Primarchs hair colour, Magnus lost eye and other contradictions. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Default Primarchs hair colour, Magnus lost eye and other contradictions.

Is there no unified bank of info that the BL authors can go to that categorically states information on the Primarchs for use in writing the HH. I ask because reading The First Heretic (no spoilers in the thread) I'm seeing more again, to name a few:

Lion El'Jonsons hair colour, what's it meant to be, i've now seen it decribed as blonde and black. Sanguinius is the same aswell.

But the one i'm most confused about is Magnus lost eye and when he lost it. I'm certain that in the older fluff he was a cyclops from birth, having only ever had the one eye. However in Thousand Sons it suggests he lost it later on in life in his efforts to cure his legions. Also im fairly certain in his first decription in the book it mentions that where his eye should have been was simply skin and that it looked as if it had always been like that. Yet in other decriptions it specifically mentions having a scar tissue over where it should be.

Theres quite a few other ones knocking about which have been discussed already, Tarvitz being First Captain for instance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
But the one i'm most confused about is Magnus lost eye and when he lost it. I'm certain that in the older fluff he was a cyclops from birth, having only ever had the one eye. However in Thousand Sons it suggests he lost it later on in life in his efforts to cure his legions. Also im fairly certain in his first decription in the book it mentions that where his eye should have been was simply skin and that it looked as if it had always been like that. Yet in other decriptions it specifically mentions having a scar tissue over where it should be.
The Magnus eye thing has changed so many times that I've given up on trying to keep track. The worst one I heard was some guy who insisted that Magnus was actually a triclops, with a third eye in the centre of his forehead like a navigator. Personally, I'm just going with what's most recent which is the one eye missing with a smooth surface where it would have been. Well, till BL changes it again.

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.

Last edited by Chompy Bits; 11-01-10 at 04:47 PM.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 05:51 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think The Lion was described as having blonde hair in Descent of Angels, not sure, Sangy is definitely blonde and so is Rogal Dorn.

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 06:15 PM

Professor Pumpkin's Flag is: England

Maybe he has two hair colours. What's so absurd about the great defender's of the Imperium having two hair colours?

Story I'm Currently Writing:

The Diary of a Guardsman (Continuous Story)
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Pumpkin View Post
Maybe he has two hair colours. What's so absurd about the great defender's of the Imperium having two hair colours?
Other than how ridiculous it would probably look? I mean, this isn't some nutcase hair metal rocker from 80s we're talking about here. Or worse, after an intense battle he might end up looking like Beetlejuice.

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 07:23 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

I was under the impression dorn had white hair.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 07:25 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yeah Dorn has white hair, or at least so far in the HH books he has.

I'm going to wait for the HH novel by James Swallow regarding the ambush of the Blood Angels in the Signus Cluster for a definitive decision on what colour Sanguinius' hair was- if he says it's blonde then fine, black? Also fine.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Sangunius in almost all artwork has been depicted with blonde hair, and lets be honest he should be, it just fits the Angel look that much more, hell the Blood Angels are typified by their blonde hair from him, yet in the HH books he's described as having black hair.

The Lion has been described as blonde in Fallen Angels, but black haired in The First Heretic, and i forget what he had in Descent of Angels. And on the note of two hair colours, it just doesn't seem likely really, don't know why, Primarchs just dont strike me as the kind of individuals(save Fulgrim perhaps) who would dye their hair a different colour
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 07:33 PM

cragnes417's Flag is: USA

I mostly believe lion's a blond since that might be a typo or something.what bothers me the most is possibly what color hair russ has becouse i looked at some of his picture's and they describe him having red while in the prospero burns picture describe's him blond which one's right?

Last edited by cragnes417; 11-01-10 at 07:45 PM.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 07:34 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Isn't Russ shown to have both red and blonde hair?

Sneaky little git.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode