What was Horus plan if the Eisenstein did not escape. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-10, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Default What was Horus plan if the Eisenstein did not escape.

Something has recently occured to me after reading The First Heretic and a passage in Galaxy in Flames. If the Eisenstein never escaped to carry word of Horus treachery to the Emperor was did Horus plan to do? Because in Galaxy In Flames after he learns of the Esiensteins escape he emphasises how critical the Istvaan V phase is, which of course does prove to be the case as it near destroys three loyalist Legions. The Word Bearers aswell also know that around the time Istvaan III is happening they will soon get a call for them to support other loyalists at Istvaan V where the betrayal will happen.

But if the Eisenstein never escaped Istvaan then how would the Imperium know that Horus had betrayed the Emperor and send a host of Legions to confront him on Istvaan V. If he always planned Istvaan V to play out how it did then what was the problem of the Esienstein carrying the warning away. The loyalists would have known something had happened at Istvaan III because of the phycic death scream that apparently was so bad it blocked out the astronomican, but without the Eisensteins message they could have taken alot more time to gather forces to be sent to aprehend him, the other Legions could be given more time to regroup and prepare themselves and be better placed if an attack happened. And the Iron Hands wouldn't have been able to arrive in full force instead of rushing so much.

I dunno, it just seems that if anything the Eisensteins warning helped the Istvaan V phase go even better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-10, 12:27 PM

I suspect the loyalists would have found out eventually anyway (or Horus could have sent an "I'm rebelling" card to Terra). The trap should have still worked as the 4 reinforcing tartor legions neednt have tipped their hand. In addition I would have thought Horus would have preferred it if the bulk of the Iron Hands arrived, as you would expect them to still be destroyed (albeit at higher cost). As much of the legion survived you would have expected them to have done something during the Heresy, better that they were destroyed at Istavan I would have thought.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-10, 12:28 PM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Perhaps Horus didn't want to rush things, perhaps he wanted to establish himself more in the Isstvan system prior to the loyalist Legions arriving. After all it took him seven years to build up to the Siege of Terra, he doesn't do things half-arsed. Perhaps he was similarly trying to pull strings and garner loyalities prior to Isstvan V.

It's a good question.

As for the Iron Hands and Ferrus Manus. Well they still knew about the upcoming rebellion from Fulgrim, so they still would have rushed headlong with their veteran companies to challenge Horus, I don't think it would have made much of a difference if the Eisenstein had or hadn't escaped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-10, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yllib Enaz View Post
Horus could have sent an "I'm rebelling" card to Terra
Hahaha... like one of those Hallmark cards:

You abandoned us for your experiments which made us all quite sad.
So, as far as fathers go, you're a pretty shitty dad.
Now half your sons hate you or at least like me the most,
cause they've joined me in rebellion and now the Imperium is toast.

ps. fuck you
Regards,
Horus

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.

Last edited by Chompy Bits; 11-05-10 at 12:54 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-10, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Bits View Post
Hahaha... like one of those Hallmark cards:

You abandoned us for your experiments which made us all quite sad.
So, as far as fathers go, you're a pretty shitty dad.
Now half your sons hate you or at least like me the most,
cause they've joined me in rebellion and now the Imperium is toast.

ps. fuck you
Regards,
Horus
Hahahahaha excellent, have some rep, although it seems i have to spread some more rep around first before i can rep you
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-10, 01:27 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Hahahahaha excellent, have some rep, although it seems i have to spread some more rep around first before i can rep you
I'll rep him for you it's worth it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode