Rainbow Warriors - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

TheThousandthSon's Flag is: England

Rainbow Warriors

I've decided that my Post-Heresy army will be the Rainbow warriors. I know that they have been largly ingnored over the years and they first apeared in rogue trader. Peresonally I would have ignored them too for thier name untill I read a short story by one of the regular GW authors about them being Aztec themed and after that I understood why they where called what they are.

So If any one has the link/sorce of that story or any other bits of info or conversion ideas let me know.

Chears

For a better selection of my conversions and painting please check out
http://coolminiornot.com/profile.php...hSon&id=262826
Chears

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 08:33 AM

Angelus Censura's Flag is: USA

I've never even heard of them, but I'd be interested in some fluff on them too if they are Aztec themed. Sounds cool, goodluck!

post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 12:33 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Strangely enough until the moment you said they were Aztec themed I too didn't think much of them, then the word Aztec popped up and I got a shiver down my spine- the RW are cool again.

Sadly other than what floats around on Lexicanum there's basically nothing else, also ignore the old fluff that states they were a first founding chapter- the Ultramarines were retconned to take their place as a first founder.

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 05:10 PM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

The Aztec theme was invented by Philip Sibbering as part of his reinvention of Chapters with little or no official fluff.

i am unaware of an official comment on whether they were originally based on the Greenpeace ship or the American mythic cycle; I think they were dropped quietly by GW when the writer who invented them left the company.
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 05:15 PM

kaled's Flag is: United Kingdom

Was it Philip Sibbering's re-imagining of the Rainbow Warriors that you were thinking of? He reinvented them with a theme based on Aztec and Norse mythology.

http://www.philipsibbering.com/WH40K...Warriors.shtml

EDIT: Too slow!

I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

The Inquisitorial Gallery
The Conclave Hobby Competition Gallery
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

TheThousandthSon's Flag is: England

I'm Pretty sure i read a 2 page story on them by someone like Gav Thorpe. I really wish I knew where i found it.

I remember it talked about them turning up to an Aztec world and demanding initiates for thier scout program and the locals calling them sky gods or something like that. I remember that to pass the first phase of becoming a RW the initiates would be taken to the top of a Pyramid where a battle captain and chaplain would wait. The chaplain would use a chain sword and only gently cut across every initiate abdomen, chest and forehead, any who would flinch would have their head disintergrated by the captains power fist. Any who passed the test would become a scout.

So If any one else thinks they sound cool;

http://www.philipsibbering.com/WH40K...Warriors.shtml

Maybe if alot of us start armies of them GW may care about them again. Once i've finished some i'll post them in the gallery and i'd love to see any one elses.

For a better selection of my conversions and painting please check out
http://coolminiornot.com/profile.php...hSon&id=262826
Chears

post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 07:17 PM

When you first said rainbow warriors I pictured noise marines....but....with......rainbow guns
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 07:55 PM

Oh yeah these guys....first time I heard of them I thought they had the S from skittles as their chapter insignia. You could just see a random bright pink battle barge in orbit, with rainbows painted across the sides with unicorns bombarding the capital city with skittles, zooming through people's roofs down into their skulls while sending down a message against the rebel Imperial Planetary Governor that said,

"Can you taste the rainbow?!?"

My advice to you is to get married, if you have a good wife you'll be happy; if you get a bad one you'll become a philosopher.

In the grim darkness of the future the economy has even hit daemons, The Changeling is working at White Castle and Skarbrand is giving head in the alley next to Fateweaver's.You ever receive fellatio from a rhyming demon? It's a bad scene man.

Sticking your junk into a fang-filled mouth that breathes fire doesn't strike me as particularly smart.
Which is why that option should be available to any willing to take it.

In fact, there should be fang-faced, firebreathing demons on every streetcorner offering to pay 100 dollars to give BJ's. The gene pool would be vastly better off without anyone incapable of thinking it through.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 08:11 PM

This took me back!

Always assumed they were just gay marines
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 10:20 PM

Weren't they purged by the SoBs? I recall hearing this mentioned, although I'm not sure what the fluff reason was. Maybe the local Forgeworlds couldn't keep up with the Chapter's demand for armour-paint and they had to be destroyed for economic reasons!

GFP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode