The 'emperors' activites during the age of tech - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-02-10, 05:09 AM Thread Starter

The 'emperors' activites during the age of tech

I've wondered if, considering that humanity was rapidly expanding across the galaxy during the AoT and seeing as old empy was around during those days. Did he always remain on earth, wouldnt he have moved around the high tech colonies across the galaxy, and if so, what made him return to earth just before the age of strife?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-02-10, 05:46 AM
Feed

I don`t think this info is given out anywhere.

My guess is, with his foresight, he probably would have stayed at least within the confines of the sol system.

I doubt he would have wanted to let the Void Dragon be unattended for too long.

Other than that, I imagine there would have been a lot of meticulous planning and subtle machinations going on...

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 12:57 AM
We fly for the Emperor!

ThunderHawk's Flag is: Indonesia

I think he visits other segmentum only a few times, but mostly he stays at his palace to coordinate things and stuffs.

Coordinating Imperium of Man is not an easy job, I think.

Army Lists :
Need Advice : 2000 pts GK Army List

Old Army List : 2000 pts GK Army List
Old Army List : 2000 pts SM Vulkan List

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 04:28 AM
hailene's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderHawk View Post
I think he visits other segmentum only a few times, but mostly he stays at his palace to coordinate things and stuffs.

Coordinating Imperium of Man is not an easy job, I think.
There was no Imperium of Man at the time.

In fact, during the DAoT, I don't believe there was a unified human government.

Now I'm curious what the Emperor would do during the DAoT. You'd think that'd be the best time to forge an Empire. Or did he foresee Slaany getting born and decided to take a rain check on it?

Knowing that you'd think he'd keep a few dozen STC machines hidden across the solar system. Or at least scattered across the galaxy is some isolated places. A rogue planet or something.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 06:45 AM

Darkoan's Flag is: Australia

I would suggest he would be gathering all manner of technology to advance his 'super-children' project. You dont just rely on your conservative local Terran scientist for tips on creating Primarchs.

I would suggest the Emperor could sense the Age of Strife coming - caused by the Eldar and the eventual creation of Slaneesh, Im sure he could feel a little consternation in the warp. Yknow, like trillions of eldar dying from murder and hedonism. Remember that the downfall of the eldar was a progressive thing which likely resulted in an increasingly temperamental Warp.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailene View Post
Knowing that you'd think he'd keep a few dozen STC machines hidden across the solar system. Or at least scattered across the galaxy is some isolated places. A rogue planet or something.
Why not keep them on Terra, where he can personally see to their safety? There are plenty of things locked in the Emperor's vaults and private chambers gathering 10,000 years of dust that nobody will touch in M41 because it would be considered heresy to do so. Who knows what manner of technological marvels, including STCs, could be hidden there?

It's also rather unfortunate that the Emperor apparently didn't bother to leave any instructions on how the Throne works or how to repair it, nor (it appears) did he leave any information on any other technology he was working on. It was all abandoned post-Heresy and never restarted. For a far-seeing guy not ensuring that his work continued seems short-sighted. "Hey Dorn, old buddy, before you put me on the throne and never talk to me again here's the password to my computer. All my project notes are there, make sure the good works continue".
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
Why not keep them on Terra, where he can personally see to their safety? There are plenty of things locked in the Emperor's vaults and private chambers gathering 10,000 years of dust that nobody will touch in M41 because it would be considered heresy to do so. Who knows what manner of technological marvels, including STCs, could be hidden there?
This is before the emp had a palace and probably vault, might of had a emperor cave. What ever he didn't have place as safe as the palace, would of been kind suspicious there being a fortified building that no one was allowed into..... Unless...OMG THE EMP IS HOUSE(New Vegas).

Last edited by locustgate; 11-04-10 at 12:16 PM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 12:26 PM

Azezel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
It's also rather unfortunate that the Emperor apparently didn't bother to leave any instructions on how the Throne works or how to repair it, nor (it appears) did he leave any information on any other technology he was working on. It was all abandoned post-Heresy and never restarted. For a far-seeing guy not ensuring that his work continued seems short-sighted. "Hey Dorn, old buddy, before you put me on the throne and never talk to me again here's the password to my computer. All my project notes are there, make sure the good works continue".
There might be huge volumes of notes on how the Golden Throne works as an entrance to the webway. the Throne was never intended to be a life support machine and by the time it needed to become one, the Big E was hardly in a position to write an instruction manual for it.

That said, there's an equally good chance that he never bothered to compile instructions for lesser men. He was immortal and fully expected to always be around to explain how his gadgets work.

As for keeping an STC locked in the basement...

When you backup your hard drive, do you back it up to DVD, or just a folder on the same drive?

The STCs were scattered across the whole galaxy - that's the perfect backup. It failed, I grant, but the chances of every world in the galaxy loosing, destroying or breaking their STCs were astronomically small. Having one more in Terra wouldn't have helped, since there must have boon others on Terra that were also lost.

Looking for a friendly wargaming club on the Isle of Wight? Drop me a line.

Sisters of Battle - The Order of Glory Undimmed - 2'500 Points | High Elves - House Cyredeth - 2'500 Points | Bretonnians - The Muster of Sir Jules Estelle - 3'000 Points

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode