Corrupted Legion= The Underdogs? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-11-10, 05:38 AM Thread Starter
Craw-Daddy

Default Corrupted Legions= The Underdogs?

Certainly not the Luna Wolves, but when looking at the other legions, it seems that in many ways the Corrupted legions where "limited" or had flaws of their own in form of tactic or genes or even something more.

I go down the list and it seems that their primarchs were stubborn in their ways or less concerned about the growth of the crusade. Magnus and Fulgrim's legions both suffered tratedgies to their gene stock than most legions for example. Angron was in it just for murder. Mortarion enjoyed demonstrating how tough his legion was by limiting his weapon choice and sending them like a tide. Perturabo decided his legion was better off garrisoning and baby sitting planets. Alpharius seemed to be more concerned with how his tactful battles were fought. Logar was more concerned about developing his worlds to the Imperial Faith. And Konrad Curze used fear and ways that were frowned upon to the Imperium.

I have breached upon a touchy subject, but I am interested in people's thoughts over what they think about the corrupted legions to legions like the Ultramarines, Dark Angels, and Imperial Fists. Where these legions searching for a way to show their legions were superior by joining Horus? Are they truly underdog legions compared to the loyal legions pre-heresy? Or do you think that these legions were just as accomplished as the loyal legions?

The reason why I ask, is because I've always wondered if there was anyway the Chaos Gods could have indeed corrupted the loyalist legions in a alternative universe.

I was hoping to avoid a debate over the Lion being a fence-sitter (as it has been argued in many threads), but somehow I have the feeling that sooner or later it will come up. I think it comes down to whether or not it was either the worlds and upbringings of the primarchs that seeded this ability to corrupt or something else entirely... something deep.

Last edited by ckcrawford; 11-11-10 at 05:49 AM. Reason: "legions" not legion singular

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode