Horus Versus Corax - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

View Poll Results: Who will be more victorious?
Horus 11 50.00%
Corax 6 27.27%
Draw 5 22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-30-10, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Lux

Default Horus Versus Corax

Scenario 1. Legion vs legion in a galaxy wide war utilizing all aspects, such as resources, supply lines, forge planets, human soldier recruits.

Scenario 2. Legion vs legion in a planet wide war

Scenario 3. 10 elite solders of lunar wolves vs 10 elite soldiers of ravenguard in an arena setting, each team starts on opposite sides of the colloseum.

Scenario 4. Horus Versus Corax in one on one combat to the death. Each primarch gets their custom wargear of preference, as well as being able to utilize all their powers, skills, and abilitties to the best of their potential.

Note - characters are fighting for the kill/win to the best of their abilities, but still retain their unique personality traits which give them their strengths, tactics, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-30-10, 06:02 PM

Ferrus Manus's Flag is: Ukraine

1. Lunar Wolves undoubtedly, they are much more organized and powerful, they would crush the raven guard in a galaxy wide war

2. i would say it to be a close one, but i would have to chose the Lunar Wolves for their greater amount of number as well as resources and firepower

3. Raven guard, becuase they are more skilled in combat as well as being more agile and faster

4. as i voted, i think it would be a draw
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-30-10, 06:31 PM
Craw-Daddy

1. Luna Wolves. Almost goes without saying
2. Luna Wolves
3. Luna Wolves
4. Horus. In Raven Flight Corax admits that Horus is better.

I think that like many legions that weren't as successful as Horus, Dorn, Lion, and Guilliman, they were to one dimensional in their styles of fighting. And though they still crushed their foes it was a slower process.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-30-10, 06:55 PM

OrdoMalleus's Flag is: United Kingdom

1. Raven Guard as the raven guard speacalise in sabotage and secrecy, the lunar wolves would not have the resources to fight, let alone who/Where theyre fighting.

2. A Close one. The Lunar Wolves can muster and bring more rescources and firepower to bear, however the longer the fight becomes drawn out, the weaker and weaker the Lunar Wolves would become as they are constantly harrassed and sabbotaged without the chance to confront their enemies.

3. Lunar Wolves. Nails Hard, more experinece and 1 on 1 is not suited to the ravenguard style of warfare, although I would assume they would be the far more manoevrble and agile.

4. Draw. The Primarchs are all evenly matched. ( Hence why all of their fights (i.e lion and the wolf) lasted so long) I think it would end in a draw. Horus has Spent far longer as a tactician but wether he had the martial prowess to defeat another primarch before chaos elevated him.....
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-30-10, 07:20 PM

increaso's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcrawford View Post
1. Luna Wolves. Almost goes without saying
2. Luna Wolves
3. Luna Wolves
4. Horus. In Raven Flight Corax admits that Horus is better.

I think that like many legions that weren't as successful as Horus, Dorn, Lion, and Guilliman, they were to one dimensional in their styles of fighting. And though they still crushed their foes it was a slower process.
As above.

I would probably say 1 and 4 are pretty much the same scenario since Horus' tactic is 'cut off the head' aka spear tip.

Not sure if we are talking pre or post Davin but it wouldn't change the result.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-30-10, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Lux

For scenario four, I think Corax could take the win, even by Horus's own opinion, the three primarchs who defeated him in singular combat were Russ, Sang, and I think Corax. He names three who defeated him, and also mentions Kurze is an unknown to him due to never having trained him.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-30-10, 09:40 PM

Captain Stillios's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
For scenario four, I think Corax could take the win, even by Horus's own opinion, the three primarchs who defeated him in singular combat were Russ, Sang, and I think Corax. He names three who defeated him, and also mentions Kurze is an unknown to him due to never having trained him.
When does he say who has beaten him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
chill out?...CHILL OUT!!!!!!!, THIS IS WARHAMMER, THERE IS NO TIME FOR "CHILLING OUT", WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS IS?, SOME KIND OF GAME?, THIS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xNoPityx View Post
The downside to a medium that allows the unlimited exchange of ideas, some people have some really stupid ideas.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-31-10, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
Lux

It was an old dwarf article, it was stating how horus trained all the primarchs in combat, and of all the primarchs only three bested him in singular combat; Russ, Sang, and the third I don't recall but I know it wasn't angron...might of been corax. It also goes on to state that Kurze is an unknown to him in this regard due to he is the only primarch which trained himself, and wasn't trained by horus.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-31-10, 01:36 AM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Sure your not confusing this with Ravens Flight? i'm pretty sure in that Corax when he sees that Angron is hunting him he mentions that few of the primarchs could best Horus, Angron and Sanguinius being some of them. Can't remember, need to listen to it again really
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-31-10, 01:43 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

The three best fighters were Sang, Angron, and Russ. Not necessarily in that order. And there was an old WD that said the top 3 were those and that thy beat Horus in combat.

Last edited by gen.ahab; 10-31-10 at 01:46 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode