The Sanguinor - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-05-10, 08:55 AM

i also like idea with gemstone,

or may be is one of lost primarchs

For courage can sometimes make a virtue of inexperience. I myself have commanded Imperial Guard troops whose probitor units have achieved great things, because they were too inexperienced to realise that their goal was impossible.

De Natura Belli, Book XIV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-05-10, 09:38 AM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Could it be Captain Tycho?
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-05-10, 09:47 AM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemelke View Post
GW does not have the balls to bring a loyalist Primarch back nor in a direct or indirect way, still I think the idea with the gem stones was great
if gw wanted to bring back a primarch, loyalist or otherwise i think they would, its not a question of wether or not they have the balls to do so. IMHO they just do not believe it is condusive to the needs of thier universe at the moment.
its better to let the likes of us speculate and wish and all that then actually say yeah here he is its the angel in a new body
however it is an interesting theroy the waystone one, personally i think it was just armour decoration but its a theroy never the less. i know the blood angels sanguinus books were good, i did enjoy them and the fact they played on the wish of the angels to see thier father resurected and how it brought about about a civil war within the chapter and almost brought the blood angels to thier knees.
as for sanguinus resurected i don't think he is but i do think that maybe rafen has slightly more of sanguinus in him then his brothers at least deus sanguinus and deus encarmine lead me to believe that.

post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-05-10, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothik View Post
as for sanguinus resurected i don't think he is but i do think that maybe rafen has slightly more of sanguinus in him then his brothers at least deus sanguinus and deus encarmine lead me to believe that.

Wasn't there a kind of spiritual manifestation of Sanguinius to Rafen at the one stage when he was hiding from the Blood Angels loyal to Arkio and praying for guidance to that little Emperor statue. I haven't read those books in a while so my memory is a bit hazy and I don't have my copy of the omnibus on hand coz' that other prick who has my orks codex also still has that as well. Anyway, what would that be? The actual spirit of Sanguinius manifesting from the warp to answer the call of one of his loyal sons? the Sanguinor? or somehing else, like Rafen simply hallucinating because of early black rage symptoms?

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-05-10, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
Could it be Captain Tycho?
Nah Psycho Tycho dies fairly recently and the Sanginor has been around for at least 1200 years, probably more as Dante remembers him.

Aramoro
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-05-10, 10:37 AM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Bits View Post
Wasn't there a kind of spiritual manifestation of Sanguinius to Rafen at the one stage when he was hiding from the Blood Angels loyal to Arkio and praying for guidance to that little Emperor statue. I haven't read those books in a while so my memory is a bit hazy and I don't have my copy of the omnibus on hand coz' that other prick who has my orks codex also still has that as well. Anyway, what would that be? The actual spirit of Sanguinius manifesting from the warp to answer the call of one of his loyal sons? the Sanguinor? or somehing else, like Rafen simply hallucinating because of early black rage symptoms?
i was wondering that myself chompy and it could be any of the above,whether it was sangs spirit or some other mystical vision remains to be seen but is it me or is Mephiston taking a great deal of interest in sargeant Rafen, more then anyone else thats for certain, and he did wield the spear....hmmm
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-05-10, 01:41 PM
piemelke's Flag is: Belgium

to gothik,
GW can bring the primarchs back for sure but doing that can be opening a box of Pandora,
I honestly do think they do not have the guts (wisdom) to do it, that being said I do not think the current setting needs extra primarchs to make it more interesting. For example the mess the BA are in described in the last codex promises a tantalizing read.
I was wondering if other successor chapters of the BA are helped by the sanguinator or just the BA, that micht shed some light on the case, I assule a primarch would help all his children no?
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-05-10, 02:24 PM

The fluff on The Sanguinor is so dodgy.

"The blood angel strikeforce were struggling and then...errm, this angel thing shows up and...kills everything. Blood angels win."

That pretty much sums up the repetitive role the Sanguinor plays historically.

Personally, I think it was just an excuse to get someones ridiculous idea into the codex.

However, I do believe it's given way to both Pre-heresy Angron and the BA primarch (whos name I can't remember...how embarressing :/) in terms of gameplay.
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-06-10, 11:28 AM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

he is probably a blood angel equivalent of one of the legion of the damned. shows up, rescues and kicks major ass, then leaves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-06-10, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Unknown Primarch's Flag is: United Kingdom

or the loyal spirit of the red angel?!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode