Bats%*t Crazy Theories - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-04-10, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

Default Bats%*t Crazy Theories

Following Serpion5's advice, cos I did a boo boo in his thread, sorry mate!
After the Thread which shall not be named, anyone want to let us in on some really stupid theories they have heard in relation to 40k?
No flaming or trolling please, it's just a bit of fun to see what stupid things people have come up with in the past.

To get the ball rolling when I was new to the hobby, way back in the day I had a friend who was convinced that Harlequins were the manifestation of the fifth Chaos God, the Solitaire!
Where this theory came from I never found out, he never backed it up with anything but he was convinced it was real.

-EDIT-
Sorry, it was CKCrawfords thread, sorry to you too mate!

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18

Last edited by normtheunsavoury; 09-04-10 at 12:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-04-10, 12:33 PM
Feed

Norm, it was not my thread you were boobooing, but I didn`t think it was a good idea anyway.

A dedicated thread sounded... safer shall we say?

One of the best crazy theories I have heard was in regards to the gods of the warp. It actually sounded credible the first time I heard it, but knowing what I do now I can say it is false.

Khaine = Khorne = Gork ... Apparently all the same guy by different races.

Cegorach = Tzeentch = Mork ... And here again.

For a while, I assumed that this made sense. But after reading a few pieces of fluff in the CD codex, it can`t be true, because these gods interact with each other.

It may be retcon, or it may be misunderstanding. Or maybe Khorne and Tzeentch have a few big fake heads stashed somewhere for other races.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #3 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-04-10, 12:36 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

A crazy one I heard recently was that Asuryan escaped being killed by Slaanesh and became the being we know as the Emperor (despite the fact the Emperor had been around for close to 40,000 years before Slaanesh appeared), also the fact that the C'tan essentially run everything and that 2 of the slain Primarchs (Ferrus Manus and Konrad Curze) are not only still alive but are the avatars for 2 of the star gods.

The guy was quite condescending about his theories stating that only those people who'd read all 40k material and could read between the lines would be able to realise the same 'truths' he'd come to believe, in the end though it was just funny because he was so delusional despite no actual evidence or support.

post #4 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-04-10, 12:40 PM
Feed

That guy sounds like a looney. I wonder... never mind.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #5 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-04-10, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

I was hoping to avoid that one but hey ho, it was going to happen!

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #6 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-04-10, 12:41 PM

I know someone who believes that the emperor was killed by Horus, so the man on the golden throne is actually Horus, and the CSMs are all the loyalists which is why they say death to the false emperor. I have no idea where he got it from
post #7 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-04-10, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Spikey View Post
A crazy one I heard recently was that Asuryan escaped being killed by Slaanesh and became the being we know as the Emperor (despite the fact the Emperor had been around for close to 40,000 years before Slaanesh appeared), also the fact that the C'tan essentially run everything and that 2 of the slain Primarchs (Ferrus Manus and Konrad Curze) are not only still alive but are the avatars for 2 of the star gods.

The guy was quite condescending about his theories stating that only those people who'd read all 40k material and could read between the lines would be able to realise the same 'truths' he'd come to believe, in the end though it was just funny because he was so delusional despite no actual evidence or support.
Just in case someone missed it.

MAKE LOVE, NOT SPAM!
post #8 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-04-10, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

With a gagillion posts in about fifteen seconds I'm not sure anyone missed it, anywhere!

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #9 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-04-10, 01:01 PM
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

one of my former gaming mates used to field a mixed army of nids, marines, eldar and guardsmen claiming that he had read an article in WD about a mixed force called the merge marines. Apparently they were an allied army that could choose forces from any codex to represent the fact that they stood against everything the other races stood for....they were allied together to try and bring peace to the galaxy.

this was back in second edition and i now realise he just wanted models from a massive selection of armies...all painted the same yellow and blue colour scheme though.

post #10 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-04-10, 03:09 PM

Smokes's Flag is: Italy

You want crazy? The Inquisitorial Representative sitting on the High Lords of Terra, along with many influential Inquisitor-Lords and Grandmasters (Caidin, etc.) are in fact Squats. It explains how they disappeared.

"You do not need to look to the stars to find the greatest obstacle this Conclave faces, my brothers. Simply gaze around this room and you will find such a sea of discord as to make your foes cackle with glee." - Inquisitor Eistus Gracker in address to the Calixian Conclave

"There are dark pitted corners of our universe that have bred the most unfathomable horrors and blasphemies that would burn and blind the sanest man. Fortunately sanity has never been a prerequisite of membership in the Holy Ordos." - Inquisitor Silas Marr

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode