Chaos wins? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-23-10, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
Making Vidya Games

ThatOtherGuy's Flag is: USA

Default Chaos wins?

The title may be misleading, but what do you think will happen if chaos/chaos gods/forces of chaos conquers the galaxy? Would it be completely crazy? Would it eventually be destroyed? Or would everyone just accept chaos and start resuming their normals lives? Please discuss.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-23-10, 10:26 AM

I think there would be a bunch of small empires...some might be allies with others,but over all no change.

Last edited by locustgate; 11-23-10 at 10:37 AM.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-23-10, 10:55 AM

DeathsShadow's Flag is: Australia

the worship of the gods would still continue and so even though they would all be aligned with chaos the would still kill each other in the case of khorne, still spread disease for nurgle. slannesh worshippers would probably fulfill individual pleasure why tzeench followers would fight others while planning to staab the back of their allies

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-23-10, 11:05 AM

stooge92's Flag is: Australia

i tend to think the wars would turn 'civil', where chaos is (as it sometimes is) an umbrella term that is used to describe alot of factions and warbands out for themselves. i think the desire for more power would drive them against oneanother for personal gain--- and then who would you call the good guys? its an interesting situation, because one element may arise in that 'chaos' is no longer the primary aim of those traitor-chapters, perhaps, but i think such a long time of fighting-backstabbing-murder-death-kill would drive them to some sort of civil war on a large scale---- plus theres all the bugs and metallic zombies to worry about aswell..
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-23-10, 08:31 PM

DestroyerHive's Flag is: Canada

Everyone will get so confused with all the religious crap and join the Greater Good. Now we got Space Marines with Pulse Rifles.

If someone lacks intelligence, than he is not stupid, because one cannot be stupid without intelligence.

If someone reverts to having to complain about your grammar, then you already won.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-23-10, 08:45 PM

Chaos wins?

No. Chaos loses. All the time. Still awaiting Abaddons 14th Black Attempt. It doesn't take a sanctioned psyker to see how that's going to play out...

I support Exterminatus.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-23-10, 09:31 PM

Davidicus 40k's Flag is: USA

Tzeentch will outwit all of his opponents using horrible plans/scams like the villains on Scooby Doo; however, because 40k doesn't have a Mystery, Inc., the Raven God will never be foiled. One day, Khorne will end up adding his own skull to his Throne via a "shaving accident," Nurgle will choke on his own bile or be crushed by his enormous girth when he trips down the stairs, and Slaanesh will keel over from an orgasm lasting several millennia. Thus, if I followed Chaos, I'd pick Tzeentch. He's the clear winner in the end. Welcome to the Universe under Chaos rule; it's all one big mindfuck.

"Consequence of Mercy" - Written for KingOfCheese
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-24-10, 12:53 AM

BlackGuard's Flag is: USA

When the Emperor dies -- the Imperium will never even know. To my understanding humanity travelled the stars tens of thousands of years prior to the Emperor ascending to power. They might have had FTL drives to achieve this, but considering even the Eldar's capabilities in this are limited, and the Tau have yet to achieve sizeable and quick means of transportation -- I highly doubt Pre-Imperial Humanity achieved it.

Ignoring that the Imperium used the warp during the Great Crusade, and obviously the Emperor is not omnipotent and therefore the Astronomican cannot be his "divine will" made manifest.

In all actuality, when the Emperor dies, assuming the portal to the warp is somehow kept closed than the Astronomican will continue to be lit, fueled by the will of ten-thousand psykers. The High Lords will continue to issue edicts in the Emperor's name and humanity will continue to worship him.

Now the High Lords will be utterly shocked that the Emperor is, in fact, not a god as they believed -- but that won't stop them from using faith in him to continue to rule.

This is all assuming my understanding of the lore is correct, since there are several conflicting stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
The chaos gods abandoned Horus most likely because they saw the can of whoop ass coming their way and wanted out of the way so as not to get fucked up!
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-24-10, 01:06 AM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGuard View Post
They might have had FTL drives to achieve this -- I highly doubt Pre-Imperial Humanity achieved it.
Humanity used warp drives and utilised warp travel prior to the Emperor's rise to power in the Unification Period.

Quote:
but considering even the Eldar's capabilities in this are limited
I would hardly call the Webway 'limited' - especially in it's pre-fall state and in comparison to warp travel.

Quote:
and the Tau have yet to achieve sizeable and quick means of transportation
That is more to do with their innate inability to grasp the warp and lack of individuals who are capable of navigating through it's depths.

Quote:
the Astronomican cannot be his "divine will" made manifest.
It is the Emperor's will (divine or not) that allows the Astronomican to work. Without the Emperor it's just a bunch of psykers generating a psychic imprint, he is the one who guides it across the warp enabling it to be used as a navigational beacon.

Quote:
assuming the portal to the warp is somehow kept closed
That's one massive assumption. And one that is quite frankly false. The Emperor is the one keeping the Terran Webway gate sealed.

Quote:
than the Astronomican will continue to be lit, fueled by the will of ten-thousand psykers.
The Astronomican without the Emperor is worthless.

Quote:
Now the High Lords will be utterly shocked that the Emperor is, in fact, not a god as they believed -- but that won't stop them from using faith in him to continue to rule.
How about the lore mentioned in Codex: Chaos Daemons and Codex: Imperialis that without the Emperor the galaxy gets consumed by the Realm of Chaos A.K.A. The Warp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).

Last edited by Child-of-the-Emperor; 11-24-10 at 12:18 PM.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-24-10, 01:18 AM
Craw-Daddy

The title almost mislead me. But there are two ways I see it. Firstly, if Chaos "won" over the Imperium, I think that Chaos would most likely be kept at bay with the remaining races of the galaxy. For example, the ork empire, necrons and the C'tan, the eldar, tau, and the unstoppable tide of the Tyranids invading the galaxy. This is why I think chaos wouldn't really "consume" itself.

Conquering the Imperium is just a dream, but even beyond achieving this I think even they know there wouldn't be time to screw around and destroy each other.

This leads me to my second point which is quite simple. I really don't think either the Imperium of Mankind or the Corrupted parts of mankind have the power of conquering the galaxy. Even with the powers of chaos I think they could only hope to even the odds.

Last edited by ckcrawford; 11-24-10 at 01:32 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode