Favorite Pre-Heresy Traitor Legions - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 10:01 PM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androxine Vortex View Post
Didn't he go crazy and attack the Imperial Fists? I could be way off, I know nothing about them lol.
In Dark King, Curze awoke from one of his terrible visions to find himself standing over the shattered body of Rogal Dorn. Curze had unconsciously got the drop on the Imperial Fists' Primarch. He was then apprehended by the Imperial Fists and Emperor's Children, and when he chose to - escaped by butchering several elites of both Legions, then escaped into exile, but not before he destroyed his own homeworld. The Emperor then sanctioned the assassination of Curze, countless assassins tailed him throughout his exile, but he evaded them all. And all of this prior to the Heresy.

I would really advise reading Soul Hunter, it's a fantastic novel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
In Dark King, Curze awoke from one of his terrible visions to find himself standing over the shattered body of Rogal Dorn. Curze had unconsciously got the drop on the Imperial Fists' Primarch. He was then apprehended by the Imperial Fists and Emperor's Children, and when he chose to - escaped by butchering several elites of both Legions, then escaped into exile, but not before he destroyed his own homeworld. The Emperor then sanctioned the assassination of Curze, countless assassins tailed him throughout his exile, but he evaded them all. And all of this prior to the Heresy.

I would really advise reading Soul Hunter, it's a fantastic novel.
You missed out the slightly troublesome being sent to Istvan V as part of the force to put down Horus (whilst still presumably believed to be loyal) afterescaping into exile. Doesnt make much sense in my view, hopefully it will be explained at somepoint.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 10:12 PM
Bane of Empires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yllib Enaz View Post
You missed out the slightly troublesome being sent to Istvan V as part of the force to put down Horus (whilst still presumably believed to be loyal) afterescaping into exile. Doesnt make much sense in my view, hopefully it will be explained at somepoint.
No, he went into exile (and was a renegade) prior to Isstvan V. But for some reason (preumably due to the general confusion and lack of clear communication) was still ordered into the vanguard of Legions sent to challenge Horus on Isstvan V.

After Isstvan V he established himself on Tsagualsa as per Horus' orders.

Quote:
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
No, he went into exile (and was a renegade) prior to Isstvan V. But for some reason (preumably due to the general confusion and lack of clear communication) was still ordered into the vanguard of Legions sent to challenge Horus on Isstvan V.

After Isstvan V he established himself on Tsagualsa as per Horus' orders.
Its particularly odd as The dark King has him being persued away from Nostromo by Rogal Dorn, who is on or about Terra when the Istvan V attack is ordered. You think he would have mentioned it to someone. Incidentally is there anything to indicate how long before Istvan V Nostromo gets smushed?
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 10:25 PM
Bane of Empires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yllib Enaz View Post
Its particularly odd as The dark King has him being persued away from Nostromo by Rogal Dorn, who is on or about Terra when the Istvan V attack is ordered. You think he would have mentioned it to someone. Incidentally is there anything to indicate how long before Istvan V Nostromo gets smushed?
Presumably the events of Dark King occured before Dorn was ordered to return his Legion to Terra to act as the Emperor's praetorians. There is no clear indicator of how much time elapsed between the destruction of Nostramo and Isstvan V, but I can't imagine it was too long.

Quote:
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 10:41 PM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

Alpha legion. After reading legion they cemented themselves as being my favorite. If they are allowed to do it their way I think there are few legions who could counter their methods. However fluff for the alpha legion in the 41st milenium is a bit odd. We don't know where they stand but they are all for chaos it appears.(Siege of vraks etc.)
Night lords. After reading Lord of the night i have a liking for them too, but more in Zho Shaal's vision of the legion rather than the way it turned out. And in the older fluff Dorn had is ass handed to him by Night haunter. And as i understood it was without his weapons with dorn in his armor. Admittedly i have not read the dark king.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 10:51 PM
Bane of Empires

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaantitus View Post
Night lords. After reading Lord of the night i have a liking for them too, but more in Zho Shaal's vision of the legion rather than the way it turned out.
Have you read Soul Hunter? There are still many VIII Legion Astartes that resist the call of Chaos.

Quote:
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 10:52 PM

Uilleam's Flag is: Canada

World Eaters and Thousand Sons. The World Eaters were the ultimate shock force. They did all the bloody work no one wanted/could do. People say that the Blood Angels were just as fierce but I must disagree. They didn't get their Black Rage, and possibly the Red Thirst, until AFTER Sanguinius died. They were bolter boys with some combat finess before that.

The Thousand Sons were undeniably THE most powerful Legion bar none. Their basic troopers psyker abilities coupled with their weapons and armour made them far more deadly than any other Marine. If mutation hadn't started to run wild within their Legion they would have crushed the Wolves. Especially if Magnus had chosen to act before the Wolves were on Prospero and use the orbital defenses and his abilities.

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

Androxine Vortex's Flag is: USA

Ok I will give Soul Hunter a try.

And I don't know how many times I've had to explain this but I didn not like Legion. I quit after a few chapters. I didn't like how the storyline ws lain out. Nothing was explained, no backgground, nothing to give me reference to...
It seemed like the first 50 pages of the book were torn out and I had to start in the middle of the story. I will eventually give it a try later on though.

And no one seems to like Battle For the Abyss (which I thought was incredible) but my favorite character was Mhotep. The whole time it was explaining how he was put in an isolation cell and guarded when he could have easily escaped and killed them all with minimal effort. But he chose not to.

Like I said, TS = awesomeness

+MAY THE DARK GODS BLESS YOU WITH MANY TENTACLES+
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-05-10, 12:05 AM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Will always be Imperial Fists for me, they are the epitome of what a Space Marine should be, stalwart and selfless, they are what what the ultramarines try to be, they also have personality.

Last edited by Words_of_Truth; 11-05-10 at 12:28 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode