star trek in the 40K universe - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-11-10, 06:03 PM

1 IM capital ship can destroy a planet... I doubt Troy(the psyker chick) is going to die if they get borded by the IM. They don't care if what she looks like she's a psyker.

Your giving Trek to much credit.

Last edited by locustgate; 11-11-10 at 06:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-11-10, 06:22 PM
Must keep painting....

squeek's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Emund View Post
Kirk could probably be used, but he needs lots of augmentics, if he wants to stand on the bridge and give orders.... and he has to lose that spray-on uniform, its very gay.
Sulu would be slotted... he looks xenos, kill him. Scottie just ain't Mechanicus... slot him too. Czeckov(?).. xenos.... slot him. Spock, possible Eldar.... torture for a long time, then slot. Bones... useful, we'll keep him. Uhura (?) long-legged black lady... not sure of origins so torture for a little bit and then... slot.
Rest of the crew... penal colony.
Are you serious? Being Asian, Russian or Black doesn't make you 'xenos'. The Imperium isn't racist there are whole chapters representing different ethnic backgrounds. There's no need for it.

I'd agree with Waffles actually, mixing stories from two completely different sci-fi universes is never going to work. The Star Trek races would not be the way they are if they lived in the 40k universe. In the same way having the Star Trek show trying to shoe horn berserkers and nids in just wouldn't work. The crew are hardly going to beam down to a world of frothing monsters each week.

Last edited by squeek; 11-11-10 at 10:17 PM.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-11-10, 09:43 PM

Master_Marius's Flag is: Europe

In Star Trek they also have Q. A kind of being that can modify everything like a god.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-11-10, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek View Post
Are you serious? Being Asian, Russian or Black doesn't make you 'xenos'. The Imperium isn't racist there are whole chapters representing different ethnic backgrounds. There's no need for it.

I'd agree with Waffles actually, mixing stories from two completely different sci-fi universes is never going to work. The Star Trek races would not be the way they are if they lived in the 40k universe. In the same way having the Star Trek show trying to shoe horn berserkers and nids in just wouldn't work. The crew are hardly going to beam down to a world of frothing monsters each week.
agree with you on that there is no real need for it, being a gay woman myself i suppose i might get hung drawn and quartered but i would like to think that the 41m has its own problems then petty rascism or the like. i can see the fact the two universes wouldn't work really but it might be a giggle in some way shape or form
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-12-10, 03:07 PM

The Star Trek ships have an edge in range and speed (not to mention being able to FTL without going through hell) and would probably be able to outrun/outmaneuver most, if not all, imperial ships. However, their ground combat abilities are sorely lacking; one could easily picture a single squad of space marines working through the entire crew of the Enterprise without any serious difficulty. So for the ST side to emerge victorious would rely on them adopting an extremely paranoid and conservative attitude, relying on long range stand-off combat tactics and hit-and-run raids. However, the 40k ships are noted for being extremely resilient; there's only so much damage that can be done to them at long range with ST:TNG weaponry.

I think the real problem is that the crews of the various ST ships do not have sufficiently developed paranoia; entire series of episodes begin with essentially the following dialog:

"Captain, we've found an unidentified object. Its huge!"

"Well, lets get close, drop shields, and scan it careful like."

"Sir, something's happening...."

<CUE PROTAGONIST OF THE WEEK COMPROMISING SHIP VIA PROXIMITY>

The first time a Trek ship makes that error against a ship with a space marine contingent is the last one.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-12-10, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWLlosa View Post
The first time a Trek ship makes that error against a ship with a space marine contingent is the last one.
I think even any 40k force they drop their shields to they would be dead....not counting the Tau
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-12-10, 06:49 PM

Brother Emund's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek View Post
WOOOOH, I'LL STOP YOU THERE RIGHT NOW! Do NOT tar me with that racist crap. It was a light-hearted reply to a hypothetical topic, which you did not obviously see. As for the Imperium NOT being racist... it exterminates entire races who are not human. Don't even go there....

Just to let you know... I actually got a warning from the Moderators because of this stating I used racist language... and if you only knew what I do for a living, you would know that there is not a racist or any-ist bone in my body. Cheers anyway

Quote:
gothik: agree with you on that there is no real need for it, being a gay woman myself i suppose i might get hung drawn and quartered but i would like to think that the 41m has its own problems then petty rascism or the like. i can see the fact the two universes wouldn't work really but it might be a giggle in some way shape or form
As my previous...

"Death occurs when a lethal projectile comes together in time and space with a suitable target, in the absence of appropriate armour or protection”

Check out my 40K 'Epic' about the Hunted verses the Inquisition: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...98#post2184698

Last edited by Brother Emund; 11-12-10 at 06:51 PM.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-12-10, 07:08 PM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

For starters, we don't know what you do for a living and you shouldn't have assumed we even care. Whatever you meant by what you posted it came across as racist and offensive. I'm sorry if I am lacking in some gene that allows me to read sarcasm.
Your comments were not funny, even casual racism is offensive.
What you said isn't backed up in fluff terms, at all. The xenophobia of the Empire is based non human species, Eldar, Orks, Tau etc. many of which would quite happily destroy humanity in a heartbeat.
Racism based on ethnicity or skin colour doesn't even come into it.

What may be a light hearted reply in your opinion is offensive and racist in the view of others. The easiest way to avoid getting in trouble is to leave the racism behind and to post something intelligent.

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-12-10, 07:16 PM

Brother Emund's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
For starters, we don't know what you do for a living and you shouldn't have assumed we even care. Whatever you meant by what you posted it came across as racist and offensive. I'm sorry if I am lacking in some gene that allows me to read sarcasm.
Your comments were not funny, even casual racism is offensive.
What you said isn't backed up in fluff terms, at all. The xenophobia of the Empire is based non human species, Eldar, Orks, Tau etc. many of which would quite happily destroy humanity in a heartbeat.
Racism based on ethnicity or skin colour doesn't even come into it.

What may be a light hearted reply in your opinion is offensive and racist in the view of others. The easiest way to avoid getting in trouble is to leave the racism behind and to post something intelligent.
I stand suitably admonished… apologies to anyone who might have taken offence by my comments. They were not supposed to be taken that way.

"Death occurs when a lethal projectile comes together in time and space with a suitable target, in the absence of appropriate armour or protection”

Check out my 40K 'Epic' about the Hunted verses the Inquisition: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...98#post2184698

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-12-10, 07:52 PM

Arkeoptrix's Flag is: USA

The Star Trek crew would be attacked immediately by anyone they came across and faced with superior numbers, would try to escape via warp speed only to find themselves in warp space without a Gellar field and would basically end up like the ship in Event Horizon.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode