Random Questions - Page 12 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 1113 (permalink) Old 09-23-10, 05:50 PM

Starship Trooper's Flag is: USA

Good call... I missed the fluff part... my bad. Thank you though!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-17-10, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Androxine Vortex's Flag is: USA

Lorgar has sealed himself away inside the Templum Inficio for thousands of years and has remained undisturbed in meditation. Do you think he will ever awaken?

And if he does, what do you think he would do or change?

+MAY THE DARK GODS BLESS YOU WITH MANY TENTACLES+
post #113 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-17-10, 11:09 PM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androxine Vortex View Post
Lorgar has sealed himself away inside the Templum Inficio for thousands of years and has remained undisturbed in meditation. Do you think he will ever awaken?

And if he does, what do you think he would do or change?
Well one way of interpreting the plot at the end of Dark Creed is by viewing it as Lorgar wishing to usurp Abaddon the Despoiler as the Warmaster of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).

post #114 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 01:33 AM

Levendus's Flag is: United Kingdom

I've got about a million questions... I'm only about 0.1% through the books so my knowledge is pretty minimal.

Well I don't understand the whole warp thing at all ...
Where do I start....

What is a webway ? Can humans use them ?

Is the Eldar warp different from the human warp ?

If I looked out the window of my battle cruiser whilst travelling through the warp would it be all purple and swirly ?

If I lived on a planet near a warpy bit of space would I have crazy dreams about demons ?!

Do smaller transport ships have warp... do you NEED to have a 'choir of psykers' to travel through the warp ?

When the Chaos marines 'retreat to the warp' what do they do... are they in a dreamy state !? Or is it the same as the normal plains ?

What about the Dark Elder ? is their Black Fortress in the warp ? Could it be attacked by Elder or Chaos ?

Thanks in advance for the responses
post #115 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 01:48 AM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levendus View Post
I've got about a million questions... I'm only about 0.1% through the books so my knowledge is pretty minimal.

Well I don't understand the whole warp thing at all ...
Where do I start....

What is a webway ? Can humans use them ?
It like a series of tunnels (that's the best word for it though it's more complex than that) that's sort of partly in the Warp and partly in real space, it allows safe travel across the galaxy much faster than travelling through real space but slower than true warp flight.
Yes humans can use it, anyone can really, and the Eldar didn't build it their creators the Old Ones did.

Quote:
Is the Eldar warp different from the human warp ?
The Warp is simply that, there aren't different Warps- it's all one encompassing, chaotic realm.

Quote:
If I looked out the window of my battle cruiser whilst travelling through the warp would it be all purple and swirly ?
If you looked out of a window whilst travelling through warp space you'd go utterly insane, the warp is everything and nothing- it's raw emotion and insanity, it's never the same for any person that looks at it (that's also why the 'windows' on ships passing through are shielded so those aboard can't look through them).

Quote:
If I lived on a planet near a warpy bit of space would I have crazy dreams about demons ?!
Possibly, your planet would be home to a higher than average number of mutants, your dreams would be unsettled and pervading sense of unnaturalness would permeat the atmosphere.

Quote:
Do smaller transport ships have warp... do you NEED to have a 'choir of psykers' to travel through the warp ?
You need a Warp Drive to traverse the Warp itself and a Navigator to use the Astronomicon (which is a choir of thousands of psykers directed by the God-Emperor who create a 'guiding light' of psychic power from Terra).
Most large ships have some sort of warp drive, basically only stuff that is small enough to dock within another vessel doesn't have a warp drive.

Quote:
When the Chaos marines 'retreat to the warp' what do they do... are they in a dreamy state !? Or is it the same as the normal plains ?
They usually retreat to a daemon world, which is a world from real space trapped within the Warp- again the Warp/Immaterium differs depending on the individual viewing it but it's rarely a pleasant place even for Chaos Space Marines.

Quote:
What about the Dark Elder ? is their Black Fortress in the warp ? Could it be attacked by Elder or Chaos ?
Their largest city, Commorragh, dwells within the darkness of the Webway where Slaanesh's influence is lessened on their souls- in theory anyone could invade it if they had access to the webway and could find it. Usually though the only non dark eldar other than slaves to travel their are the Harlequin Eldar.

Quote:
Thanks in advance for the responses
No problem dude, I'm here to help
post #116 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 02:21 AM

-This thread has gotten rather popular, and the concept of asking questions to be answered and debated by the people with a bit more knowledge is appealing to me.

Stickied, never more will there be a chance this thread is lost.

Baron
Spikey
post #117 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 03:34 AM

I had a question about Chaos Furies. In the codex it states that basically if a follower of chaos couldn't pick between dieties he was stuck as a fury when he died. If this is so, would that essentially mean that you become like a free style immortal? Does being a lesser daemon make you immortal?
post #118 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRU3 CHAOS View Post
I had a question about Chaos Furies. In the codex it states that basically if a follower of chaos couldn't pick between dieties he was stuck as a fury when he died. If this is so, would that essentially mean that you become like a free style immortal? Does being a lesser daemon make you immortal?
Your certainly immune to the ravages of time and mortals (i.e you can reform in the warp) but more powerful daemons bound to a God could conceivably consume your essence.
post #119 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 01:07 PM
SnoopyChicken's Flag is: England

How far can a space marine in full power armour fall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperious Rex View Post
Don't get me wrong brother. If there's one race that I wouldn't want to be captured by it's the DE. I'd rather set off a melta bomb in my pants than be taken alive by the dark eldar.
post #120 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 05:19 PM

NiceGuyEddy's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyChicken View Post
How far can a space marine in full power armour fall?
Depends on the height of the bar stool.

Seriously though, your gonna have to be more specific.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode