Favourite Human Horus Heresy/Black Library Character? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-13-10, 05:01 PM

Horus Heresy - Fuck, that's a hard one. Like many people it seems, I liked a lot of the human characters in Legion. Though I gotta say my favourite there is Grammaticus. He's like an uber spy and master manipulator who's been around for ages. Plus, he took out a Lucifer Black unarmed. That's some old school badassery right there. Also, his end, after he realised the large scale effects of his actions, was quite memorable.

Modern - This is a bit of a random one but I'd probably go with Toros Revoke from Ravenor Returned. That guy took kicking ass to a whole new level. Fighting the Brass Thief in melee was quite epic, seeing as pretty much nearly everyone else who went toe-to-toe with it ended up sliced to ribbons. Not to mention he would have taken Ravenor in that psychic duel if Nayl hadn't interfered. An interesting character, he should have been featured more in my opinion.

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-14-10, 07:03 PM

MuSigma's Flag is: England

Favourite normal human charactor from HH series, none spring to mind.

From 40k, Eisenhorn - Reason although not an enhanced human being he always manages to handle what is thrown at him, usually at great cost. Seems to have the right mind set to take on the monsters both human, alien and supernatural, and that comes across more than the need for super physical abilities - the mind set. Possibility the only hardline Inquisitor who doesnt come across as an unbalanced bigotted megolomaniac.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-14-10, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuSigma View Post
Favourite normal human charactor from HH series, none spring to mind.
Seriously?

Of course, your entitled to your own opinion, but out of curiousity which novels have you read in the series so far?

As I find it hard to believe that none of them particularly appealed to you.

To everyone else, reading some of these responses has made me rememeber just how badass Grammaticus was lol.

So my top three would have to be :

1. Cyrene

2. The Thousand Sons trio (but only as a trio as I thought they worked well together)

3 Grammaticus

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-14-10, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-A-C View Post
Seriously?

Of course, your entitled to your own opinion, but out of curiousity which novels have you read in the series so far?

As I find it hard to believe that none of them particularly appealed to you.
I have read them all except Prospero Burns, very few ordinary humans have been massively impressive.

The young tech priestess in Mechanicus who became the new guardian of the Dragon, the Agent in Legion, the assassins in Nemesis were good charactors, yes the three remembrancers in a 1000 sons.

None have actually struck me in any way as exceptional though. I suppose its because very few have had the opportunity to lead the plot as it were.

The young cousins in the two Caliban based books were good - but both became Astartes.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-14-10, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuSigma View Post
I have read them all except Prospero Burns, very few ordinary humans have been massively impressive.

The young tech priestess in Mechanicus who became the new guardian of the Dragon, the Agent in Legion, the assassins in Nemesis were good charactors, yes the three remembrancers in a 1000 sons.

None have actually struck me in any way as exceptional though. I suppose its because very few have had the opportunity to lead the plot as it were.

The young cousins in the two Caliban based books were good - but both became Astartes.
So does that mean your an astartes only kind of guy?

I'm really suprised none of them stood out for you much.

What about my favourite, Cyrene from The First Heretic? Check out my OP about why I think she is great lol.

But like I said, each to their own lol. If you didn't particularly find any memorable thats fine with me.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-14-10, 08:11 PM

[QUOTE=D-A-C;817747]What about my favourite, Cyrene from The First Heretic? Check out my OP about why I think she is great lol.
QUOTE]

Cyrene was a good charactor, an important witness of the desecration of her planet, just to make a point, a needless evil act.

I am not just an astartes guy, its just difficult for a human charactor to take the plot by the scruff of the neck or to make a big difference.

I know he is not a "normal" human, but how about Erestede Kell, of clade vindicare a cold calculating marksman with a sense of pride in his work or perhaps Iota, Protiphage of clade colexus, she said very little but had a good sense of humour, but finally I also like the garantine of clade eversor also a great sense of humour. Favourite quote "I killed a Space Marine, and I'm still here."
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-14-10, 10:34 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

The Garantines best quote was when they were talking about the party that was being held where they were recruiting the callidus from "Must have lost my invite"
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-10, 06:29 PM

shas'o Thraka's Flag is: England

Probably Gregor Eisenhorn, the way that he believed in the imperium even when they turned against him was, in my mind, awesome

Although Guardsman Hawke is pretty awesome as well.

Click now....and you may join the greater good!

8th Edition Lizardmen:
Wins-Draws-Loses: 4-0-1

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode