the time of The Fall, how awesome is that?

Also 'regular' Eldar may be a little space hippish, but the fact they are f*cked and are still able to run rings around most enemies tells you an awful lot about them and their powers. Also viewing the Imperium as monkeys is awesome, just like:

FRIEZA!!!

So like I said, until their fluff is developed more, for me, it's gotta be Necrons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-18-10, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-A-C View Post
I'm also suprised people hate the Eldar, they have for my mind, one of the best pieces of fluff ever written, 'The Fall'.
Like I said, I hate the Eldar because they are a bunch of arrogant jackasses who see themselves as being better than everyone else, even though they caused one of the biggest fuckups in the history of the galaxy. The Imperium is crumbling because they're getting attacked from all angles. Why did the Eldar empire crumble? Because they got bored.

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-18-10, 03:19 PM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Bits View Post
The Imperium is crumbling because they're getting attacked from all angles. Why did the Eldar empire crumble? Because they got bored.
Personally I think thats awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).

post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-18-10, 03:20 PM

High_Seraph's Flag is: USA

the tau. like comrade said they act all nice and goody but refuse your turned to a pile of plasma mush.

"Loyalty is its own reward."
Lion El'Jonson.
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-18-10, 03:39 PM
Well That Was Unexpected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Bits View Post
Like I said, I hate the Eldar because they are a bunch of arrogant jackasses who see themselves as being better than everyone else, even though they caused one of the biggest fuckups in the history of the galaxy. The Imperium is crumbling because they're getting attacked from all angles. Why did the Eldar empire crumble? Because they got bored.
They have lots of very good reasons to be arrogant, you really shouldn't forget that. They could literally do anything they wanted, when they wanted, even the lowest among them can be a God to other races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
Personally I think thats awesome!
CoTE, I gotta definately agree with you here, I think the Fall is amazing, so what that they fell? All Empires fall, but they went out in style and gave birth to my favourite Chaos Diety in the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Seraph View Post
the tau. like comrade said they act all nice and goody but refuse your turned to a pile of plasma mush.
Sounds alot like the Romans and they were pretty cool guys IMO. Also the Imperium does that with all humans they encounter, so I think that's a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-18-10, 03:48 PM

Arkeoptrix's Flag is: USA

The Eldar. I hate elves. They are elves in space. (Minus the one or two that resemble ninjas)
post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-18-10, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-A-C View Post
They have lots of very good reasons to be arrogant, you really shouldn't forget that.
They also have a lot of reasons to go sit in the corner and shut the fuck up while they ponder what they did. I'm not saying they're not a powerful race. Hell, your average farseer can rip most other individuals a completely new asshole. I'm just saying that they're not as perfect as they make themselves out to be.

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-18-10, 03:51 PM

Definitely either Eldar or Tau; Eldar because I despise pansy elves in general and Tau because of their fluff in general and the fact that they don't even play a large role at all the galactic scene and only survived by luck, heck they only face maybe 1/10 at the most of what most other races have to deal with.

And as Warcraft 3 Garithos says:

"NEVER TRUST AN ELF!"

My advice to you is to get married, if you have a good wife you'll be happy; if you get a bad one you'll become a philosopher.

In the grim darkness of the future the economy has even hit daemons, The Changeling is working at White Castle and Skarbrand is giving head in the alley next to Fateweaver's.You ever receive fellatio from a rhyming demon? It's a bad scene man.

Sticking your junk into a fang-filled mouth that breathes fire doesn't strike me as particularly smart.
Which is why that option should be available to any willing to take it.

In fact, there should be fang-faced, firebreathing demons on every streetcorner offering to pay 100 dollars to give BJ's. The gene pool would be vastly better off without anyone incapable of thinking it through.
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 02:29 AM

Smokes's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus Censura View Post
I'd have to go with the Inquisition, and after reading The First Heretic - ultra-loyalists in general piss me off. Not going to spoil the book for those that haven't read it, but a few things in there really had me siding with Chaos and throwing up the finger at the False Emperor. To state my reasoning a bit more specifically for those of you that have read the book, while ensuring those that haven't don't get royaly pissed: think back to the part of the book in which you find out how the Primarchs were created, and what the Emperor did to piss on Chaos. That whole 10 pages or so really shows the arrogance of the False Emperor, and likewise, the Imperium as a whole
Don't worry we are on our way to your house. You probably won't enjoy the taste of the rosette though. The Tau are the most annoying. Fanboys flock to them and say the Greater Good is all great, powerful and everything. They are essentially the Xenos version of the Ultramarines. They are like the annoying little mosquito that keeps trying to board your nasal cavity like a ship.

"You do not need to look to the stars to find the greatest obstacle this Conclave faces, my brothers. Simply gaze around this room and you will find such a sea of discord as to make your foes cackle with glee." - Inquisitor Eistus Gracker in address to the Calixian Conclave

"There are dark pitted corners of our universe that have bred the most unfathomable horrors and blasphemies that would burn and blind the sanest man. Fortunately sanity has never been a prerequisite of membership in the Holy Ordos." - Inquisitor Silas Marr
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 02:35 AM
Unforgiven

gally912's Flag is: USA

Dark Eldar. By a long shot.

In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future, there is no Common Sense.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode