The Sanguinor - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-10, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Unknown Primarch's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default The Sanguinor

i was just reading a review on bloodline and whould like to see what you guys think the sanguinor is or who it is.

my personal idea is that it is sanguinius himself or more along the lines of a wraithlord type construct that contains the soul of the angel.

we see many pictures of the primarchs with waystone type items on their armour and id like to think with the emperors experience with psychic stuff he was able to maybe have abit of knowledge as to the use of such items.
maybe he feared some could be slain in battle or knew who would be slain in the HH so had those items placed on the armour of some primarchs and later constructed the nessecary bodies for the waystones to be put to use and reading into the actions of the sanguinor then its possible that the course of the heresy had to go on without interruption for the emperors plan to succeed. maybe the emperor trusted a few beings with certain tasks to complete so to guide the events of the heresy has he wanted and sanguinius's death was a key task. so sanguinius knew he was gonna die but if his soul could be saved in a waystone then he could always be avaliable when he was needed most by the chapters of his bloodline.

there is questions as to the events of the short story in tales of heresy called 'the voice' were the heresy could have been stopped but it wasnt and everytime someone gets the knowledge of what horus is gonna do it never seems to gets passed on to the emperor without something going wrong.
i personally cant see how a being like the emperor couldnt have seen the events of the heresy when all sorts of beings who are alot weaker than Him have knowledge of whats gonna happen long before it does and this for me always falls into the catergory that the emperor knew and he had a plan that needed to be followed at all cost.

for me having sanguinius avaliable for the end times would be invaluable and by creating a wraithlord type construct for him to use would be the best way to have him on the side of good.

what do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 10:06 AM

Quozzo's Flag is: United Kingdom

This is assuming the Emperor had waystones placed on the Primarchs armour and assuming he knew who was going to die in the heresey and assuming he could contruct something that could contain the spirits of the Primarchs?

If he knew which Primarchs were going to die, then why not tell them, or stop it. If he could reincarnate the spirit of a Primarch why not reincarnate himself?

I think the Sanguinor is just red thirst incarnate

Chapter Library | Chapter Name Creator

Phoenix Angels

Your unique, just like everyone else.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 10:16 AM

I like to think it's Azkaellon suffering from quite the opposite of the Black Rage, but rather the psychic backlash of the Grace of Sanguineous. He is in essence the polar opposite of the Death Company.

Did anyone else think the Sergeant on the Terrorclaw was Dante then?

Aramoro

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 10:17 AM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

To me the Blood Angels Codex pretty much sets it up as the last suviving member of the Sanguinary Guard Azkaellon is Sanguinor, certainly an idea I'd buy into more than the idea that the gems on some Primarchs armour are actually Eldar-esque Waystones.

The Emperor was blinded to the shifting paths of the future, the Chaos Gods may not have been able to manifest in real space but they could certainly block the Emperor's foresight.
Other than Magnus and Alpharius/Omegon who amongst the Imperials knew of Horus' corruption before it was revealed at Istvaan III?
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 10:53 AM

Quozzo's Flag is: United Kingdom

@ Aramoro
Dante being the sergeant is pretty vague but fairly obvious, if that makes sense

"A few amongst the Chapter Council argue that he is the coalescion of the Primarch's nobler side. the part that kept Sanguinius' darkness In check, and that was lost to the Blood Angels upon his death"

It would seem that Azkaellon wouldn't be immune to psychic blast effects

"The Inquisition in particular worry that the Sanguinor is some form of psychic construct, and that his existence proves the Blood Angels to be just as flawed spiritually as they are physically."

To me that sounds like not a being, but a force made manifest which helps them at their direst need, and when does the black rage come? Thats right, in their direst moment.

Chapter Library | Chapter Name Creator

Phoenix Angels

Your unique, just like everyone else.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Unknown Primarch's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Spikey View Post
To me the Blood Angels Codex pretty much sets it up as the last suviving member of the Sanguinary Guard Azkaellon is Sanguinor, certainly an idea I'd buy into more than the idea that the gems on some Primarchs armour are actually Eldar-esque Waystones.

The Emperor was blinded to the shifting paths of the future, the Chaos Gods may not have been able to manifest in real space but they could certainly block the Emperor's foresight.
Other than Magnus and Alpharius/Omegon who amongst the Imperials knew of Horus' corruption before it was revealed at Istvaan III?
who said he was definatly blinded to the shifting patterns of the future when he seems to know that mankind is on a very narrow path to extinction. i think he would probably be more blinded to the fact that horus would betray him of all primarchs than any other thing. maybe he knew some would turn and hazard a guess as to which ones seeing as he was quite cold towards some primarch and quite fatherly to some.

i was under the impression curze knew what was gonna happen and when he was having some fit the emperor was able to sooth his pain so i cant see why the emperor wouldnt be able to read curze's thought and gain knowledge of what was to come.
plus there was that girl in 'the voice' who tried to send a message from the future of things yet to pass but that sister killed her and how it was written see seemed to have a idea of what the meaning of the message was.

now as to the actions of the sanguinor in bloodline by also stopping a message being sent back from the future we have another instant were yet more imperials are trying to get word to the emperor and are yet again stopped by a imperial.

now for me why is it that this message ,time and again, is being prevented from going through to the emperor and by loyal forces at that. and also when magnus and the emperor commune with each other when he breaks through the webway gate surely the emperor would be able to gleen the deeds of horus from him too.

for me there is too many instances when the emperor could be informed and he is not and it gets me thinking he has a plan that has a slim chance of working to combat chaos and needs things to run his way. yes there will be sacrifices but they are worth it in the bigger picture.
but if he has seeded certain ways for him to have his generals for the final battle then their sacrifice would not be in vain.

hell a wraithlord type body for the most noble of all primarchs and a necrodermis head for ferrus and you got those players back in the game.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 08:56 PM
Lux

Ferrus is on arguably on mars, waiting....perhaps they repaired his wounds with the void dragon's necrodermis technology.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 09:08 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
Ferrus is on arguably on mars, waiting....perhaps they repaired his wounds with the void dragon's necrodermis technology.
No, he's not. No more crackpot theories from you. He had his head chopped off. He's dead.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 09:12 PM

Captain Stillios's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
Ferrus died on Isstavan, decapitation, Fulgrim presented Horus with his head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
chill out?...CHILL OUT!!!!!!!, THIS IS WARHAMMER, THERE IS NO TIME FOR "CHILLING OUT", WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS IS?, SOME KIND OF GAME?, THIS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xNoPityx View Post
The downside to a medium that allows the unlimited exchange of ideas, some people have some really stupid ideas.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 09:51 PM
Lux

As some sources lead to indirectly, the head presented to horus was a faux visage.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode