Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Analysis on Alpharius - Alpha Legion

3K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  Captain Stillios 
#1 ·
I believe alpharius and omegron do not exist, in that there was never a twins primarch. I do believe "alpharius" is the code name, the faux name the 20th primarch took up when finding horus. However I do believe he fabricated the story of having a twin to shroud himself in mystery, protection. I believe he was a single primarch, not a twin, and he purposefuly down played his power to have others underestimate him. On top of this I do believe perhaps he had the power of illusions, in that he was never actually seen, what his brother primarchs saw was just what he wanted them to see, a marine of his acting as him.

Now you ask wouldn't magnus or the emperor see that marine is different in warp energy then a primarch? Well I believe alpharius psyker abilities had to do with perception, reality manipulation or illusions. Thus he would take choice marines and shroud them in a faux guise to appear as him in every way, including warp signature, thus explaining why he was seen as the shortest primarch (tall space marine size).

I also believe alpharius set up the story of him being killed so he could operate more safely. As well as had the story of having his twin alive to still retain power in the legion and furher shroud himself in confusion.

#2 · (Edited)
#4 ·
Lets not forget that even if Alpharius could shroud another and trick primarchs, his powers would be nowhere near as potent as those of the Emperor or Magnus.

So even if he could trick most of his brothers, Magnus and the Emperor would be able to rather easily banish the illusion.

Though as ckcrawford, in order for any of what your putting forward to be true you will need to somehow bypass or invalidate what is official canon fluff.

Also, isn't it Omegon, not Omegron?

#6 ·
As for magnus/emperor being able to see through his illusions, that is uncertain. Magnus in all his psyker might was shown thatin combat against russ his powers were nulled, turned against him. Now this due to primarchs being innately extremely resistant to warp energy, or russ's innate psyker powers are along the lines of being a extremely powerful black pariah like psyker, no one can truly say. However it stands to reason that alpharius could trick magnus, particularly if magnus in all his hubristic arrogance perceived alpharius as being psykerless and thus not worthy of his detailed attention.

Now the emperor may have know alpharius tricks, but would he had said anything? Maybe it served a purpose to allow alpharius to carry on his guises and masks.

As for the official interview, I take those with a grain of salt in that fluff officially stated has been retconned later on by different writers, sources simply under the reasoning of "newly revealed information not prior known".

#9 ·
interesting idea, magnus is possible to fool but Emperor no so much

it is possible but i like twin idea more i don't know i like idea of dual leadership like two opposites working in union

#10 ·
Well, this one is slightly more plausible than... certain other theories, but I still don`t think it`s very likely.

Even if Alpharius was some kind of illusionist I doubt he could have fooled Magnus or the Emperor, and even if they went along with the ploy for whatever reason, what about the Cabal?

A council of alien races that were very powerful, including an eldar farseer, specifically asked for "The whole Primarch" and insisted on speaking with both of the twins.

You take Dan Abnett`s words with a Grain of Salt? You do realise that the Black Library is fully sanctioned by GW, so there word is essentially canon, right?

But hey, I`m peddling a theory on a fifth c`tan, so who knows, eh? :scratchhead:

#12 ·
I think he was pretending to have a fictional secret twin which he kept a bit secret but not too secret whilst having an actual secret twin which he kept totally secret.

In fact that's not my opinion, that's is absolute FACT. It's totally in the books, but I'm not going to do the work for you, read them yourselves.

Aramoro

#13 · (Edited)
You're all wrong. Alpharius never existed. Omegon just called himself Alpharius and claimed to have a twin brother whos name was Omegon coz' he thought it was a stupid name and didn't want to keep it for himself. In actual fact, he had a twin named Stinky Lulu but was far too embarrassed to ever mention him (Stinky Lulu had terrible BO and stuttered) and thus that became the real secret he kept and is still keeping. The guise of Alpharius and Omegon was just a cover to turn attention away from the real truth.

#15 ·
i can't honestly see Dan Abnett going against the grain and inventing a twin if the powers that be at GW/BL didn't want it. I doubt he would have fooled Magnus or the Emperor with illusionary tricks.
the question is...different i suppose but i think i am going with the canon on this one.

#26 ·
To late he already started agin in the 'The Sangiunor' thread, where he was curb stomped. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.