Random Questions - Page 14 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-20-10, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaagh_Bong View Post
what have the orks not looted yet?
Chuck Norris's secret stash of twinkies.

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-20-10, 07:43 AM
IRONBORN

Tyrannus's Flag is: England

I was just wondering how does the Ordo Hereticus work? I mean, how do they know which planets to check for heresy? Do they just patrol sectors and kinda act like inspectors? do they have spies everywhere and they notify them is there is some trouble afoot? or do they just come if the high command of a planet or system messages them that they have a problem?

Thanks for the help.

From iron, cometh strength. From strength, cometh will. From will, cometh faith. From faith, cometh honour. From honour, cometh iron. This is the Unbreakable Litany, and may it forever be so.
post #133 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-20-10, 08:07 AM
Feed

The Inquisition has many ways to detect taint.

Spies abound on many worlds, certain organisations know of the hereticus and will refer to them when needed.

Other than this, the inquisitors are always on the lookout for taint, and they and their staff can operate independently across entire sectors sometimes.

I would reccomend reading the eisenhorn omnibus for a good explanation on how the organisation works.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #134 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-20-10, 08:17 AM
IRONBORN

Tyrannus's Flag is: England

Awesome Thanks for the reply.

I just always wondered, because I read bit of fluff on white dwarf where an inquisitor was greeted by the Governer-general or something when he first landed on the planet he was investigating, and i thought to myself "Surely this isn't how the Ordo hereticus should go about doing their business" because it seems, if you have enough influence in a planet and you follow chaos, you could just not contact the witch hunters .

But I digress.

Thanks for the reply again, really clears things up for me .

From iron, cometh strength. From strength, cometh will. From will, cometh faith. From faith, cometh honour. From honour, cometh iron. This is the Unbreakable Litany, and may it forever be so.
post #135 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-20-10, 11:15 PM
SnoopyChicken's Flag is: England

If slaanesh is a warp god and time is meaningless in the warp, does that mean slaanesh is present before the fall? Can s/he interfere with events before the fall? Does that mean the time stream of 40k would have been different before the fall?

This is making my head hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperious Rex View Post
Don't get me wrong brother. If there's one race that I wouldn't want to be captured by it's the DE. I'd rather set off a melta bomb in my pants than be taken alive by the dark eldar.
post #136 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-21-10, 11:54 AM
Feed

Before CotE does so, I will say the following:

Time is meaningless in the warp. Slaanesh has always existed, yet never existed at the same time.

Essentially, there are two viewpoints. From the warp, if such a thing can be comprehended, Slaanesh has always existed in one form or another.

Yet in the materium, where chronological order matters, there was indeed a time where Slaanesh did not exist, and there were only three gods of Chaos. Such times are naught but distant memories now, however...

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #137 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-21-10, 12:24 PM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Thanks Serpion, but Snoopy already acknowledged that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyChicken View Post
Can s/he interfere with events before the fall?
Essentially we don't know, and were not suppossed to. The warp is incomprehensible and mind-shattering. Slaanesh existed before the Fall, was born at the point of the Fall, and has yet never existed. It's all a bit nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).
post #138 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-21-10, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
Essentially we don't know, and were not suppossed to. The warp is incomprehensible and mind-shattering. Slaanesh existed before the Fall, was born at the point of the Fall, and has yet never existed. It's all a bit nuts.
And yet after he/she was born he/she had also always been there. Like COTE, it's quite insane. Makes the tv show Lost look perfectly straight-forward and sensible.

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.
post #139 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-21-10, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Androxine Vortex's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Before CotE does so, I will say the following:

Time is meaningless in the warp. Slaanesh has always existed, yet never existed at the same time.

Essentially, there are two viewpoints. From the warp, if such a thing can be comprehended, Slaanesh has always existed in one form or another.

Yet in the materium, where chronological order matters, there was indeed a time where Slaanesh did not exist, and there were only three gods of Chaos. Such times are naught but distant memories now, however...
I too think that Slaanesh has been ever-present because the gods are manifestations of human emotion in a radical extreme. Good job of explaining it too.

+MAY THE DARK GODS BLESS YOU WITH MANY TENTACLES+
post #140 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-21-10, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Androxine Vortex's Flag is: USA

Do you think that the races/armies of the Warhammer 40K Universe are balanced out well? Do you think that some are more powerfull that others in numbers or might?

I think that Chaos is portrayed as too much of a threat. Yes Chaos itself has always been a primordial threat but if you think about it, the Imperium GREATLY outnumbers Chaos.

+MAY THE DARK GODS BLESS YOU WITH MANY TENTACLES+

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode