Random Questions - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 1113 (permalink) Old 08-31-10, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Androxine Vortex's Flag is: USA

I like talking on the subject of daemons a lot I've noticed and I have two more questions;

When daemons are "formed" how do they become associated with gods? I think that they all initialy start off as having no allegiance but i don't know.

Does anybody know where I can find art depicting the warp? I know it's supposed to be incomprehensable but I just wanted to know.

+MAY THE DARK GODS BLESS YOU WITH MANY TENTACLES+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 1113 (permalink) Old 09-01-10, 12:08 AM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androxine Vortex View Post
When daemons are "formed" how do they become associated with gods? I think that they all initialy start off as having no allegiance but i don't know.
Because daemons are formed by the gods themselves. The gods extract a tiny fraction of their overall power and mould it into a seperate and individual consciousness which then becomes a daemon. The daemons then share their patrons aspect and characteristics. The daemons are governed by their patron gods despite retaining individual ambitions and personalities. Although a Chaos God is able to ensure the loyalty of its daemon children by retaining the ability to retract its own essence from the daemon, which in the process destroys the daemon's essence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).
post #53 of 1113 (permalink) Old 09-01-10, 01:27 AM

VanitusMalus's Flag is: Australia

Androxine you should pick up the Chaos Daemons Codex. There's a section that details each main Chaos's Gods realm and has a picture of each.

post #54 of 1113 (permalink) Old 09-01-10, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

Androxine Vortex's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanitusMalus View Post
Androxine you should pick up the Chaos Daemons Codex. There's a section that details each main Chaos's Gods realm and has a picture of each.
Ok, I might take a look at it. I already know about the pictures of each of the chaos gods' realm from lex so I hope its different! Thanks

+MAY THE DARK GODS BLESS YOU WITH MANY TENTACLES+
post #55 of 1113 (permalink) Old 09-01-10, 01:49 AM

VanitusMalus's Flag is: Australia

Probably the same pictures.

Ok I have a question and it's concerning the power pack of Space Marines. So if an opponent were to disable the pack for any reason would the Space Marine armoured suit shut thus not allowing him to move or anything? I guess then all the enemy would have to do is get a really big rock.
post #56 of 1113 (permalink) Old 09-01-10, 09:22 AM
Feed

A space marine`s strength is such that he would still be able to move whether his suit was powered or not. The only difference is that he would be forced to lift and carry the full weight of the armour himself, thus it would be a hindrance more than a help. An example of this occurs in The Killing Ground (4th UM series) where Uriel is forced to fight wearing a suit composed of only a few unpowered pieces of armour.

Terminator Armour might be a different story, being much heavier and more cumbersome to begin with. But I am not sure of any examples of this.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #57 of 1113 (permalink) Old 09-01-10, 12:12 PM

13illfred's Flag is: Australia

If the Old Ones created the eldar, did they also create the eldar gods? or were they just chilling in the warp or web way and decided to jump onboard the eldar train somewhere along the line..... same questions applies to orks aswell
post #58 of 1113 (permalink) Old 09-01-10, 12:21 PM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13illfred View Post
If the Old Ones created the eldar, did they also create the eldar gods? or were they just chilling in the warp or web way and decided to jump onboard the eldar train somewhere along the line
Its unclear exactly what the Eldar Gods are/were. But its been speculated that they were Old Ones themselves who survived the enslaver plague, or that they were created by the Old Ones, or that they were created (in some way shape or form, directly or indirectly, and possibly as a result of their faith/beliefs) by the Eldar themselves, possibly as the psychic manifestation of the Eldar's psyche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13illfred View Post
..... same questions applies to orks aswell
Gork & Mork are the psychic manifestations of the Orkish races' consciousness or Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).

Last edited by Child-of-the-Emperor; 09-01-10 at 12:27 PM.
post #59 of 1113 (permalink) Old 09-01-10, 12:23 PM
Feed

The Eldar and Ork gods are a relult of the respective races beliefs and the effects they had in the warp.

One theory I have heard postulated, and even considered at one point, is that the eldar gods are in fact the old ones themselves, but there is too much fluff to contradict this.

The Eldar gods became the focus of the Eldar`s worship and devotion after the Old Ones civilisation collapsed. After the c`tan went into stasis, the eldar claimed the galaxy. At this point, they were the dominant race and their gods so dominated the warp. The chaos gods undoubtedly existed at this time, but three did not have the same level of influence they later would and the fourth lay dormant.

With the fall of the eldar and the birth of Slaanesh, the Eldar gods were destroyed (or whatever) and the chaos gods able to achieve true dominion. At this point, the Great crusade had begun and Mankind inherited the galaxy, bringing the threat of Chaos with it.

The ork gods of course, are simply the epitome of orkish belief. Their influence ultimately is not deemed a serious threat to the four powers.

EDIT: Ninja`d by CotE. Should have known.

EDIT: And Ninja`d Eddy!

Nonsense is our Salvation

Last edited by Serpion5; 09-01-10 at 12:29 PM.
post #60 of 1113 (permalink) Old 09-01-10, 12:24 PM

NiceGuyEddy's Flag is: Ireland

Not 100% on this but I think the eldar gods were manifested in the warp as a direct result of the eldars psychic potential. Kinda a "if you wish hard enough it might come true." Never really thought about it though it does make sense as slaanesh came into being in a similar fashion i.e. eldar debauchery and Khorne may have arrived due to humanities wars and ravaging behaviour in the middle ages or some such lark.

Gork and mork similarly were the result of so many orks with latent psychic potential killing in their name.

EDIT: Eh..... yeah, what Serpion said.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode