Horus Versus Corax - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

View Poll Results: Who will be more victorious?
Horus 11 50.00%
Corax 6 27.27%
Draw 5 22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-31-10, 11:11 AM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Sanguinius was near Terra though, he could of been given command as well. I guess we should just wait and see, I'm sure he'll have a confrontation with one of his fallen brothers during the siege of the Emperor's Palace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-31-10, 11:25 AM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
But you have to keep in mind, each of the primarchs had their own opinion on who the top fighters were, such as Horus viewing Russ, Sang, and (pretty sure it was not angron mentioned) corax.
IIRC it wasn't Corax that had previously triumphed Horus. It would require a direct quote from source to justify that.

Quote:
I was reading a bit of Kurze recently, particularily when he fought the veteran guard of the templars, I never prior realized how psychically gifted Kurze was. He spread his arms outward and caused a psychic force pulse that caused explosions along all the light fixtures ahead. Additionally it seems to me that Kurze's uncanny ability to literally bend light and darkness where he desires, is more then just skillful moving. There is a scene that describes the beams of light go directly at kurze, and he effortlessly ghosts between them. That and his ability to cause the deepest level of fear in astartes, and primarchs.
All the Primarchs were psychically gifted to varying degrees. Magnus obviously being at the top of the scale, but all of them manifested some form of psychic abilities. You've given the example of Curze. The First Heretic gives us another example of Lorgar, he was psychically gifted, but repressed his abilities for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock in Training View Post
I like to know where Kruz stands on the Primarch Fight LvL.
Pretty damn high I would imagine.

Quote:
There is also Dorn's ranking of the best fighters in the tower book, of which Dorn specifically mentions Horus, and Kurze. Dorn states that he is superior to Horus and doesn't fear him, however the only primarch he fears in combat is Kurze.
I havn't listened to The Lightning Tower in ages, but I was under the impression that Dorn was musing that he didn't fear Horus, not that he could best him in combat? I'll have to listen to it again.

Regardless though, we know that the most martial Primarchs were; Horus, Angron, Curze, Sanguinius and Russ. Of course though, speculating on the most martial fighter out of a group of twenty superhuman warlords created with the sole intention of combat in mind isn't going to get us very far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
in fact he was chosen as Horus's successor
He wasn't exactly named Horus' successor, he was put in command of the defence of the Imperium because he was the only individual capable of being put into such a position at the time whilst the Emperor took to the Golden Throne.

Quote:
Sanguinius was near Terra though, he could of been given command as well. I guess we should just wait and see, I'm sure he'll have a confrontation with one of his fallen brothers during the siege of the Emperor's Palace.
Actually Sanguinius and the Blood Angels couldn't be contacted and were in fact being butchered by Daemons at the Signus ambush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).

Last edited by Child-of-the-Emperor; 10-31-10 at 11:29 AM.
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-31-10, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
Actually Sanguinius and the Blood Angels couldn't be contacted and were in fact being butchered by Daemons at the Signus ambush.
I did a search for this and found the story was in http://www.amazon.co.uk/Horus-Heresy-Collected-Visions-Warhammer/dp/1844164241? Is it worth getting, when I first heard of the art books I thought they were just that, art books and didn't know they had any writing in.

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-31-10, 11:46 AM
Bane of Empires

Quote:
I did a search for this and found the story was in Collected Visions? Is it worth getting, when I first heard of the art books I thought they were just that, art books and didn't know they had any writing in.
Yes, it's very much worth getting. Essentially it's the blueprint for the Horus Heresy, the novels are expanding on what has already been told in the Collected Visions - and theres some fantastic artwork in there as a bonus as well.

Quote:
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-31-10, 11:51 AM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
I did a search for this and found the story was in Collected Visions? Is it worth getting, when I first heard of the art books I thought they were just that, art books and didn't know they had any writing in.
Yes it is worth getting. Both myself and CotE can attest that this book is the reason we have such a indepth knowledge rearding the Heresy.

Edit: damn should have refreshed the page before posting
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-31-10, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Lux

Does anyone have the old dwarf article on hand? It states which 3 bested horus. Sang and russ were two, the third is unsure, I thought it was corax, I could be wrong....pretty sure it wasn't angron.
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-31-10, 12:15 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Do you remember roughly which WD it was? i.e Issue 200- higher or lower?
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-31-10, 12:21 PM

Ultra111's Flag is: England

I'll back the collected visions is worth getting. It's very insightful, and the artwork is great as well.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-31-10, 02:24 PM

Right just went to my local GW, got a can of black spray, a Empire Warrior Priest and the last copy of Collected Visions
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-31-10, 03:35 PM
Bane of Empires

Enjoy.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode