Primarchs hair colour, Magnus lost eye and other contradictions. - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 07:39 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

ah ok, I really have a poor memory lol

I always thought Lion El had Black hair and I seem to remember being surprised when it said he was blonde but who knows. I don't really get Dorn tho I seem to remember it saying in the Dark King that he was tanned but didn't he come from a snowy place? Vulkan is definitely black after what was said in The First Heretic. I think Konrad Curze is pale with black hair but I don't know anything about the other Primarchs, I always thought Russ was brown or Ginger.

Last edited by Words_of_Truth; 11-01-10 at 07:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
Isn't Russ shown to have both red and blonde hair?

Sneaky little git.
Maybe he passed out in some Fenrisian ale and it stained some of his hair. Now, either he's too lazy to wash it or he just likes the smell.

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 07:50 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Sangunius in almost all artwork has been depicted with blonde hair, and lets be honest he should be, it just fits the Angel look that much more, hell the Blood Angels are typified by their blonde hair from him, yet in the HH books he's described as having black hair.

The Lion has been described as blonde in Fallen Angels, but black haired in The First Heretic, and i forget what he had in Descent of Angels. And on the note of two hair colours, it just doesn't seem likely really, don't know why, Primarchs just dont strike me as the kind of individuals(save Fulgrim perhaps) who would dye their hair a different colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by cragnes417 View Post
I mostly believe lion's a blond since that might be a typo or something.what bothers me the most is possibly what color hair russ has becouse i looked at some of his picture's and they describe him having red while in the prospero burns picture describe's him blond which one's right?
The only art I've seen of the Lion shows him with blonde hair.

Commander Dante has black hair and he's pretty much the most famous Blood Angel, I actually prefer the idea of Sanguinus having black hair- maybe show that he's not entirely angelic, he does have his dark, blood lusting side after all (like Antonio Banderas' character in Interview with a Vampire).

post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 08:16 PM

Bloody Mary's Flag is: Poland

I actually like the idea of some Primarchs using hair dye. Why should they have the same associations with dying ones hair as we do?

post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 08:21 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Why would they even care?
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 09:35 PM

Curiosity?

post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 09:41 PM

As Bloody Mary suggests, hair dye isn't out of the question. We know that a number of the Primarchs use make-up and skin dyes to enhance their appearance. These could be Imerial fashions (and many bosses like to keep abreast of fashions to some extent, to show how 'current' they are), cultural hangovers from the worlds on which the Primarch grew up, or just simple vanity (especially for Fulgrim, even more especially after the business on the Laeren homeworld). For one of these chaps to change his hair colour, well, I wouldn't be at all surprised by this. I certainly wouldn't let it spoil my appreciation of the story.
Besides, there is the suggestion that the Primarchs, much like their father, can change how they look (sometimes they appear like giants, other times they are just a bit bigger then Astartes). It wouldn't surprise me at all if there was a corollary to this and that the mood of the viewer affected how they saw the Primarch, so anger and fear would let you see a fierce and scary Primarch; peace and awe would show a gentler, softer Primarch who probably fits more with what your conception of beauty is. Although I could just be typing put of my arse...

GFP
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 09:43 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Maybe sang or Fulgrim, but Russ wouldn't even consider it, Dorn would think it was impractical, and I don't even think Jonson would understand the question.
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Maybe sang or Fulgrim, but Russ wouldn't even consider it, Dorn would think it was impractical, and I don't even think Jonson would understand the question.
I don't agree. You're assuming they'd all see it as something related purely to aesthetics, which does not have to be the case. Also, Russ would die hie hair if somebody challenged him to do it.

post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 10:15 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Mary View Post
I don't agree. You're assuming they'd all see it as something related purely to aesthetics, which does not have to be the case. Also, Russ would die hie hair if somebody challenged him to do it.
Russ tries to be seen as a savage, as has been pointed out before, anything cosmetic that could enhance that would be seized on and utilised.
Similar reasoning for the Lion, he was ultimately a pragmatist, if he saw advantage in it then he'd do it.

Sangunius was obviously one for appreciating the aesthetic- he had silver wire and pearls threaded through his wings for goodness sakes, I can't imagine him not using cosmetics of some sort.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode