Random Questions - Page 110 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1091 of 1113 (permalink) Old 09-03-15, 07:16 AM

Brother Emund's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkmaster View Post
Stick to the dead tree-format. All stories, even the less necessary e-shorts, will appear in them sooner or later. Legacies of Betrayal is a good proof of that.
Cheers!

"Death occurs when a lethal projectile comes together in time and space with a suitable target, in the absence of appropriate armour or protection”

Check out my 40K 'Epic' about the Hunted verses the Inquisition: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...98#post2184698

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1092 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-22-15, 05:58 PM
KINKYWULFEN's Flag is: USA

Ok so I've got a few questions.
1.is fielding a mainly stolen armor army that rare? Most of my army is random armor bits that fluff wise my guys just found and repaired and don't care what's on it. All they do to change it is scratch out markings and paint over it.
2.i get it that different chaos war bands hate eachother but why won't more join abandon in a crusade? Like I know it will end the story line but come on are they that dumb? They have primarchs still when the closest loyalists have is a big smurf in a coma, a werewolf that ran off doing whatever he does and a Asian that's disappeared. Oh and I almost forgot about the regenerating missing dragon guy and the vampire from twilight that said he would be reborn.
3.when the hell is the wolfen times?
4.not a question but just stating that on number 2 some info is wrong but I don't have time to look all of it up.
post #1093 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-22-15, 06:27 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINKYWULFEN View Post
Ok so I've got a few questions.
1.is fielding a mainly stolen armor army that rare? Most of my army is random armor bits that fluff wise my guys just found and repaired and don't care what's on it. All they do to change it is scratch out markings and paint over it.
2.i get it that different chaos war bands hate eachother but why won't more join abandon in a crusade? Like I know it will end the story line but come on are they that dumb? They have primarchs still when the closest loyalists have is a big smurf in a coma, a werewolf that ran off doing whatever he does and a Asian that's disappeared. Oh and I almost forgot about the regenerating missing dragon guy and the vampire from twilight that said he would be reborn.
3.when the hell is the wolfen times?
4.not a question but just stating that on number 2 some info is wrong but I don't have time to look all of it up.
1. Is this for Imperials or chaos? Because as far as chaos go, that is exactly what they do, the Night Lords series show them doing this quite a bit. If Imperials, you could easily make up a fluff reason, such as their fortress monastery was destroyed or is just completely cut off from any nearby Ad Mech support, that the chapter is on a penance crusade for something they did and have had all support from foundries or the Mechanicum cut off until the penance is over. Stuff like that.

2. Some just don't want to. A lot of them just don't care about the Imperium anymore, they have actually got over it and are far too concerned with fighting current grudges against other warbands in the Eye. Also just wanting to consolidate their own power, some have made worlds their own or become independent brokers and hubs for other warbands, and again have no interest in going to potentially die at the hands of the Imperium, as powerful as they would be united, many would die, and the current state of Chaos marines is very much selfish, self-serving, ambitious and with a high level of self preservation in a lot of cases, they just aren't like the loyalists they used to be or the Imperials, ready to lay down their lives without hesitation. And of course many, like the Primarchs are just playing the Great Game now. That being said. Abaddon has secured the service of all the remaining traitor Primarchs for the 13th Black Crusade, which is going to be the most devastating one yet and will in all likelihood end the Imperium or cripple it so badly that it can never recover. Though that is of course prime time for the missing loyalist Primarchs to return.

3. The Wolf Time. There is no set time, it's the end time, the final moments of the Imperium. As above, that could well be the 13th Black Crusade. It implies that even if Russ intends to return for that, it will be the end regardless. The Lion will also likely be released by the Watchers then, as they are holding him until he's needed most. Cue the Lion and the Wolf King entering Commorragh (where I think he is anyway) to jailbreak the Khan out. Have Vulkan and Corax come out of hiding, have some bullshit deus ex machina to resurrect Guilliman, have Dorn(sans hands(and I still says he's dead anyway)) magically appear and we got some big heavy hitters arrayed against Chaos. Sanguinius is proper fucked though. Won't see him, unless of course James Swallow gets to write stuff for it, in which case the Sanguinor will probably become Sanguinius himself once the others return. This is all moot though as G-Dubs will never write the end times for 40k.

post #1094 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-23-15, 01:49 PM

See that's the thing the loyalists have so much they could do but they don't. I'm chaos myself and I love what we do single but we fight ourselves so much. Just as in the ultra marines books it shows us just waiting time and resources in the eye. (Also I learned don't google something up until you finish the books cuz I didn't know what happened to the unfleshed then I ruined it for myself :,|) Also when will the 13th space wolves company come back into play? I fell in love when reading the space wolves books but then sadly that's the last I've heard of them. Are they meant to come back with Russ in the wolf time, because Russ coming back with the missing 13th company would be awesome. (Imagine Russ and all the old warriors and werewolves meeting back up with bjorn.)
post #1095 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-23-15, 03:53 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINKYWULFEN View Post
See that's the thing the loyalists have so much they could do but they don't. I'm chaos myself and I love what we do single but we fight ourselves so much. Just as in the ultra marines books it shows us just waiting time and resources in the eye. (Also I learned don't google something up until you finish the books cuz I didn't know what happened to the unfleshed then I ruined it for myself :,|) Also when will the 13th space wolves company come back into play? I fell in love when reading the space wolves books but then sadly that's the last I've heard of them. Are they meant to come back with Russ in the wolf time, because Russ coming back with the missing 13th company would be awesome. (Imagine Russ and all the old warriors and werewolves meeting back up with bjorn.)
The 13th Company came back in the Eye of Terror campaign about...10 years ago? A lot of their number had become wulfen and the Rune Priests were pretty powerful, but their armour was clobbered together from chaos marines as well if I recall correctly. The whole campaign and all the fluff with it was retconned however, so as of the current canon, they're still unaccounted for. Potentially with Russ, but who knows.
post #1096 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-23-15, 05:00 PM

Like imagin bjorn and Russ with the rest of the still slightly non werewolf space wolves coming back together to tell stories of old. Like I can see it and to be honest the space wolves always brought a smile to my face and a lot of it was due to Hagar wolfblade.
post #1097 of 1113 (permalink) Old 10-27-15, 07:22 PM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

Default Random Questions

How large Transport Capacity does an ork Battle Fortress have?
Is it an Assult Vehicle?
Where is it's Access Point?

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

Last edited by Moriouce; 10-27-15 at 08:02 PM.
post #1098 of 1113 (permalink) Old 11-09-15, 06:56 PM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

Can anyone identify this model?
http://www.tradera.com/item/341005/2...-lada-med-bitz
The one primed black on the big rectangual base at the bottom.

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #1099 of 1113 (permalink) Old 01-04-16, 10:07 AM

Kruphix, chaos ctan's Flag is: Australia

where do i put a custom codex for an entirely new army (not a chapter or dynasty thing)?

Creations made in madness may contain great power. The path to that power is as labyrinthine as the creator's mind.
‘Through technology we thought to defeat the natural order. But the onset of eternity cannot be denied forever; the universe will see us humbled for our presumption. Yet its methods of attack are limited. We long ago removed our bodies from mortality’s grasp and bartered away our souls for technological baubles and the trappings of power.Our minds, then, are all that remains for us to lose, and it is here that the next stroke against us will fall.Though our individual afflictions may take different forms, sooner or later we will be lost to madness.’
post #1100 of 1113 (permalink) Old 11-12-16, 09:05 PM

Figured this would be a good place for this question. Is it correct to assume hat there are 'secular' people in the 40k setting? I mean like they don't actively worship the Emperor, but they don't deny him either. Or they're not Chaos, but they don't really care much about the Emperor either? I'm hoping that makes more sense than it sounds.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode