Half Eldar and Slaanesh. - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-18-10, 10:42 PM

Warlock in Training's Flag is: USA

Tiger and Lion = Tion
Lion and Tiger = Liger
Polar Bear and Grizzly Bear = a badass Bear
Almost any specie of dog/wolf with another = Mutt

How is it impossible that Eldar and Humans cannot be SO similar when both were created by the Old Ones to make babies?

Then again you add in all the Sorcery, Warp, and Genetic Science into it = very plausible. So bring on the Strippers of the 41st Millenium.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-18-10, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Coder59's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonsledge View Post
Its not possible in real life no matter how close they are to us they cant re produce with eachother. unless the eldar are a ancient race of humans its not possible. only some species can reproduce with other species. an example are snakes. only certain breeds of snakes can reproduce with different breeds. these hybrids are only possible because their DNA is so close that it converts into hybrid. and the only way their DNA matches up in the first place is because their are a related breed meaning that they basically are the same snakes but lived in different climates and living conditions. the other breed probably was seperated while the earth plates shifted and the continents were formed.
You're really bringing real world biology into this?

I thought we left serious science at the door when Space Marines started stabbing Space Orks on the planet zog?
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-18-10, 10:57 PM

5tonsledge's Flag is: USA

lol i suppose your right.

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-19-10, 01:41 AM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock in Training View Post
Tiger and Lion = Tion
Lion and Tiger = Liger
Polar Bear and Grizzly Bear = a badass Bear
Almost any specie of dog/wolf with another = Mutt

How is it impossible that Eldar and Humans cannot be SO similar when both were created by the Old Ones to make babies?

Then again you add in all the Sorcery, Warp, and Genetic Science into it = very plausible. So bring on the Strippers of the 41st Millenium.
Let's not get into this debate again. If you're assuming 40k biology is the same as real world biology, then it's not possible. If you want to say there was some magical/warp intervention that allowed it to happen, then it's possible.

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-20-10, 01:40 AM

Warlock in Training's Flag is: USA

Like I said before, if the old ones devolope Eldar and Humans (as well as Orks) whos to say were not closely enough related? Have you read real studies on the Eldar Genes to no its not possible? Real world bioligy lessons as I listed with animals that are same species in general but different as well, says if the Old Ones design us to be praticaly the same then yes, real life biology could see a hybrid. No proof says otherwise sense its fictional.
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-20-10, 08:14 AM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Except the Old Ones didn't create us, they aided (for a very short while) the development of our very distant ancestors.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-20-10, 01:10 PM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

Lions and tigers are separated by 4 million years of divergent evolution, a relatively short time in evolutionary terms. The same goes for all the other examples, they're just closely enough related to be able to reproduce together, however nearly all of their offspring are infertile.

Eldar and Humans don't even share a common ancestor. I don't even think Eldar have dsDNA. It's something ridiculous like triple stranded. In short; bar some kind of crazy magic/warp/chaos gods intervention, eldar-human hybrids (Eldan or Humar or whatever you'd like to call them) are not possible.

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode