Your Fluff Credentials - Page 14 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 132 (permalink) Old 09-28-16, 01:59 AM

The Final Frontier's Flag is: USA

1: How long have you been in the hobby?

Table Top wise 7 years, since 2009
Generally, speaking probably 8 or 9 years if were just talking Warhammer in general

2: How important is Fluff to you, relative to other aspects of the hobby?

Fluff is number one all the way, love reading about heroic Adeptus Astartes and their legendary triumphs and their tragic tales not to mention all the grey are's to question. I love the fluff so much I often create fluff for my own forces to the point I had written a custom codex for my chapter. unfortunately it was lost when my laptop blue screened although I still have a single physical copy left although it's horribly outdated but still a good read here and there!

3: How devoted are you to the works of the Black Library? By this I basically mean what compels you to buy/read one of their novels, do you pick them because of the races involved, follow certain serials, on a whim, etc...

Almost never read them in the sense of reading from a physical book, I often read bits here and there from Adeptus Astartes books that are related to fluff am looking into.

4: How many codexes have you taken the time to read thoroughly, including older editions?

-Space Marine 5 and 6
-Black Templars 4

5: Do you enjoy postiulating theories, pondering mysteries, and writing your own works to expand your enjoyment of the hobby?

As stated above, literally love everything about Warhammer 40,000K lore and often ask grey area questions that need to be answered! I often create fluff for my own forces to the point I had written a custom codex for my chapter. unfortunately it was lost when my laptop blue screened although I still have a single physical copy left although it's horribly outdated but still a good read here and there!

6: If youa have anything further to add, feel free.

EDIT: 7: What would you call your area of expertise?

Space Marines obviously lol although I have basic knowledge of all races and there backstory but am not an expert.

EDIT8: What would you say is your weakest area of fluff knowledge?

Probably Tryanids,Sisters of Battle, Eldar In general(craft world and Dark)

"I am Honored to call every single one of you my brother.....You will die today, I will die today but if we must die for the greater good of humanity so be it. With our deaths, our children will blossom into the stars with the Primarches of anew and start a new, grander crusade in the name of the Emperor and as the Emperor's chosen, we will guide them to that path......Show them the true fury of the Emperor's wraith one last time my brothers!.....Forward in the name of the Emperor and may you find salvation with the Emperor when the end comes for you.

- Chapter Master Nilus Pentis of the Ultra Hawks,
00.? 42M, Second battle of Terra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 132 (permalink) Old 09-28-16, 11:01 AM

Brother Emund's Flag is: United Kingdom

Cool

1: How long have you been in the hobby?

Since the very begining (I think). When it all first started, I brought just about every game and figure going. I kept them and when I hung up my paint brush and Codexes, I sold most of them (for a nice profit, I may add). I still have a few of my (own) Chapter Marines on my window sill in the office for sentimental reasons.

2: How important is Fluff to you, relative to other aspects of the hobby?

I love 'Fluff'. I read something about it every day. Wiki, has over 3000+ pages and every day I press a random page just to see what pops up.

3: How devoted are you to the works of the Black Library? By this I basically mean what compels you to buy/read one of their novels, do you pick them because of the races involved, follow certain serials, on a whim, etc...

I read all the time. I currently have 2 books going (usually 3). I like the SM's and the Guard mainly.

4: How many codexes have you taken the time to read thoroughly, including older editions?

I used to read them all when I was playing. I only use them for references now.

5: Do you enjoy postiulating theories, pondering mysteries, and writing your own works to expand your enjoyment of the hobby?

Absolutely. I am currently writing a story about a perpetual and his crew avoiding the Inquisition and particularly a very dangerous Inquisitior (with an interesting backgound). I am also writing a short story about one of the missing (deleted, killed, dissapeared) Primarchs.

6: If youa have anything further to add, feel free.

Try writing short stories in the original Works section. Open your mind to posibilities. You can virtually do anything there!

7: What would you call your area of expertise?

I like writing 40K stories.

8: What would you say is your weakest area of fluff knowledge?

Not so much as a weakness, its just that I am not that fussed; I care little for Necrons or Tau, however, I am facinated about all the minor races that pop up in 40K. I would like more on them.

"Death occurs when a lethal projectile comes together in time and space with a suitable target, in the absence of appropriate armour or protection”

Check out my 40K 'Epic' about the Hunted verses the Inquisition: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...98#post2184698

Last edited by Brother Emund; 09-28-16 at 11:04 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode