Random Questions - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 1113 (permalink) Old 08-04-10, 03:18 PM

Davidicus 40k's Flag is: USA

Let's talk about cities!

How many citizens could an average hive tower (spire?) hold? If a city has one, is it automatically a hive city, or does it need the layers underground as well?

I'm curious because I figured only hive cities had hive towers, until I read Sabbat Martyr. It'd make sense to build them in a city with limited space but overflowing population, I guess.

"Consequence of Mercy" - Written for KingOfCheese
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 1113 (permalink) Old 08-04-10, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Androxine Vortex's Flag is: USA

I also understand that you need to be at a young age in order to become a SM. What is the max age limit do you think?

+MAY THE DARK GODS BLESS YOU WITH MANY TENTACLES+
post #33 of 1113 (permalink) Old 08-04-10, 05:51 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidicus 40k View Post
Let's talk about cities!

How many citizens could an average hive tower (spire?) hold? If a city has one, is it automatically a hive city, or does it need the layers underground as well?

I'm curious because I figured only hive cities had hive towers, until I read Sabbat Martyr. It'd make sense to build them in a city with limited space but overflowing population, I guess.
Hive Cities aren't initially built where there is a large population, they're built and then the population is shipped in to fill them.
Hive Cities are just many layered, sprawling metropolis' that don't have to have a large underground section- a large Hive City could hold about 1 Billion people so I'd imagine a sizeable Hive Tower could hold at least a couple of million.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androxine Vortex View Post
I also understand that you need to be at a young age in order to become a SM. What is the max age limit do you think?
Well your body still needs to be developing so I imagine the latest the Astartes could reasonably leave it would be about the age of 16-17, there are precedents for adults becoming Space Marines but the success rate is like 0.1%.

post #34 of 1113 (permalink) Old 08-04-10, 08:22 PM

Smokes's Flag is: Italy

When an Inquisitor is raised to rank within the Ordo Malleus, they receive a daemonhammer, which is the symbol of the Ordo. It's pretty much an epic version of a hammer and I can imagine how heavy that thing is. The question is what if you can't pick it up? If you are an Ahmazzi-esque Inquisitor and you don't walk around with power-armor. Or if frankly you don't have the arm strength to haul that thing around? Just stick it in the closet?

"You do not need to look to the stars to find the greatest obstacle this Conclave faces, my brothers. Simply gaze around this room and you will find such a sea of discord as to make your foes cackle with glee." - Inquisitor Eistus Gracker in address to the Calixian Conclave

"There are dark pitted corners of our universe that have bred the most unfathomable horrors and blasphemies that would burn and blind the sanest man. Fortunately sanity has never been a prerequisite of membership in the Holy Ordos." - Inquisitor Silas Marr
post #35 of 1113 (permalink) Old 08-04-10, 08:52 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokes View Post
When an Inquisitor is raised to rank within the Ordo Malleus, they receive a daemonhammer, which is the symbol of the Ordo. It's pretty much an epic version of a hammer and I can imagine how heavy that thing is. The question is what if you can't pick it up? If you are an Ahmazzi-esque Inquisitor and you don't walk around with power-armor. Or if frankly you don't have the arm strength to haul that thing around? Just stick it in the closet?
You've pretty much answered your own question

If the Inquisitor can't use it effectively, or it's just doesn't fit with the way he works then he (or she) won't use it and will just put it in storage.
post #36 of 1113 (permalink) Old 08-04-10, 09:11 PM

Smokes's Flag is: Italy

I would kind of feel bad. You've got this weapon of pure awesomeness and you kind of feel....weak because you can't haul it around. But when you see the other Malleus Inquisitors panting and carrying the massive thing you just laugh and do a little dance.

"You do not need to look to the stars to find the greatest obstacle this Conclave faces, my brothers. Simply gaze around this room and you will find such a sea of discord as to make your foes cackle with glee." - Inquisitor Eistus Gracker in address to the Calixian Conclave

"There are dark pitted corners of our universe that have bred the most unfathomable horrors and blasphemies that would burn and blind the sanest man. Fortunately sanity has never been a prerequisite of membership in the Holy Ordos." - Inquisitor Silas Marr
post #37 of 1113 (permalink) Old 08-05-10, 01:15 AM

Well, the Adepta Sororitas fit antigrav suspensors to their heavy bolters to make them less unweildy (50lb heavy bolter instead of its actual 150lb weight)... I would imagine the Inquisition has access to such suspensors, so it would be more up to the Inquisitor in question of whether he/she wants to hang it over the fireplace as decoration, or carry it into battle, based on their preferred method of combat. And I think given how the Inquisition works, nobody's going to hold a gun to the back of your head and tell you to use the hammer (except, well, maybe a more powerful Inquisitor who insists it's your duty to carry your badge of office, like all Chaplains have Crozius Arcanums... and now C:SM says your chappy is armed with one and can't swap it for nothing.)
post #38 of 1113 (permalink) Old 08-05-10, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chand223 View Post
In the DOW2 game, there is a quote of something to the effect of 'souls in the warp are currency' (during one of the parts with Eliphas if i remember correctly). This got me to thinking, What happened to the souls of the slain Primarchs? Is the soul of Ferrus Manus floating around in the warp somewhere, for instance?
Well, as you remember, the soul of Horus was completely and utterly obliterated by the Emperor of Mankind. However, when the Emperor "died" He was still concious in spirit, not body. Think of the Warp of a separate Universe with two (or more) sides. One side (the smaller one, by alot) being protected by the Emperor of Mankind. So in here there would be the Souls of Vulkan, Corax, Ferrus Manus and such. Sanguinius would not be in there because of "family" issues.

In the chaos side, there are the four planes of the Primordial Annihilator (title taken from Legion) basically, the chaos gods. Each god has their own domain, so basically their own planet.

In between these "areas" is (i believe, im not sure) the location of the Eldar Webway.

For Lorgar! For Mortarion! Death to the False Emperor!

My WIP log. Check it out. C&C wanted.

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=67915
post #39 of 1113 (permalink) Old 08-09-10, 02:17 PM

Turkeyspit's Flag is: Canada

Is the discharge of a Melta-gun/Multi-Melta visible to the naked eye?

From the descriptions I've read, the weapon heats its target through the use of microwave energy, which I believe, is invisible. But I believe I read in the BL book Fallen Angels that when their Melta-gunner fired on the rebel APC's, it emitted a 'beam' of some sort. (I lent the book to a friend so can't verify).
post #40 of 1113 (permalink) Old 08-18-10, 11:03 PM

Burias's Flag is: USA

There was some talk about the Aquila but how do you do the Mechanicus sign? The Cog?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode