Black Library Guest Apperances - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-09-10, 06:59 AM Thread Starter

Default Black Library Guest Apperances

So my question is, what group of characters would you like to see come together in one black library novel?

You see it all the time in Comics and popular TV shows under 1 creator. A super popular character of one story is teamed up with another very popular character from another story, best examples are the heroes from the DC/Marvel universes.

Me, I actually think it would be cool to see Uriel Ventris with Ibram Gaunt. It just so happens they are both from my 2 favorite series and my 2 favorite writers, but I think having the likes of Uriel and Gaunt together would be cool, since they both kind of fit into that role of rebel who does what he feels is best for his men.

Also I think Gaunt and Shrike from the Raven Guard would be tight. I just finished reading Hunt for Voldorious or however you spell it, and I think it be kind of cool to see the Ghosts suddenly collaborate with the best scouts the Imperium has to offer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-09-10, 08:35 AM

cain and black templars

For courage can sometimes make a virtue of inexperience. I myself have commanded Imperial Guard troops whose probitor units have achieved great things, because they were too inexperienced to realise that their goal was impossible.

De Natura Belli, Book XIV
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-09-10, 09:32 AM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJay View Post
Me, I actually think it would be cool to see Uriel Ventris with Ibram Gaunt. It just so happens they are both from my 2 favorite series and my 2 favorite writers, but I think having the likes of Uriel and Gaunt together would be cool, since they both kind of fit into that role of rebel who does what he feels is best for his men.

Also I think Gaunt and Shrike from the Raven Guard would be tight. I just finished reading Hunt for Voldorious or however you spell it, and I think it be kind of cool to see the Ghosts suddenly collaborate with the best scouts the Imperium has to offer.
Gaunt is from a different time period than Uriel or Shrike- Gaunt's Ghosts is set about 250 years prior to the current time line (and Eisenhorn/Ravenor is set about 200-250 years before Gaunt).

I'd love to see some inter-chapter collaberation, like in Helsreach but with characters we actually know- Space Wolves and Ultramarines would be pretty awesome, the ultimate rebels alongside the very definition of Astartes soldier.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-09-10, 01:50 PM

NiceGuyEddy's Flag is: Ireland

Malus Darkblade and Ciaphas Cain. Hey its Black Library and I wanna see it.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 12:56 PM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman-russ View Post
cain and black templars
now that would be amusing in itself. Or Cain and Gaunt but i think i'd like to see Yarrick and Rafen the commisar hero of Armagedon and the sargent of the Blood Angels who has mephistons guidence i think would be cool
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 01:46 PM
Deathwing Commissar

Phoebus's Flag is: USA

Ciaphas Cain and the Black Templars in a team-up?

Brilliant! This literally needs to be written!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 01:53 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothik View Post
Or Cain and Gaunt
Cain and Gaunt would be essence
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

damn, totally destroyed my awesome vision there....Would Uriel and Rafen be an OK combination? Rafen was another character I have read that I enjoyed, even though I only read the first 3 Blood Angel books.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode