Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Technology

3K views 37 replies 26 participants last post by  Col. Schafer 
#1 ·
Who's more advanced technologically, eldar or tau? Not in terms of game rules or anything but in fluff.

#32 ·
I absolutely agree with Angel here... the Eldar are terrible racists (I say this as someone who plays Eldar), and the Tau are unbelievably smug & patronising.

There are [/i]no[/i] good guys in 40k, IMHO. Orks are the closest in my opinion, because they're neither evil not hypocrites, after that it's probably 'nids and Necrons, who are just doing what they do. Oh, and the Dark Eldar, who, though evil, are at least honest about it.

Not high flyers in the "good guys" list usually, any of them, but, frankly... 40k is a moral cesspool. Really. They're only "good" in comaprison to decadence of the Eldar, humans and chaos, and the presumption of the Tau.

:feeling sullied cyclops:

#35 ·
in the old tau codex has some nice words about the tau from eldrad

and how are the eldar racist they are surrouned by people who just want to kill them

and every one in 40k is arggroant

#36 ·
...and how are the eldar racist they are surrouned by people who just want to kill them...
The eldar are racist because they believe their 'race' is better than any other 'race', just like any other racist does.

The odd sensible Eldar (Elda?) like Ulthan the Perverse doesn't change the general thrust of Eldar society. Nor does the fact that their neighbours want to kill them. At least part of the reason their neighbours want to kill them is that they are horrible racists. Just like the Humans in 40k.

The Tau and the Orks aren't racists though, Orks will kill anyone, and Tau will assimilate anyone. Racial heirarchy theories aren't necessary for either of these cultures... in the case of Orks, I use the term "cultures" rather loosely!

:social studies cyclops:

#37 · (Edited)
Eldar aren't really racist. They just say things like "Inferior Humans!", because they're scared that the "mon-keigh" might come along and kick their asses. This way they 1) put this thought out of they're heads and 2)try to intimidate the "mon-keigh", which ultimately doesn't work. They have forseen the days when the Tau own half the Galaxy, the Tyranids are warring with them, the Orks have all ganged up, and ultimately the humans and Eldar and Necrons are being (to qoute from Star Wars) "hunted down and defeated!".

P.S. Ultramarines have had enough insults! Start mocking other armies!

#38 ·
Let’s look at it like this- The Tau can hover and have perfect mobility. The Eldar can hover and have perfect mobility and can teleport (web way portals (If DOW applies))

On the other hand the Eldar had longer to work on it.

Oh, and the Tau are racist, their just willing to allow "inferior races" to jump on the bandwagon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.